Author Topic: Guide/Advice for the bonded path?  (Read 4507 times)

jtav

Guide/Advice for the bonded path?
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:56:17 PM »
Hi,

Is there a guide akin to BG1NPC for the BG2 romance? Failing that, does anyone have any advice for how to pace myself on the bonded path? Anything special I should do? I got my first two lovetalks before and after rest? Is this normal?

Stellar work, by the way. Xan might be my favorite "Bioware" romance.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Guide/Advice for the bonded path?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 12:37:49 AM »
Hi! I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the lovetalks, too! And, yep, it's normal. You'll have some sequential lovetalks every hour or so, then you'll have some talks in different areas, and, of course, there's plenty of player-initiated dialogues - just explore the menu.

(Just in case: the bonded path is a continuation of Xan romance from BG1 NPC, written by me with five splendid lovetalks with Domi, so if you haven't tried it yet, I recommend it - either with EasyTutu or BGEE or BGT).

Okay, as for the guide, basically there are two paths: a happy ending and a tragic ending. Happy ending, naturally, has more content, and I recommend it. :) It's written in the readme: if you want to save Xan, just relax, play normally, and you'll have a dialogue initiated by Xan in the beginning of Chapter 6(where there will be a clear "I will save you" option - just choose to touch his moonblade). That's it.

Or, if you're a completionist and you don't want to wait until Chaper 6, again, play normally, but don't forget to check Xan's player-initiated talks in "May I talk to you?" menu(there're plenty of those). You'll eventually have an option to have a conversation about his moonblade(which may kill him if he deems his actions unjust), and about your dream about his death that you had in BG1 NPC romance. Again, you'll be given the choice to touch his moonblade and save him, taking some of the pain into yourself.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: