Author Topic: UB version 26 available for playtesting  (Read 15361 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
UB version 26 available for playtesting
« on: March 21, 2015, 07:53:54 AM »
Thanks to Angel, we now have a brand-new version 26, available for playing(but cautiously marked with a BETA tag on our website).

No new components and quests here, but there're numerous BWP fixes and many coding changes:
- Replaced all instances of DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF and DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D with DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH.
- Used build-in WeiDU functions like ADD_SPELL_EFFECT and ALTER_EFFECT where possible.
- Replaced old style loops with GET_OFFSET_ARRAY and PHP_EACH where possible.
- Phased out the included HANDLE_CHARSETS in favor of the one shipped with WeiDU.
- No longer using ALLOW_MISSING, proper conditions and prerequisites are in place everywhere.

Get it at http://www.pocketplane.net/ub

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
Re: UB version 26 available for playtesting
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 09:27:54 AM »
I so hope I didn't introduce any new errors in there.  But if I did, I'll try to fix them asap.

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 09:11:55 AM »
Hi,
thanks again for you work. Could you take look at BiG World Fixpack\ub related changes and fixes ? Are those still valid?
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 09:24:45 AM »
Hi,
thanks again for you work. Could you take look at BiG World Fixpack\ub related changes and fixes ? Are those still valid?

The BWP fixes have been included and are no longer needed.  If I missed any, do let me know.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 10:57:13 AM »
Updated to beta2, because there are always some more fixes!

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 03:00:18 AM »
Since it's been more than a year now and my meddling with the code doesn't seem to have broken anything, the beta tag has been removed from v26.

There are some differences between v26 and v26beta2, but they are very minor:
- Updated the included WeiDU version from 238 to 239.
- Lower cased all filenames to be nice to Linux users.

Other than that there are no differences between v26 and v26beta2.

sanpats

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 01:11:07 PM »
Will there be OS X version of v26?

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 01:50:17 PM »
I don't know what is required to make an OS X version as I don't have access to that platform myself.  I know my code works on both Windows and Linux though, and there is to my knowledge no reason why it should not work on OS X as well.  But if someone can enlighten me on this subject I'd be glad to do whatever I can.

Offline agb1

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 02:23:32 PM »
Assuming you use HANDLE_AUDIO, for OSX you should include a copy of the "sox" binary in the audio_path folder [default - or specify location with sox_path].

e.g.
LAF HANDLE_AUDIO
  STR_VAR
    audio_path = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/sounds~ // folder containing ogg files to be converted to wav
    oggdec_path = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/sounds~ // folder containing oggdec.exe
    sox_path = EVAL ~%MOD_FOLDER%/bin~ // folder containing sox binary
END

Here's a direct download link for a copy of the sox binary (3.9mb):  https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-World-Fixpack/raw/master/BiG%20World%20Fixpack/Bonehillv275/_copy/sox

Aside from that, AFAIK, if it works on Linux it will work on OSX.

If you do spin a new release, please update WeiDU to v240 too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 02:26:23 PM by agb1 »

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
I'm not currently working on UB as I can't think of anything else to revise or fix in it, although I'm open to suggestions.  UB only adds one .wav file (j#bodhi.wav) and one *.tis file (wwpets.tis) and both are simply stored as-is and copied in directly, not converted from .ogg or *.tiz.

Offline agb1

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 04:32:26 PM »
You could incorporate the EET compatibility patches from here (skip the tp2 patch, it's just the VERSION line):

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-World-Fixpack/tree/master/BiG%20World%20Fixpack/ub

The Changes.txt file in _copy is a summary of changes for EET compatibility -- you don't need to include it in the package.

The _delete is just nitpicking:  you don't need to include the libiconv zip file in the package.

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »
Mm okay, I'll see what I can do, but I don't own BG2EE myself so I can't fully test it.  (I really should get an account on github sometime too.)

Come to think of it, there is actually some UB-type stuff in my personal mod (not available online), I might have a look at putting it in UB if people are interested.  It's some minor stuff like an additional golem component in the Planar Sphere quest (misc6l.itm), a third Irenicus journal in Spellhold (misc9k.itm), and a dummied-out late-game SoA quest involving missing parts of the Rynn Lanthorn (c6lens.itm and others).

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 05:03:53 AM »
Alright, here is a very quick and dirty update with the requested features (WeiDU 240 and BWP EET fixes).  I only smoke-tested it on an unmodified BG2 install on Linux, so please don't blame me if it sets your PC on fire or something.

Also, please don't use this as a permanent download location; it's just a small Raspberry Pi on a slow ADSL connection and may change to my whim. Use for testing only!

http://www.pearlgates.net/modding/UnfinishedBusiness-v27alpha.zip

Offline agb1

• Planewalker

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 04:53:44 AM »
So basically, the EET chapter fixes applied to Boo's Kidnapping.  (I like EET's style by the way, the way old BGT handles chapters kinda irks me.)  Sure, I can do that.  I'll look into it when I have some free time, probably later this week.

I'm also thinking, perhaps it's time to start a new topic for v27?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: