Author Topic: WeiDU 237 released  (Read 10675 times)

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: WeiDU 237 released
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 03:10:38 PM »
It's harmless, as demonstrated by the fact it's existed since forever (the empty action DO bug). But I'll fix it all the same, because it's a ridiculous.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:45:42 PM by Wisp »

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »
Thanks Wisp!

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »
Actually, I'll get back to you. The DLG produced by WeiDU is structurally valid. This can equally well be a false positive by NI, but it's bed time now. Edit: the issue remains ridiculous. regardless.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:01:38 PM by Wisp »

Offline Argent77

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
It looks like all of the affected DLG files contain one or more script structures (i.e. state trigger, transition trigger or action table structures) with their "Length" field set to 0. The DLG format definition in IESDP is open to interpretation in this matter, so I'm not sure if these are valid structures or not.
Near Infinity is treating these cases as invalid and I haven't found a DLG file affected by this issue in any unmodded game yet. On the other hand, the games don't seem to crash or behave unusual when triggering the affected dialogs. I can try to add a fix or work-around in Near Infinity, but I don't know if or when I'll be successful as it touches a fundamental design aspect of NI. Maybe WeiDU's dialog compiler can be changed to preserve empty script structures by adding a single newline or space character.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 11:04:27 AM »
Next WeiDU will output DLGs as monotonically increasing structures, which satisfies both NI's assumptions as well as backward compatibility.

Offline Galactygon

• Modding since 2002
  • Planewalker
  • Creator of spells
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 02:43:46 AM »
The "problem" is that WeiDU lists available game languages in alphabetical order which places German (de_DE) on first position. Many times people unconsciously press "0" if they want to select english. I've almost fallen for this as well when I tested my mod with one of the WeiDU betas.

One possible solution might be to fetch the game language from the baldur.ini (or use english by default if this entry doesn't exist) and put it on first position in the game language selection.

I have had this issue as well (with v238) that I press 0 by reflex when the language dialogue comes up, so I had to manually modify the wiedu.conf file as I was getting strange <invalid reference>s when installing mods.

Another possible solution is to switch to using letters (ie "e" for english, "d" for german, etc.) instead to force the user to read through the text.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
I am working on making this menu obsolete.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: