Author Topic: Any chance of updates to the Ascension ? Yey, apparently yes.  (Read 13184 times)

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
Any chance of updates to the Ascension ? Yey, apparently yes.
« on: November 19, 2013, 06:04:24 AM »
The topic says most... but the reason for the question is that as you well know, the BG2:EE has been out for a bit and I doubt that overwriting everything is a good solution in that game. Should you also not yet know, the BP mod has gotten some good updates lately and as the Ascension mod is part of it's content. Now the reason for the actual question is this: If it's not likely that the Ascension mod itself will be updated anytime soon to be fairly well compatible with the BG2:EE, it's likely that we might wish to vision the future of the mod and as such, an unilateral view would be good, as we should try to avoid division of the mod projects.
The invisible topic here is, should we ask DavidW to take the BP's Ascension component as the next standard for the future of SCS or not(indicating an update to this mod would be coming).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 12:59:56 PM by The Imp »

Offline Kaeloree

• Planewalker
Re: Any chance of updatesb to the Ascension ?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:32:50 PM »
There's a group of us led by Cuv updating Ascension. Hold your horses. :)

Nevrast

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:27:34 PM »
Great news :)

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »
Hold your horses. :)
Sorry, but those are gone to the winds...
Why, well, let me tell you, there's dozens sides at this, but I'll tell you about the, say 4 most unitive sides. Nope, that's not a new word... ::)
1, the moding team.
2, the BG2 players... who are not expecting this.
3. the BGII EE players.
4, the AI modders.

You might wish to make sure that the three later groups know that this is happening... not that you need to do it yet, but before it is released, not after.

Targorog

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 06:14:03 AM »
There's a group of us led by Cuv updating Ascension. Hold your horses. :)
So... any news of that project, or is this considered abandoned?
I'm very interested in an updated version of Ascension. The mod sounds very cool, but I heard of some bugs/problems associated with it, so i hesitate to use it in its current state (v1.4.24).

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: Any chance of updates to the Ascension ? Yey, apparently yes.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 04:17:31 PM »
So... any news of that project, or is this considered abandoned?
It's just on hold for probably a while longer, since most of us are being flogged into doing other tasks.

LaLaLand

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 09:41:34 PM »
Uh so any update?

Really loved this mod, and would like to play EE with ascension. But seems like it has been basically halted at this point.

If you guys are too busy with real life and other tasks, we certainly understand - but honest answer would be better than persistent silence.

Offline ithildur

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
The latest version of Big World Project's pdf file lists version 1.4.23, while weimer's website offers 1.4.24 as the latest version; I'm guessing the information in the pdf is outdated, rather than there actually being an updated version out there?

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 01:41:26 PM »
The latest version of Big World Project's pdf file lists version 1.4.23, while weimer's website offers 1.4.24 as the latest version; I'm guessing the information in the pdf is outdated, rather than there actually being an updated version out there?
The version updates from v1.4.x have all been translation related stuff, not bug fixes, so it's kinda same  if the BWP uses the v1.4.1, or v1.4.24 ... if it brings it's own translations. ... as noted in the primary components actual version flag, the component name is still ~Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)~ .

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: