Author Topic: Minsc and Boo Quest - Minsc Not Talking  (Read 10431 times)

MilesBeyond250

Minsc and Boo Quest - Minsc Not Talking
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »
Hey guys, first I just want to start by saying that I love UB. I've been using it for years and years now, completely without issue.

Well, until now, that is.

I did the whole Minsc and Boo quest, completed it, had Minsc improve, got Boo back, etc, but there's one issue: Minsc still uses his soundset from when Boo is missing. No matter what I do, he just can't go back to his old self. I've tried using game editors (console, SK) to reset the flag for the end of quest, to no avail. Minsc is just mute half the time now. I'm also worried that I may be missing out on some of his banters, as I'm not sure if the ones involving Boo are flagged to not happen so long as this quest goes on.

I've done this quest a good ten or eleven times now and this is the first time it's happened to me. Any idea what could be causing it? More importantly, any idea how I could fix it?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Minsc and Boo Quest - Minsc Not Talking
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »
Hi! Thank you for the reporting. I'll look at it after the weekend to see if I can repair it;for this, please send me your weidu.log and your saved game with a wrong soundset to kulyok,
at yandex.ru - and let me know if you have usual edition or Enhanced Edition. Also, please look in the console and check this variable for me:
CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("WWBooGone","GLOBAL")

I don't think we changed the Boo soundset-related stuff. So it should absolutely change once Global("WWBooGone","GLOBAL",2) - if you set this variable manually, Minsc should get his soundset back.
If the variable WAS 2 and his soundset is still bad, that's, well, impossible, but try setting this local variable to 0 -    Global("WWSoundsOff3","LOCALS",0) - then the block should run again. I'm sorry to hear you've had such troubles, hope setting WWBooGone to 2 would help.

Chuta

Re: Minsc and Boo Quest - Minsc Not Talking
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 01:05:49 PM »
I was wondering if the OP had an issue with Minsc when he tries to boot him from the group.  I posted this in the bugs forum.  Ill post it here as well to see if it relates.

--------------------------
Howdy!  Great mod.

Today I found a bug that seems to to triggered by the Minsc and his quest to find Boo.

After the quest is over (Found boo, Minsc gets his 19str and the boolet upgrade), Minsc no longer has any speech that triggers when you boot him from the group.  He just walks up to CHARNAME and stands there.  He cannot be spoken to and he stays in that spot even when you leave.  You cannot recruit him back since you can't talk to him. 

Saving and reloading there doesn't help. 

I had a save RIGHT before talking Elenanya to finish the quest (Where Minsc's portrait is still halfsize).  Booting him from the group triggers a speech (that he is angry but still I can tell him to go to the copper coronet).  Also had a load very close to before boo getting lost.  Booting Minsc triggers the normal speeches and I can send him to copper coronet.

So it seems this problem happens right after completing the the quest to find Boo.

I am using BG2:EE with UBv24.  (also SCS, atweaks, COM enounters, BG2 tweaks, Banterpacks, sellswords, Backbrynnlaw, Assassinations, Iepbanters.  All latest versions).  These were the ones that were given a green light as compatible with BG2:EE.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: