Author Topic: RE and Multiromance Question  (Read 5640 times)

Tiziana

RE and Multiromance Question
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »
Hi!^^ Sorry for the amount of questions! <.<

So, I have RE installed -by default- and I spent some time chatting with Minsc. It was nothing more than discussing Khalid and Dynhaeir but now I have an option to say "I have had an affair". Is it normal? Is something going to happen to the romance?

Also can you multiromance Xan (in my particular case with Haer Dalis)?

Many thanks!^^

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: RE and Multiromance Question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:14:49 AM »
Hi! It's okay, we're always happy to see questions, though we might not answer right away.

First of all, nothing is going to happen to a romance. You can do any RE encounters you like.

As for the romances, if Haer'Dalis was meant to be a multiromance by the author, you can play both at the same time.

(But, and this is my position: if the player uses multiromance cheats and screws up Bodhi abduction by romancing Xan/Kelsey/Anomen/everyone else at once, it's the player's problem.)

As for that conversation, it didn't relate to Minsc or RE in general. That talk was meant for you, the player, to use, but only if you felt it was appropriate for you. It does not relate to any RE encounters or other romances, there are no counters/variables, the only condition is - you're in an active romance which has progressed past the 15 sequential lovetalks.

For example: Haer'Dalis romance comes out, there is no crossmod content, you can romance both at once, but you still want to talk about it. You click that conversation and confess to Xan.

In short: you're fine, just play, enjoy the game, and have fun! :D

Tiziana

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:27:38 AM »
Hi! It's okay, we're always happy to see questions, though we might not answer right away.

(But, and this is my position: if the player uses multiromance cheats and screws up Bodhi abduction by romancing Xan/Kelsey/Anomen/everyone else at once, it's the player's problem.)

No problem! :D

In short: you're fine, just play, enjoy the game, and have fun! :D

I am! Bonded Xan is sooo sweet... :3

I have an unrelated question >.< What program can you use to change TRA files? o.o

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 06:48:38 AM »
You can use Notepad if you'd like to change tra files for personal use. Just be sure that the mod in question is installed last or close to last, because you will have to reinstall the mod after editing those files, and that might affect your entire installation. (Usually it's okay, but in some cases, it might make older saves unplayable).

If you're interested in making your own mods, I can recommend tutorials here and on Gibberlings3(some great ones on both forums) and on SHSForums, and check out Branwen at http://www.pocketplane.net/oneday - she's a tutorial NPC, so I wrote lots of commentary in all her files.

Tiziana

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 10:17:30 AM »
I have an old dream to make a npc of my own... an elf actually xD I love elves.

So... something happens °-° When I sleep after the first slayer scene and the other mods are active they do allright. If I kill everybody off save my charname and Xan, the game crashes °-° and he keeps giving me the line "You were ready to kill me a moment before" if I try to talk with him °-° Normal?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 12:13:30 AM »
If you kill everybody off AND take them off the party, so there's really only you and Xan, does the game still crash? (Because killing someone doesn't prevent their script from running).

Offline tatyan85

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 12:25:49 PM »
I apologize for the delay, the site did not allow me to post... o.o

Anyway no!^^ If you kill AND take away all the other it seems to work. Through I am in TOB now :P

Once I have finished I'll rave about your quest mods too... The Sellswords gave me the same chilly-OMG-O_O feeling that meeting Drizzt for the first time did! *__* It was amazing

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
Glad you liked the Sellswords! And thank you for the Xan's song, I'll listen to it as soon as everybody in the house wakes up. :)

(As for the crash, I think it must be one of the scripts for the other party members, since it seems to be the problem).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: