Author Topic: WeiDU 237 released  (Read 10673 times)

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
WeiDU 237 released
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:18:34 AM »
WeiDU v237.00 "Something about the lateness" has been released.

Download for Windows
Download for GNU/Linux
Download for OS X
Download the source code
Change log
Readme

An OS X build will be up when it's compiled. The only changes since v236.04 are two bugfixes to ADD_AREA_REGION and fj_are_structure. Come to think of it, the former is not mentioned in the change-log, my bad (but it enables an advertised but previously non-functional feature).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 01:50:03 PM by Wisp »

Offline CrevsDaak

• big kid lil' orc
  • Planewalker
  • duuuh graah
Re: WeiDU 237 released
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:20:27 PM »

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 01:49:23 PM »
Uploaded. Thanks.

Offline subtledoctor

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:02:08 AM »
Bug report:  FYI, when I try to install mods on IWDEE with Mac Weidu v237, it seems to fail updating dialog.tlk. Any new strings just show "INVALID: 40286" and such. The 236.04 beta worked better... but it didn't support "GAME_IS ~iwdee~"

So I'm on the horns of a dilemma over which to use, but my mods requires both of those features! These horns are uncomfortable!

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, IWD:EE via GOG, Weidu 237.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:54:46 PM »
Make sure WeiDU and the game are configured to use the same TLK(s). WeiDU will print which TLK(s) is used during installation (you can find the info in your debug file).

Offline subtledoctor

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »
Whoops! Somehow Weidu was "using language: English" but installed itself pointing to the German .tlk.

No bug here after all, good job guys!

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 06:01:22 AM »
The OS X build has been updated with statically linked versions of TISPack and MosPack, courtesy of StefanO.

Offline subtledoctor

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 01:09:31 PM »
Okay, I'm going to tentatively revive my bug report after all. After reading Wisp's post over at G3:
For whatever reason, it seems to be unusally common for people to install their mods in the wrong language on IWD: EE.

...and after seeing other similar reports like this:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/579833/#Comment_579833

... I think that v237 is somehow defaulting to using German, or perhaps just defaulting to a different language than the one already chosen by the user when a weidu.conf has already been generated by an earlier version of Weidu. Easy enough to fix once you know what the problem is, but it's tripping up some users. FYI.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:10:57 PM by subtledoctor »

Offline Argent77

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 02:27:19 PM »
The "problem" is that WeiDU lists available game languages in alphabetical order which places German (de_DE) on first position. Many times people unconsciously press "0" if they want to select english. I've almost fallen for this as well when I tested my mod with one of the WeiDU betas.

One possible solution might be to fetch the game language from the baldur.ini (or use english by default if this entry doesn't exist) and put it on first position in the game language selection.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:29:21 PM by Argent77 »

Offline subtledoctor

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
It wasn't a case of mistakenly pressing zero. What happened to me was, I had installed/uninstalled a bunch of stuff with Weidu v236, testing various versions of my own mod. I had chosen English as my language and it was using the English dialog.tlk. 

Later, I simply deleted Weidu (I'm using OS X and keep a single copy of Mac Weidu, with various symlinks called "setup-modname" to install mods) ... deleted Weidu and replaced the file with the v236.04 beta. Installed/uninstalled a bunch of stuff, it all worked fine.

Then I once again deleted the file, and replaced it with v237, changing nothing else, and it started using the German dialog.tlk rather than the English one. I deleted weidu.conf, weidu.debug, weidu.log, and all symlinks and .log/.debug files associated with my mods, and upon running Weidu again it asked me for my language and I chose English.

Somehow replacing the file caused it to switch the language it was using. I don't know why, but a few people have had the same problem.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:57:48 PM by subtledoctor »

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 03:22:20 PM »
Can you reproduce? Can you check weidu.conf at regular intervals while you are doing so? When does it switch to "lang_dir = de_de" over whatever you had in there before?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:23:19 PM by Wisp »

Offline subtledoctor

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 03:45:34 PM »
I still have the older versions, I'll clean out my install, try to reproduce it, and report back.

Offline khelban12

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 03:03:50 PM »
Greetings.

Has anyone tried Weidu-237 for linux ? I didn't have any problems with 236 but i since i was doing a new bg2 installation i thought i should upgrade. I noticed two problems.

a) The amd64 version of weinstall segfaults on my box (the i386 one works ok)

b) tolower (both amd64 and i386 versions) instead of running recursively, only lowercases the first level of files. I ran tolower in the Big World Fixpack directory and while all the directories were correctly modified, none of the files within were modified.

Maybe there is something wrong with my linux setup but everything works correctly with 236 that is why i am posting. Has anyone else noticed any problems with the 237 linux build ?

Thank you for your time.

Offline EiriktheScald

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
I'd like to make weidu available for mac users through macports. As I understand it, elkhound and ocaml are dependencies to build weidu. Ocaml is already available. I tried building elkhound on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) but it fails with bison 3 (something to do with the bison headers). I know the weidu source provides a pre-compiled elkhound, but the makefile for elkhound references bison 1.xx which is very old. For a macports distribution I would also need to provide a port for elkhound that can compile from source.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »
What version and bitness of which distribution are you using?

b) tolower (both amd64 and i386 versions) instead of running recursively, only lowercases the first level of files. I ran tolower in the Big World Fixpack directory and while all the directories were correctly modified, none of the files within were modified.
Will fix. One of the recent optimisations broke the recursive descent.

Offline khelban12

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 04:14:54 AM »
What version and bitness of which distribution are you using?
I use Slackware64-current (kernel 3.18.0, binutils 2.24.51.0.3, glibc 2.20).

If it helps you,  dmesg mentions "error 14" as the cause for the segmentation fault
which according to arch/x86/mm/fault.c means "user-mode write (with reserved bit) that couldn't find a page".

All the amd64 binaries use GNU/Linux ABI whereas weinstall uses SYSV (though this shouldn't be a problem)
and all of them have no section headers except weinstall which has 2 section headers.

You can get this info by using the "file" utility or better by using "readelf" but i don't know if they help you
to identify the problem.

Will fix. One of the recent optimisations broke the recursive descent.

Thank you for taking the time to look at it.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 02:26:36 PM »
I use Slackware64-current (kernel 3.18.0, binutils 2.24.51.0.3, glibc 2.20).

If it helps you,  dmesg mentions "error 14" as the cause for the segmentation fault
which according to arch/x86/mm/fault.c means "user-mode write (with reserved bit) that couldn't find a page".

All the amd64 binaries use GNU/Linux ABI whereas weinstall uses SYSV (though this shouldn't be a problem)
and all of them have no section headers except weinstall which has 2 section headers.

You can get this info by using the "file" utility or better by using "readelf" but i don't know if they help you
to identify the problem.
All I can suggest is that you try compiling from source. However, bitness makes no practical difference for weinstall, so if the 32-bit version works, you may just as well use that.

Offline khelban12

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 03:28:55 PM »
All I can suggest is that you try compiling from source. However, bitness makes no practical difference for weinstall, so if the 32-bit version works, you may just as well use that.

Yes i use the 32bit binary now and it works fine that is why i didn't try to compile it from source. I will keep the 32bit binary (and tolower from 236) and upgrade everything to 238 when it is released.

Thank you.

In.eth

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 09:40:01 PM »
I can't get it to work with IWD:EE on 64bit Linux...

The amd64 build of weinstall doesn't even run (apparently a segfault).

The i386 build runs, but curiously reports its version as 23600 and doesn't find the game's dialog.tk file:

Code: [Select]
$ weinstall bg2_tweaks
weidu --log setup-bg2_tweaks.debug  bg2_tweaks.tp2 setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2 bg2_tweaks/bg2_tweaks.tp2 bg2_tweaks/setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2
[weidu] WeiDU version 23600

ERROR: Unable to find DIALOG.TLK in:
        ./^dialog\.tlk$

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find DIALOG.TLK")

And explicitly specifying it does not seem to work either:

$ weinstall --use-lang en_US bg2_tweaks
weidu --log setup---use-lang.debug  --use-lang.tp2 setup---use-lang.tp2 --use-lang/--use-lang.tp2 --use-lang/setup---use-lang.tp2  en_US  bg2_tweaks
weidu: unknown option `--use-lang.tp2'.
                WeiDU (version 23600: "Your daily WTF")

usage: WeiDU [options] BAF,BCS,D,DLG,TRA,TP,TP2-files

$ weinstall --tlkin ./lang/en_US/dialog.tlk bg2_tweaks
weidu --log setup---tlkin.debug  --tlkin.tp2 setup---tlkin.tp2 --tlkin/--tlkin.tp2 --tlkin/setup---tlkin.tp2  ./lang/en_US/dialog.tlk  bg2_tweaks
weidu: unknown option `--tlkin.tp2'.

In.eth

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 10:26:02 PM »
UPDATE: I managed to compile it from source, so now I have a 64bit weinstall that doesn't segfault and that reports its version as "23700". However, it still can't find the dialog.tlk, even when running weidu directly:

$ weidu --use-lang en_US bg2_tweaks/setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2
[weidu] WeiDU version 23700
[./chitin.key] 165 BIFFs, 37105 resources

./^dialog\.tlk$

Offline CrevsDaak

• big kid lil' orc
  • Planewalker
  • duuuh graah
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »
UPDATE: I managed to compile it from source, so now I have a 64bit weinstall that doesn't segfault and that reports its version as "23700". However, it still can't find the dialog.tlk, even when running weidu directly:

$ weidu --use-lang en_US bg2_tweaks/setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2
[weidu] WeiDU version 23700
[./chitin.key] 165 BIFFs, 37105 resources

./^dialog\.tlk$

I can't get it to work with IWD:EE on 64bit Linux...

The i386 build runs, but curiously reports its version as 23600 and doesn't find the game's dialog.tk file:

$ weinstall bg2_tweaks
weidu --log setup-bg2_tweaks.debug  bg2_tweaks.tp2 setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2 bg2_tweaks/bg2_tweaks.tp2 bg2_tweaks/setup-bg2_tweaks.tp2

./^dialog\.tlk$

And explicitly specifying it does not seem to work either:

$ weinstall --use-lang en_US bg2_tweaks
weidu --log setup---use-lang.debug  --use-lang.tp2 setup---use-lang.tp2 --use-lang/--use-lang.tp2 --use-lang/setup---use-lang.tp2  en_US  bg2_tweaks
weidu: unknown option `--use-lang.tp2'.

$ weinstall --tlkin ./lang/en_US/dialog.tlk bg2_tweaks
weidu --log setup---tlkin.debug  --tlkin.tp2 setup---tlkin.tp2 --tlkin/--tlkin.tp2 --tlkin/setup---tlkin.tp2  ./lang/en_US/dialog.tlk  bg2_tweaks
weidu: unknown option `--tlkin.tp2'.

Actually you're misplacing the options on weinstall without having specified a path for the .tlk. And when you ran WeiDU to set the language don't add any other parameters, because it won't make the --use-lang work that way. Also be sure you're in the path the contain the CHITIN.KEY file.
I would recommend doing this:
$ weidu --use-lang en_US
$ weinstall bg2_tweaks.tp2

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 05:17:53 AM »
Which version of what distribution are you using?

The i386 build runs, but curiously reports its version as 23600
That'd be because the 32-bit version you are using is v236. I have verified that the 32-bit build being distributed in the 237 package is actually v237, so kindly make sure you haven't made a mistake on your end. (As you may or may not know, IWD: EE is only properly supported by 237 and greater).

Offline koteko

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 01:41:31 PM »
On Linux Mint 17.1 (equal to Ubuntu Trusty 14.04) I can confirm the amd64 binary returns is killed by SIGKILL immediately.

On all the binaries, that's the only one to fail. Using i386 is fine. *Might* have been caused by the fact that the PC it was compiled on had the following kernel value set to a non-default value:

http://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR.html

Can be checked easily:

$ cat /proc/sys/vm/mmap_min_addr

That's the most common value I think. Might be worth to give it a try, Wisp (if it's you to compile the Linux version). But I'm just guessing.

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »
Well, I suppose it is possible Debian Wheezy runs with a non-standard value. However, that system is sitting on my shelf at this time and I have no particular plans on hooking the drive back up (so I won't be checking). It's also the same system all 64-bit binaries in recent memory have been compiled on. FWIW, my current workstation (Fedora 21) uses the standard value.

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »
There is problem with corrupted DLG files with latest XPmod. Angel says that it is Weidu's fault.
Bug report with logs is here:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29333.msg336456.html#msg336456
Thanks!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: