Author Topic: Coran romance?  (Read 5656 times)

Offline kimmuryiel

• Planewalker
Coran romance?
« on: August 07, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »
Probably not the first to ask, but is there going to be a romance component for Coran? My sister's dying for one. (although, apparently not enough to write one herself...)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Coran romance?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 03:50:22 PM »
Heh. Thank you for your interest! I'd really advise replaying BG1 NPC with Coran's excellent romance, instead. Our scoundrel is just not the type to do it all over again in BG2, it seems to me - he's much too fickle. And not a marrying type, at that.

Then again, never say never.

Lissa

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:24:29 PM »
Ahhh, you're such a tease!

Anna

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 03:48:34 AM »
I have a question related to this, sort of...if someone else wrote a Coran romance, or several, as it were, two paths to match the ones in BG1, and possibly a new path–would you be willing to code that into your mod? Because creating a whole new mod seems a bit redundant when there's already one out there, plus, coding is not my strong suit, tbh.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:27:48 PM »
Well, yeah, coding is boring, and takes time, and is rather annoying at times, which is why free coders are so rare, and which is why it's so good to learn simple .d coding yourself. I remember writing some tutorials for the tutorial section, and even an NPC mod, Branwen, that has many more details on how to code romances and such.

I coded a few mods in my time, from deArnise romance to Angelo NPC and some other things, but my schedule is a little busy right now with other things, I'm afraid.

I could try it, MAYBE, but only if 1) the dialogue was REALLY GOOD and kind of in character; 2) if the dialogue was at least partially coded in .d, like this:

// lovetalk 11

IF ~~ c11
SAY ~This is me, Coran, saying hi.~
++ ~Hello, Coran.~ + c11.1
++ ~Goodbye, Coran.~ + c11.end
END

IF ~~ c11.1
SAY ~Good talk.~
IF ~~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ c11.end
SAY ~Never mind.~
IF ~~ EXIT
END

- again, this is all already in my tutorials, please have a look. Here, for example: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,25198.0.html

This would probably be true for ANY free coder, mind. :) And if for some reason it doesn't fit and you wish to code a Coran Romance yourself, good luck with it - it's not that hard.

Anna

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 10:38:32 PM »
That's pretty much what I thought you'd say (but it never hurts to ask, in my opinion), and I really appreciate your honesty. I'm actually an IT major, so I'm not a stranger to coding–nevertheless, I am not very good at it and trying to learn a new coding language doesn't seem like something I'd be very good at. I am willing to try, though, so I'll do that. But I might be back here, who knows.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: