Author Topic: BG1UB - EE compatible version - [Updated 2016-04-12]  (Read 55004 times)

Exalya

Re: BG1UB - EE compatible version - [Updated 2015-07-18]
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 01:07:58 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for your compatibility upgrade for BGEE. The latest version (14 beta 150718) have some trouble during installation, every coponent fail to install, the debug file ask a proper BG, BGT or TUTU version.

Every thing is fine with the previous version ( 14 beta 150715)

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2015, 07:08:17 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for your compatibility upgrade for BGEE. The latest version (14 beta 150718) have some trouble during installation, every coponent fail to install, the debug file ask a proper BG, BGT or TUTU version.

Every thing is fine with the previous version ( 14 beta 150715)

Can you send me a copy of your SETUP-BG1UB.DEBUG file?

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »
Hello :) Small installation issue with the spanish BG1UB latest beta - link

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2015, 12:54:17 AM »
Hello!

I am reporting a problem: the restored movie for the elfsong tavern never starts. The Area Variable is correctly set to 1 but the StartMovie action doesn't work.

I think this tutorial might explain why: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=18468.0

It seems the game needs to read the movie file from a .bif otherwise it won't appear.

I am running it on BGT.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Yes, after following the tutorial, I biffed the movie into the game and it plays regularly.

Code: [Select]
/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\/////\\\\\
/////
/////Restored Elfsong Tavern Movie
/////movie by Sams, code by AstroBryGuy
BEGIN @4100 /* ~Restored Elfsong Tavern Movie~ */
REQUIRE_PREDICATE (!GAME_IS ~bgee~) @4101 // Unavailable for BGEE
FORBID_FILE ~data/JA#TAVER.MVE~ @90004

/* Edit Elfsong area script */
<<<<<<<< .../bg1ub/ub_ar0705tv.baf
IF
Global("UBEnteredElfSong","%EBaldursGate_ElfsongTavern_L1%",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartMovie("UBTAVERN")
SetGlobal("UBEnteredElfSong","%EBaldursGate_ElfsongTavern_L1%",1)
Continue()
END
>>>>>>>>

LAF extend_area_script STR_VAR area="%EBaldursGate_ElfsongTavern_L1%" bottom=".../bg1ub/ub_ar0705tv.baf" END

/* Biff movie file */

AT_INTERACTIVE_NOW ~bg1ub/bg1ubmov_in.bat~

AT_UNINSTALL ~bg1ub/bg1ubmov_un.bat~

It needs the two .bat files in the bg1ub folder
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:57:16 PM by Salk »

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2015, 07:27:38 PM »
Thanks. Good to know.

The code needs an OS check, since .bat files are Windows-only. I'll have to see about adapting the bat files to shell scripts for OSX and Linux.

EDIT: Checking the WeiDU Documentation, it says regarding the -make-biff command line option:

–make-biff X   Create data/X.bif from all files in folder X and destructively update CHITIN.KEY. Do not use this feature. Use MAKE_BIFF instead.

I'll take a look at using the MAKE_BIFF WeiDU command instead of the .bat files. That should also be platform-neutral.

EDIT2: I think it should just be the following code (and commenting out the COPY command):

/* Install movie file (must be added as .bif) */
MAKE_BIFF UBTAVERN BEGIN ~bg1ub/tavern/ubtavern.mve~ END

I'll break out my BG1-TotSC install to test it.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2015, 10:46:25 PM »
Great!

Thanks! :)

Offline Tash

• Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2015, 02:29:24 PM »
Hello!

I am reporting a problem: the restored movie for the elfsong tavern never starts. The Area Variable is correctly set to 1 but the StartMovie action doesn't work.

(...)

In the original BG1+TotSC, the movie crashes the game as soon as you try to enter the tavern. I'd had my override biffed with GeneralizedBiffing before starting the game. I had to edit the ini as a workaround, but I never got to see Sam.'s work.  :-\

I've also noticed that the bartender in Low Lantern functions as an item store, instead of a bar, so you can't buy anything and it's useless.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2015, 06:04:35 PM »
In the original BG1+TotSC, the movie crashes the game as soon as you try to enter the tavern. I'd had my override biffed with GeneralizedBiffing before starting the game. I had to edit the ini as a workaround, but I never got to see Sam.'s work.  :-\

I've also noticed that the bartender in Low Lantern functions as an item store, instead of a bar, so you can't buy anything and it's useless.

I have tested the above code to work without problem on a BGT installation. I am sorry I cannot verify whether or not it'd function properly on a the original BG1 + TotSC.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2015, 06:10:35 PM »
AstroBryGuy,

something peculiar happened in my BGT game. I was back in Candlekeep and I meet there Feldane. The initial meeting sound is wrong. I hear the ""My hubby don't want me talking to no strangers." instead of the correct "Our library is a man's harem of knowledge.".

What is weird is that I had to decompress the .SAV file of my saved game to see this because FELDAN.CRE has the right sound association: using the console to create FELDAN.CRE anywhere (including Candlekeep where I meet him) plays the correct soundset.

Any idea what might cause the ingame encounter to have the wrong one?

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2015, 09:05:43 PM »
Salk,

So, the FELDAN.CRE in your saved game has the INITIAL_MEETING sound set to string 4902, but the CRE in the override has the correct one? Very odd. Can you send me the save game? It might be useful (not sure...).

Tash,

Maybe it needs to be in a movies-only BIF file rather than a general BIF. Sorry about that. If you have NearInfinity or DLTCEP, you can edit AR0705.BCS to disable or remove the block that plays the movie.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2015, 01:20:17 AM »
Salk,

So, the FELDAN.CRE in your saved game has the INITIAL_MEETING sound set to string 4902, but the CRE in the override has the correct one? Very odd. Can you send me the save game? It might be useful (not sure...).

FELDAN.CRE in my BGT game has the INITIAL_MEETING actually set to 104250 ("Our library is a man's harem of knowledge.") and so is SELECT_COMMON1. SELECT_COMMON2, SELECT_RARE1 and SELECT_RARE2 have string 104251 and is also correct ("Excuse me but I am late for my classes."). The same line ("Excuse me but I am late for my classes.") is associated to SELECT_ACTION4 and SELECT_ACTION5 but this time the string set is 4984.

In the saved gamem instead, the INITIAL_MEETING sound for FELDAN.CRE is set to string 104247 and so is the SELECT_COMMON1. SELECT_COMMON2, SELECT_RARE1 and SELECT_RARE2 have the equally wrong "I've no time fer ta talk to ye now." (string 104248). Only SELECT_ACTION4 and SELECT_ACTION5 have the right one ("Excuse me but I am late for my classes"), that is string 4984.

At this link the saved game file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_1X7K5KtOcbnJGMlZpWlZJZzg/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:28:45 AM by Salk »

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2015, 08:52:25 AM »
Salk,

FELDAN.CRE in my BGT game has the INITIAL_MEETING actually set to 104250 ("Our library is a man's harem of knowledge.") and so is SELECT_COMMON1. SELECT_COMMON2, SELECT_RARE1 and SELECT_RARE2 have string 104251 and is also correct ("Excuse me but I am late for my classes."). The same line ("Excuse me but I am late for my classes.") is associated to SELECT_ACTION4 and SELECT_ACTION5 but this time the string set is 4984.

In the saved gamem instead, the INITIAL_MEETING sound for FELDAN.CRE is set to string 104247 and so is the SELECT_COMMON1. SELECT_COMMON2, SELECT_RARE1 and SELECT_RARE2 have the equally wrong "I've no time fer ta talk to ye now." (string 104248). Only SELECT_ACTION4 and SELECT_ACTION5 have the right one ("Excuse me but I am late for my classes"), that is string 4984.

At this link the saved game file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9_1X7K5KtOcbnJGMlZpWlZJZzg/view?usp=sharing

Is this save game from a previous or a different installation, e.g., is it an old save game or from a test installation (I personally have multiple installations for mod development/testing)?

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2015, 12:57:29 PM »
Is this save game from a previous or a different installation, e.g., is it an old save game or from a test installation (I personally have multiple installations for mod development/testing)?

No, it's from the current installation. The one I am playing through the game with.

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2015, 02:04:01 PM »
Hi,
Big BGT installation:

error when installing "restore minor dialogues"
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ia9JkU3b
[./override/ar6111.are] loaded, 2776 bytes
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
ERROR: error loading [/bg1ub/dialogues/ublahl.d]
ERROR: compiling [/bg1ub/dialogues/ublahl.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Przywrocenie pomniejszych dialogow], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [bg1ub/backup/19/OTHER.19]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bg1ub/backup/19/OTHER.19")
[bg1ub/backup/19/UNSETSTR.19] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

BG1ToSC:
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Przywrocenie pomniejszych dialogow
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=CRgXRdW7
Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games
Modder's Guide to Github - you cannot have progress without committing changes

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »
Hello,

I've got some fixes for these issues. I don't have a BGT or BG1 install, so let me know if they work.

1. Dialogs: Fixed a bad path for ublahl.d
2. Mal-Kalen: ReallyForceSpellRES undefined for BG1:TotSC (?). So, use ForceSpellRES instead, which is already added to ACTION.IDS.
3. Svlast: FaceObject() action not supported in BG1:TotSC. Creating workaround from suggestion by devSin to use "spell that does nothing" to force actor to face object. On BG2-engine platforms, still use FaceObject().

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/archive/master.zip

Thanks!
AstroBryGuy

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »
Hi, BG1:EE, BGT - no errors
Clean BG1TotSC - different errors http://pastebin.com/N8KXceqx

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2015, 09:24:29 PM »
Apparently, BG1:TotSC's ACTION.IDS doesn't like "Dialog()" and "StartDialogNoSet()". It wants Dialogue() and StartDialogueNoSet() (despite the former being listed on the BG1 Actions page at IESDP). Sigh.

Fixed on the GitHub repo. If this works on BG1, I'll update the release.

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/archive/master.zip

Offline AL|EN

• Planewalker
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2015, 09:22:53 AM »
Newest version install without problems. Thanks!

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »
BG1UB v14.0 beta 2015-11-27 is available.

http://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases/tag/v14.0_beta_151127

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/archive/v14.0_beta_151127.zip (direct link to zip file)

Changes in v14.0 beta 20151127
* Scar's quest fix for BGEE
* Mal-Kalen & Svlast encounter journal entry updates
* Tweaks for restored Unshey dialog
* Fixes for Svlast & Mal-Kalen encounter on BG1:TotSC
* Bugfix for Lahl dialog corrections on BGT, Tutu, BG1:TotSC

Changes in v14.0 beta 20151114
* New Component: Svlast the Fallen Paladin
* New Component: Mal-Kalen the Ulcaster Revenant
* Fix for Tavern Movie component
* Updates for Lahl's dialog (Thanks to Salk!)
* Dialog restorations for Unshey (Thanks to Salk!)

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
Re: BG1UB - EE compatible version - [Updated 2015-11-27]
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2015, 03:37:40 AM »
Thanks for this new update, AstroBryGuy!

Much appreciated! ;)

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2015, 03:26:46 AM »
This looks interesting indeed. And just when I was about to start a new BGT game.  <3

Now if only I could decide what class to play this time... ^^

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2015, 12:21:51 AM »
AstroBryGuy,

a minor issue: something in oublek.d is duplicating some actions in my BGT game:

AddexperienceParty(400)
GiveGoldForce(300)
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL") // Emerald
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeR") // Emerald
EraseJournalEntry(89964) // Prism, the emerald thief.  What a fool that Prism is. He really believed my denial in knowing anything about the loss of those emeralds. Oh well... Loss for him. Profit for me.
EraseJournalEntry(89942) // Prism, the emerald thief.  Perhaps it was wrong, but after allowing Prism to complete his 'final masterpiece' I've taken one of the emeralds out of the statue's eyes. It should bring a hefty price at the right place or a decent reward...
EraseJournalEntry(89943) // Prism, the emerald thief.  After a bit of hard work, I finally removed the second emerald which Prism had stolen to use in one of the eyes of his 'final masterpiece'.
EraseJournalEntry(89945) // Prism, the emerald thief.  One emerald turned in for 150 gold bounty. I can get the other half of the bounty if I can bring in the other emerald. It has to be somewhere near where I picked the last one up.
EraseJournalEntry(89949) // Prism, the emerald thief.  Only half of a reduced reward for turning in one of Prism's emeralds. A measly 75 gold. Should I get the other emerald it might be prudent to check with some merchants before claiming the bounty.
EraseJournalEntry(89955) // Prism, the emerald thief.  I managed to take some emeralds that the sculptor Prism was using as eyes in a statue. However, he had noticed me. I was forced to put him out of his misery after he lunged at me with a chisel.
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeL") // Emerald
TakePartyItem("abgfEyeR") // Emerald
EraseJournalEntry(89964) // Prism, the emerald thief.  What a fool that Prism is. He really believed my denial in knowing anything about the loss of those emeralds. Oh well... Loss for him. Profit for me.
EraseJournalEntry(89942) // Prism, the emerald thief.  Perhaps it was wrong, but after allowing Prism to complete his 'final masterpiece' I've taken one of the emeralds out of the statue's eyes. It should bring a hefty price at the right place or a decent reward...
EraseJournalEntry(89943) // Prism, the emerald thief.  After a bit of hard work, I finally removed the second emerald which Prism had stolen to use in one of the eyes of his 'final masterpiece'.
EraseJournalEntry(89945) // Prism, the emerald thief.  One emerald turned in for 150 gold bounty. I can get the other half of the bounty if I can bring in the other emerald. It has to be somewhere near where I picked the last one up.
EraseJournalEntry(89949) // Prism, the emerald thief.  Only half of a reduced reward for turning in one of Prism's emeralds. A measly 75 gold. Should I get the other emerald it might be prudent to check with some merchants before claiming the bounty.
EraseJournalEntry(89955) // Prism, the emerald thief.  I managed to take some emeralds that the sculptor Prism was using as eyes in a statue. However, he had noticed me. I was forced to put him out of his misery after he lunged at me with a chisel.
SetGlobal("OublekBounty2","GLOBAL",1)
EraseJournalEntry(74479) // Prism, the emerald thief.  A local artist named Prism has stolen some emeralds. There is a large reward for the return of the gems.
EraseJournalEntry(83376) // Prism, the emerald thief.  Prism's story was a sad tale indeed. A shame it could not have had a better ending. At least he completed what he felt he must. A happy result, of a sort.
EraseJournalEntry(74656) // Prism, the emerald thief.  A Nashkel sculptor by the name of Prism is the talk of the town. Intensely driven, they say. He has not been seen for nigh unto a month.
EraseJournalEntry(74657) // Prism, the emerald thief.  A trip to Evereska has changed young Prism somehow.
EraseJournalEntry(74658) // Prism, the emerald thief.  Prism is extremely prolific, as though he carves at unnatural speeds.
EraseJournalEntry(74675) // Prism, the emerald thief.  A Nashkel sculptor has apparently absconded with a large amount of an investors money. I shall keep a lookout, and perhaps there will be a reward for his retrieval.

As consequence, when I return the Emeralds, the message windows displays the "Take party item" message four times.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2015, 02:42:51 AM »
@Salk, have you --change-log'ed the oublek.d -file ?
Aka, run a .bat that has this code in it:
mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log oublek.dlk >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log
And then look at the files in the change-log folder with Near Infinity, as you can do this to the .d files.

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2015, 08:27:41 AM »
@Salk - I think I see the problem... I looked at a Tutu OUBLEK.D pre-BG1UB (sorry, don't have a BGT install). If you could send me the pre-BG1UB OUBLEK.DLG file, I can review it to make sure it's the same issue.

Some of the dialog actions have the following actions:

TakePartyItem("MISC43")
TakePartyItem("MISC43")

The Prism Emeralds component does a REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT on TakePartyItem("MISC43") to replace that with the action to take both unique emeralds and erase all the new journal entries. So, that's going to duplicate the actions.

I think there are a few states where only one TakePartyItem("MISC43") action exists. So maybe first do a REPLACE_ACTION_TEXT on ~TakePartyItem("MISC43") TakePartyItem("MISC43")~ and then on a single ~TakePartyItem("MISC43")~.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: