Author Topic: BG1UB v14  (Read 6931 times)

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
BG1UB v14
« on: May 17, 2016, 09:06:20 PM »
Hello all,

BG1UB v14 is (finally) out of "beta" status!  ;D

Until the official download page (http://www.pocketplane.net/bg1ub) is updated, you can download Windows and OSX packages from my GitHub site:

https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/bg1ub/releases/tag/v14.0

Main highlights of v14:

• BGEE compatibility
  • New Components
    • Nim Furlwing Encounter
    • Restored Elfsong Tavern Movie
    • Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter
    • Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost
  • For a full list of changes, see below...

Code: [Select]
Version 14 CHANGES
    * General Updates for BGEE Compatibility: Replace FILE_EXISTS checks to GAME_IS checks where appropriate. Add BGEE variables to getcpmvara/getcpmvarp calls.
    * Update to WeiDU v237, Windows and OS X binaries
    * Added UTF-8 support for BGEE via HANDLE_CHARSETS - Add iconv Windows binary for character set conversion. Redefine %LANGUAGE% variables to NOT include the tra directory, e.g., "english" instead of "tra/english". Changing %LANGUAGE% variables to lowercase to allow character set to be inferred.
    * Updating OSX sox binary to v14.4.0 (Intel CPU).
    * Updating lib files for BGEE compatibility - Adding g3_bgee_cpmvars.tpa. Updating rr_tutubgt_addvars.tpa for BGEE, rename rr_tutubgtbgee_addvars.tpa
    * TRA File Updates: Moving game content that uses Windows encoding to a separate file, bg1ub.tra. Setup.tra now only contains install text. This is done so that setup.tra can be excluded from UTF-8 conversion by HANDLE_CHARSETS.
    * Ice Island - Moving "tis" subdirectory to "tiz" to work with WeiDU function HANDLE_TILESETS. Moving tisunpack binaries to win32 and osx subdirectories of tiz. Also, renaming ar1010.tiz to ub1010.tiz for unpacking, since it will now unpack to the override directory. Changes to .tp2 file will rename ub1010.tis to the appropriate name after unpacking. BGEE has copies of AR1010 .wed and .bmp files, don't copy these files for BGEE.
    * Blocking the following components from installing on BGEE:
      * Additional Elminster Encounter
      * Angelo Notices Shar-teel
      * Safana the Flirt
      * Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward
      * Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements
      * Audio Restorations
      * Area Corrections and Restorations
      * Permanent Corpses
      * Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance
      * The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections
      * Sarevok's Diary Corrections
    * Kivan & Tazok - Change KIVANJ reference in ubkivan.d to %KIVAN_JOINED% for compatibility.
    * BGEE: Creature Restorations - Created BGEE version of ubcorian.cre.
    * Kagain's Caravan - Update DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF to DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH. BGEE compatibility updates. Kagain's quest journal entry was not being removed in BGEE. Copied file bgKAGAIJ.d to bgeeKAGAIJ.d and added a block to remove journal entry.
    * BGEE: Coran & Wyverns - Skip IKCoranWyvernFix for BGEE (already included as DXCoran)
    * BGEE: Place Entar Silvershield in His Home - Add BGEE variable for AR0101 to getcpmvara call
    * BGEE: Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter - Skip ubscar_fixes.d - not needed for BGEE
    * BGEE: Quoningar, the Cleric - ADD_JOURNAL command to add quest journal entries for BGEE. Created BGEE version ubquon.cre.
    * Shilo Chen and the Ogre Magi - Shilo Chen says the Ogre Magi are in the southwest corner of the Wood of Sharp Teeth. However, the Ogre Magi are found on the Bandit Camp map, which is at the north end of the Wood. Moving them to Larswood, which is the southwest part of the Wood. (BGEE) ADD_JOURNAL to add quest journal entries for BGEE. Created BGEE version of ubglove1.itm.
    * BGEE: Edie, the Merchant League Applicant - ADD_JOURNAL for quest journal entries in BGEE.
    * BGEE: Creature Corrections - Replace DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF and DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D blocks with DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH blocks. Skip fixes due to CamDawg's Inventory Checker - already included in BGEE.
    * BGEE: Creature Name Corrections - Skip Beresh fixes - already in BGEE.
    * Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations - Add comments to indicate sections of component. Move ubba0133.dlg creation into Bartender Fixes section. Move Maltz' Weapon Shop and Unused General Store fixes into "Inn, Tavern, Store name restorations" section. (BGEE only) Block sections already implemented in BGEE. Add BGEE version of ubstores.d.
    * Item Corrections and Restorations - Add BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES to item edit blocks. Updating item charges for ADD_STORE_ITEM: #1 #0 #0 for scrolls and bolts of polymorph, #0 #0 #0 for armor, helms, belts, bracers, etc.. (BGEE Only) Give Corsone "The Root of the Problem" since Amarande already has Mighty Oak +2 in BGEE. Updated Bala's Axe description for BGEE.
    * Audio Restorations: Moving .ogg files out of "tra" directory and into new "audio" directory. Update audio handling to built-in WeiDU function HANDLE_AUDIO.
    * Prism and the Emeralds - Add BGEE variable declaration: rr_bgee_addvars.tpa. ADD_JOURNAL for quest journal entries on BGEE. Move dialog to UBPRISM.D.
    * Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building - BGEE compatibility updates.
    * Fix for TazokSays script blocks in AR2400.BCS and AR2900.BCS in BGEE.
    * Incorporating %FACE% variables to all CreateCreature strings for compatibility with BG1 (without TotSC).
    * Adding new component for BG1UB v14: Restore Nim Furlwing Encounter. Note: .tra files are temporarily updated with English text until translations can be provided.
    * Adding new component for BG1UB: Restored Elfsong Tavern movie. Thanks to Sams for the UBTAVERN.MVE file with soundtrack. Note: This component is only for BG1, Tutu, and BGT. BGEE users who want this movie should install Sams' BG:EE Classic Movies mod.
    * Adding new component for BG1UB: Svlast, the Fallen Paladin.
    * Adding new component for BG1UB: Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost.
    * Restoring cut dialog for Unshey regarding Girdle of Gender Bending (Minor Dialogs Component).
    * Fixes for Lahl's dialog: TotSC, BGT, Tutu ONLY: Lahl's dialogs are random, rework the dialogs into a tree (already fixed in BGEE) - added to Minor Dialogs Component.
    * Updates to Ice Island Level 2: Give Dezkiel some additional defenses, including Snow Golems.
    * Fix for duplicated actions in OUBLEK.D - Prism and the Emeralds component
    * Prevent Coran Wyvern Quest component from installing on BGEEv2/SoD.
    * Updated French Translation - thanks Isaya!
    * Updated Italian Translation - thanks Aedan!
    * Added extra_tmp_ee.tra with BGEE Dialog.tlk strings

Now, on to v15... ;-)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: BG1UB v14
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 11:50:45 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:15:28 AM »
Yeah, thank you!
Are the french .tra files totally updated? I know Isaya tried to translate all the .tra files on github...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:53:22 AM by Graoumf »

Offline Aedan

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:10:33 AM »
Thank you so much!

Offline AstroBryGuy

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 09:25:07 PM »
Yeah, thank you!
Are the french .tra files totally updated? I know Isaya tried to translate all the .tra files on github...

Yes, french is updated. Many thanks to Isaya!

The only .tra file that is English-only is extra_tmp_ee.tra. extra_tmp.tra is just dialog.tlk lines that BG1UB uses. I went through and checked each string reference, updating it for BGEE. I was going to do the same for other languages (since I have all the EE dialog.tlk files), but I've realized that most of the lines in that file are only ever used by routines that run on Tutu/BGT installs (in other words, I wasted a few hours of my time).

So, I need to pare the file down to lines that 1) are used on BGEE installs and 2) are changed from the original BG1 dialog.tlk. Once I've done that legwork (which I should have done BEFORE I started my quixotic quest), I'll assemble versions of the file in languages other than English. But, at this point, I don't want anyone else wasting their time looking up string references that will never be used on EE installs.

There are translations needed for Spanish, German, Polish, and Russian (German and Polish have some of the new lines already translated). I posted details in the Translation thread.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 07:13:29 AM »
Congratulations and thanks for this release, AstroBryGuy! ;)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: