Author Topic: REPORT ALL ISSUES, BUGS AND TYPOS FOR V26 HERE AND ONLY HERE  (Read 55904 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Because Unfinished Business doesn't have a maintainer, we have a one-topic bug policy. This way all bug reports will be in one place, and useful information will not be lost.

Please, report all bugs and typos in this topic. All reports are very welcome.

If you have translation updates, please, feel free to post links to them and the translators' names in this topic, too. Or PM me and jcompton.

Important: I've prepared a few updates, but I'm mostly a dialogue modder. Please note that this mod has lots of code I have no idea about(i.e. kits, spells), so if these need changing and/or updating, and if you're someone who knows how to update these, just PM me or jcompton, and we'll update a new version of the mod with your changes and full credit to you.

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
Re: REPORT ALL ISSUES, BUGS AND TYPOS FOR V25 HERE AND ONLY HERE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:50:55 AM »

Kulyok, Polish version of ubsetup-ee.tra needs a little bit of adjusting to match BG:EE and BG2:EE style of description used in Polish version of both games. The version in 25 package is by all means correct and can be perfectly used for Polish players, but it need a little visual tweaking.

But don't worry, I'm on it, since I spent a great deal of time to made all descriptions consistent in BG2:EE and BG:EE under EE Polish translation team. It's sort of my personal crusade, I guess:D
I'll send you adjusted file when I finish:)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 03:31:27 AM »
Good luck with it! And thank you for your hard work. Really, translators are golden!

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 01:40:43 PM »
Kulyok, does HANDLE CHARSETS mean that translation files do not need to be encoded in UTF-8 without BOM to work properly with BG(2):EE anymore? And if so, does converting it to UTF-8 without BOM breaks things or it doesn't matter?

EDIT: Well, apparently NI says, that encoding in UTF8 breaks things for a change while using this function.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:13:43 PM by Cahir »

Offline Cahir

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:16:36 PM »
And updated files sent to your mailbox :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:16:45 AM »
Thank you very much! I'm afraid I have no access to PPG files during the day anymore, so a silent update might wait until the weekend. :(

Offline Isaya

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 04:34:49 PM »
Kulyok, does HANDLE CHARSETS mean that translation files do not need to be encoded in UTF-8 without BOM to work properly with BG(2):EE anymore? And if so, does converting it to UTF-8 without BOM breaks things or it doesn't matter?
The purpose of HANDLE_CHARSETS is to convert from the original encoding in BG II to UTF-8. For polish, that means CP1250 has to be used in the tra files, as if the mod was for BG II.
If you use UTF-8 in the files that are passed to HANDLE_CHARSETS, since the conversion assumes it's in CP1250, this will expand the special character starting an UTF-8 multibyte sequence as if it was a CP1250 special code, resulting in an even more expanded sequence, i.e. garbage. That's probably what you saw in Near Infinity.
With HANDLE_CHARSETS, the starting point is always BG II encoding, so various kinds of CPsomething encoding depending on language.

For technical details on HANDLE_CHARSETS, you can read this topic. I don't know if it easy to read though.

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 03:33:40 PM »
I just want to report few more typos:
-in Minsc\Scripts\wwelle.baf (line 105):
   Dead("wwarro3")
   Dead("wwarro4")
should be:
   Dead("wwfght1")
   Dead("wwfght2")
-in Minsc\Dialogue\wwinterj.d (lines 56 & 62)I think that "IMOEN" should be changed to "IMOEN2", at least in BGT.
and minor one:
-in encount\U!VAMPS.BAF (line 28) "VMALE5" should be "VVMALE5":
Thanks for your work!

Offline zeusonline

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 10:39:24 AM »
I would like to apologize, the bug i encountered was not due to this mod.

The bug is related to the BG2 fixpack, i do not know how it is related though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:56:53 PM by zeusonline »

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Two fixes from the BWP Fixpack are missing in the current version of UB. At least the first one is rather important as it prevents the game from crashing.

1. setup-ub.tp2 is missing the following line: COPY_EXISTING ~bag02.sto~ ~override/wwbag02.sto~

2. "OnCreation()" is disabled in u!sunare.baf.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 05:12:12 AM »
That's useful, thank you! About 1. - where should that line be?

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 11:22:46 AM »
That's useful, thank you! About 1. - where should that line be?
Put it right after the line 139:

COPY_EXISTING ~bag02.itm~ ~override/wwbag02.itm~ /* Kulyok */

Offline Shaitan

• Stolt far
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 02:07:04 AM »
Happy new year!

Kulyok, do you know wether Suna Seni/Valygar has been changed as of recently? I get the dreaded NO VALID REPLIES message in his hut when meeting him. I do not really use any new mods compared to previously, besides updated mods. I did a topic on G3, but I'm unsure wether you are browsing that site? Here's the link:http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26985

Cheers

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 05:02:17 AM »
Nope, that hasn't been changed(and I'm pretty sure I wasn't changing anything there), but there are plenty of other mods that either interfere into his starter dialogue and can delete the links like no tomorrow. New/untested NPC-related stuff, maybe?

EDIT: you can try and e-mail me Valygar's greeting dialogue file at yandex.ru(at my username).

autar

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 10:41:09 PM »
Hi, thx for creating and supporting this great mod!

I have V25 installed but still facing the bug Chuta reported for V24, with Minscs not triggering his speech after removing him from the group :

After the quest is over (Found boo, Minsc gets his 19str and the boolet upgrade), Minsc no longer has any speech that triggers when you boot him from the group.  He just walks up to CHARNAME and stands there.  He cannot be spoken to and he stays in that spot even when you leave.  You cannot recruit him back since you can't talk to him. 

I deleted boo's scraps manually with NI and it fixed it, so just reporting that this is still present in V25, no need for a hotfix :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 12:20:11 AM »
Huh, and I kept deleting that item from anywhere and everywhere. I'll take another look, thank you.

NybCR

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 02:56:56 AM »
I encountered a problem with the Random Encounters portion of the mod, when saving a tourist from an ogre and a shady character in the Slums of Athkatla.
(Just to note: I'm playing on Windows 8.1 on Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition.)

After killing the ogre and shady character, the tourist did not acknowledge I had done anything, and instead kept asking for help.

I saw on another forum someone had encountered this problem, and was able to solve it by modifying SLVIC01.DLG; I changed State Trigger 1 of that dialogue from

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("mugger3")

to:

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("SlumsMugger4")

Not sure if that was the best solution, but it worked. Thought I'd let you know about the bug.

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 04:32:55 AM »
The Boots of Hastened Departure are getting the wrong Use Icon.  Here's a quick patch:

Code: [Select]
--- setup-ub.tp2.old    2015-03-16 10:26:00.558053678 +0100
+++ setup-ub.tp2        2015-03-16 10:26:11.871320822 +0100
@@ -1021,7 +1021,7 @@
   FOR (READ_SHORT 0x68 hc; hc; hc -= 0x01) BEGIN
     READ_ASCII ho + 0x38 * hc - 0x34 icon
     PATCH_IF ~%icon%~ STRING_EQUAL ~~ || ~%icon%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE none BEGIN
-      WRITE_ASCII ho + 0x38 * hc - 0x34 cboot09 #8
+      WRITE_ASCII ho + 0x38 * hc - 0x34 iboot09 #8
     END
   END
 BUT_ONLY

(And now that I've seen UB's code, I'm kinda itching to revise it the way I did with D0tweak and xpmod...  I'll think about it.)

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:17:31 PM by Angel »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 05:00:14 AM »
Do go ahead! I'm all too happy to update the site/ask for testers/provide any help I can. :)

Offline Gragt

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 02:17:16 AM »
I encountered a problem with the Random Encounters portion of the mod, when saving a tourist from an ogre and a shady character in the Slums of Athkatla.
(Just to note: I'm playing on Windows 8.1 on Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition.)

After killing the ogre and shady character, the tourist did not acknowledge I had done anything, and instead kept asking for help.

I saw on another forum someone had encountered this problem, and was able to solve it by modifying SLVIC01.DLG; I changed State Trigger 1 of that dialogue from

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("mugger3")

to:

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("SlumsMugger4")

Not sure if that was the best solution, but it worked. Thought I'd let you know about the bug.

I ran into the same trouble and fixed it that way, however the correct State Trigger is 0 and not 1.

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 05:47:43 AM »

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("mugger3")

to:

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("SlumsMugger4")

I ran into the same trouble and fixed it that way, however the correct State Trigger is 0 and not 1.

The fix to this is already in the BWP fix pack, and should now be in the v26 beta.

Offline Mad Mate

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 09:44:44 AM »
The fix to this is already in the BWP fix pack, and should now be in the v26 beta.
slumvic.d was workaround by Lollorian that didn't address real bug. Bug is, in fact, typo in encount\ubvv.d:
REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER SLVIC01 0 ~Dead("SlumsMugger2") Dead("SlumsMugger4")~should be
REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER SLVIC01 1 ~Dead("SlumsMugger2") Dead("SlumsMugger4")~Above code was added to wrong state trigger so dialog didn't work. Lollorian fixed ST1 with slumvic.d, but wrong entry in ST0 still stood.
slumvic.d is not needed if this is corrected in ubvv.d.
BTW, these: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29262.msg335915.html#msg335915
are still not addressed.

Thanx Angel for your work!

Offline Angel

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 04:51:22 PM »
Mm, I'm more of an items modder and not very good with dialog files.  But I'll see what I can do.

UPDATE: I did it.  All changes suggested by Mad Mate will be in v26beta2.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:25:47 AM by Angel »

Simon guest

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2015, 01:04:21 PM »
Hi,

I just experienced the same bug that 'autar' reported above, regarding Minsc's kick-out dialogue not activating. I have a number of old saves and can confirm that it works normally both before and during Minsc's quest, but all saves after completing the quest have the bug. Deleting Boo's scraps from the inventory using shadowkeeper seems to solve the problem.

Not sure if this is helpful to you but thought it was worth reporting.

Thanks for the great mod.

Peter

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2015, 06:45:38 PM »
(Hopefully, I am posting this in the right thread).

Well - to cut the long story shot, I have recently installed (most parts of) this mod (in particular, Restored Encounters), and I have about the same problem as the one described here:

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("mugger3")

to:

Dead("SlumsMugger2")
Dead("SlumsMugger4")

Could someone possibly advise on the best way to approach this? (I have found the files mentioned in the posts above, but I am not sure what with/how to modify them, and which would be the preferable thing to do of those listed, or something else).

Thanks.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: