Author Topic: Beta bug reports  (Read 28921 times)

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
Re: Beta bug reports
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2014, 07:35:23 PM »
I am a bit confused here as to what you are arguing for. And what is aura cleansing?
Aura cleansing is the effect that allows multiple spells to be cast-able at the same round... so say your characters is subject to it, you can cast almost 10 magic missile spells(10-50 actual missiles) during the same round if you pause just after you see the first missile appear... as the casting time is 1 tenth of a round.
The Improved Alacrity HLA spell has this effect.

The argument here is that as you still have to wait almost the whole round to cast the next spell, the initial casting time is not a balance problem as you can only cast so many of them... when you have the innate spells, as they are removed in the game during the SoA part of it.
The other part is that; Why would even a bad mage want to go for the evil options and thus gain the minor drain spell if it's exactly as the level 1 he kinda already has ? When the other option is to be a sorta neutral alignment for the little while and gain healing spells as you can't get them as a mage.
The good aligned spells are far superior to the evil ones, in the BG1 environment. Be it what ever your class is.

I did not intend to make them less dangerous. This is another bug.
But it might be a known bug, one that Jarin doesn't particularly say it's not. And that is that if the creature or character is subject to multiple of delayed effect affects, only the quickest delayed effect actually affects the subject until it runs out of the timer. This was a plague in the spell revision mod, and it still might be unless the ToBEx fixed it, I haven't actually played the game after ... so I can't actually knowingly say that it works.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:43:17 PM by The Imp »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2014, 03:49:09 AM »
Aura cleansing is the effect that allows multiple spells to be cast-able at the same round... so say your characters is subject to it, you can cast almost 10 magic missile spells(10-50 actual missiles) during the same round if you pause just after you see the first missile appear... as the casting time is 1 tenth of a round.
The Improved Alacrity HLA spell has this effect.

Then I knew what it was. Anyway, I am still confused. Why would these innate abilities have aura cleansing?

The other part is that; Why would even a bad mage want to go for the evil options and thus gain the minor drain spell if it's exactly as the level 1 he kinda already has ? When the other option is to be a sorta neutral alignment for the little while and gain healing spells as you can't get them as a mage.
The good aligned spells are far superior to the evil ones, in the BG1 environment. Be it what ever your class is.

This is a balance discussion, but since FotD adds progression to Larloch's Minor Drain (1D4/3 levels, 4D4 max at 10th level), it should be more attractive to play on the antagonistic side of the fence.

But it might be a known bug, one that Jarin doesn't particularly say it's not. And that is that if the creature or character is subject to multiple of delayed effect affects, only the quickest delayed effect actually affects the subject until it runs out of the timer. This was a plague in the spell revision mod, and it still might be unless the ToBEx fixed it, I haven't actually played the game after ... so I can't actually knowingly say that it works.

I did not know about this delayed effect bug, but what I meant by 'this is another bug' was that I had a look at my code, saw why the poison damage is wrong and added it to my list of bugs.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »
During a fight with Kobold Commandos and Kobolds in the Nashkell mines (the last fight before you enter the level where the bad guy is hiding), the game crashes.

I have tried to find the source of the crashing, it seems to be tied to Branwen smashing things with a spiritual hammer.

Disarming traps also gives 200 xp, just in case they are not part of the same script.

Ah, Mulahey smashing things with spiritual hammers crashes the game too. Strangely enough, the first level version of the item does not seem to exist in my override folder
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:27:30 AM by Jarin »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2014, 09:23:39 AM »
Thieves are supposed to get 200 xp for picking locks and disarming traps. Forcing locks should not provide any xp.

I will have a look at what is happening with Spiritual Hammer.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »
Disarming traps also gives 200 xp, just in case they are not part of the same script.
Thieves are supposed to get 200 xp for picking locks and disarming traps. Forcing locks should not provide any xp.
Well, in the original BG1 it was not. But in BG2, the system was changed to allow extra XP to be gained when you unlock a door or disarm a trap with a thief skills, or memorizing spells, it's part of a ruleset, so the BGT and Tutu have it too, the table is actually silly as you gain more XP the higher level your character is, not according how difficult the task is. There's plenty of tweaks for it, so ... and in the vanilla it's not done via a script, but via the xpbonus.2da table. Find the file in your override folder, edit it with Notepad and keep the spacing ...
And if my memory still serves me, the Echon's Field of the Dead mod added this via scripting to the original BG1 game too, but as it's unnecessary in the BG2 based engines, I don't think the mod should have it in the same fashion anymore. 

Then I knew what it was. Anyway, I am still confused. Why would these innate abilities have aura cleansing?
Like I said they don't... thus they are not over powered by a long shot, so reverting them back to the origin spell of ones view might be a bad thing, as there's actually more than one mod that edits those spells.
Yes, you can ignore what I say if you don't see a point in my comments ... there's really not. :D
And nope, none of my posts are actually bug reports either... :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 06:58:58 AM by The Imp »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2014, 03:58:15 AM »
Yes, FotD adds the lock and trap xp via scripts. I am aware of XPBONUS.2DA, but decided to ignore it for some reason during this update. Using this table will be much easier, and I am going to remove all the xp scripts later.

I am not going to ignore anyone who posts something relevant to the discussion. :) However, I was not sure if you argued for changing the spells or letting them be. For now, they will be using the same casting speed as the original spells.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
I may have been a little impetous. As the Spiritual Hammer bug was kind off preventing me from progressing trough the game, I have deleted the entire easytutu folder and instead made a BGT install.

But anyway.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v10
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v10
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: 1.18 (28 Apr 13)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #500 // Major locations explored upon visit: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #600 // Druid/Ranger-responsive bears in BG1: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #702 // Happy patch -> Only good and evil NPCs leave the party: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Arkion reacts to player's reputation: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1400 // More bandit scalps: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1502 // Altered item shattering -> Make armor and shields shatter: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Disable hostile reaction after charm: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Enemy items shatter: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2700 // Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2800 // Reputation Resets at Beginning of BG2: 11 (5 Feb 12)
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #1 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding sword)
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v20
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v20
~BG1NPCMUSIC/BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v5
~WHEELS/SETUP-WHEELS.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Wheels of Prophecy: v3
~SETUP-FOTD.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Fields of the Dead: v2.00 beta 2

And the first bug reports of the day:
- In BGT, locks too give XP bonuses when forced open.
- Jondalar refuses to attack me properly even after going hostile, instead avoiding combat and ocasionally taking a swing. Perhaps he was not only set as a mage, but has a Mage's AI set too?
- Reevor attempts to come to my aid in the fight against Jondalar, but disengages afterwards.
- Were any party AI sets altered for this iteration? My current character is a lot less bloodthirsty then she ought to be, often disengaging.
- Fuller does not give the PC the dagger when the crossbow bolts are delivered to him. The dialogue plays just fine, but no item is handed over.
- Diseased Gibberlings do not attack in this iteration either.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:01:11 PM by Jarin »

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
I may have been a little impetous. As the Spiritual Hammer bug was kind off preventing me from progressing trough the game, I have deleted the entire easytutu folder and instead made a BGT install.

I understand why that would be aggravating. Did you keep your savegame or did you start over from scratch?

And the first bug reports of the day:
- In BGT, locks too give XP bonuses when forced open.
- Jondalar refuses to attack me properly even after going hostile, instead avoiding combat and ocasionally taking a swing. Perhaps he was not only set as a mage, but has a Mage's AI set too?
- Reevor attempts to come to my aid in the fight against Jondalar, but disengages afterwards.
- Were any party AI sets altered for this iteration? My current character is a lot less bloodthirsty then she ought to be, often disengaging.
- Fuller does not give the PC the dagger when the crossbow bolts are delivered to him. The dialogue plays just fine, but no item is handed over.
- Diseased Gibberlings do not attack in this iteration either.

Jondalar is not changed by FotD beyond his class. I have not altered the party AI, either.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 05:47:46 PM »
Hmm, strange, as the passive party member thing is a bug I encountered in EasyTutu as well.

I understand why that would be aggravating. Did you keep your savegame or did you start over from scratch?

Nope, full delete, I always am too radical in these things. However, since i was just at the nashkell mines anyway, it's not much of a loss.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2014, 02:57:25 AM »
Hmm, strange, as the passive party member thing is a bug I encountered in EasyTutu as well.

That is odd. Have you had a look at which scripts your party members have been assigned?

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2014, 03:28:12 PM »
The bog standard "Standard attack" script, for one.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2014, 03:41:12 AM »
Hmm. I haven't been playing the game all that much these days. Two things that I have noticed may need mention:

The "Ring of Clumsiness" uses a BG2 item icon. I am quite sure EasyTutu handles these differently, thus explaining why I could not "see" this ring in my first playtrough.

Secondly, the cost for "raising" or "resurrection" seems to be a flat rate at 1000 and 1500GP. I much prefer the original BG's "scale with level" system, as that system punishes you for loosing good party members, whilst this system encourages you to ditch dead party members in favor of new ones because the cost of resurrecting in the early game is so high (esp. considering that party members tend to die a lot in the first level, esp. with BGT's ocasionally rather hard creature spawns).

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2014, 07:34:42 AM »
Hmm. I haven't been playing the game all that much these days.

Due to the bugs or simply lack of interest?

The "Ring of Clumsiness" uses a BG2 item icon. I am quite sure EasyTutu handles these differently, thus explaining why I could not "see" this ring in my first playtrough.

Thanks. I will investigate.

Secondly, the cost for "raising" or "resurrection" seems to be a flat rate at 1000 and 1500GP. I much prefer the original BG's "scale with level" system, as that system punishes you for loosing good party members, whilst this system encourages you to ditch dead party members in favor of new ones because the cost of resurrecting in the early game is so high (esp. considering that party members tend to die a lot in the first level, esp. with BGT's ocasionally rather hard creature spawns).

I went with a flat cost because the way it scaled previously makes no sense to me. The spells are not more difficult to cast on high-level characters. Similarly, healing spells do not become more expensive the more hit points your character has, or likewise for Dispel Magic and Remove Curse.

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2014, 03:17:48 PM »
Due to the bugs or simply lack of interest?

Simply lack of interest atm I am afraid, although there are some (many) other issues at work here which I shall not go into further.

I went with a flat cost because the way it scaled previously makes no sense to me. The spells are not more difficult to cast on high-level characters. Similarly, healing spells do not become more expensive the more hit points your character has, or likewise for Dispel Magic and Remove Curse.

Purely from a gameplay standpoint: If one of your NPCs dies, you have effectively "sold" that character in order to win the fight. Ressurection then allows you to "buy back" that character. As a result, the spells are more costly for higher level characters, as they are more valuable.

EDIT: I can confirm that the Call-For-Help AI is broken in BGT as well.
Shillelagh has a weird discreption.
Spiritual Hammer crashes BGT too. This lands me in the same predicament as last time.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:06:11 PM by Jarin »

Brook

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »
hey mate, great work on fotD, playing easy tutu with only mod being fotD, game crashes when starting dialog with barkeeps and a few merchants in baldur's gate the city, not for every merchant, but did lose track of which ones however, buti appreciate the effort you have put into this project, baldur's gate series is the best rpg around, and fields of the dead is a welcome addition =)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2014, 12:30:26 AM »
Hi. I appreciate the feedback. Do you remember any of the ones it crashed on?

Brook

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2014, 04:43:00 AM »
not currently, ill do a run around the city and make a list for you, and just as of now (9 30 pm new zealand friday 16th may) i was back stabbed by a phase spider for 750 damage, in the caves after the crypts after candlekeep, maybe you should leave that there, was a funny surprise  ;D

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2014, 04:46:03 AM »
Great. I look forward to seeing the list. As for the phase spider, that is poison damage. It is normally 1000 points but I assume your character has got 25% poison resistance from something.

Brook

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2014, 07:49:20 AM »
hey again, have a map where i have circled which general stores, inns and taverns crash, but am not sure how to attach to this post, there are 5 in total that crash, + the inn just east of the flaming fist with the green jellies, unsure if that crashes or not, due to the innkeeper dying earlier on. (CRASHES) tavern south of the duchal palace, small tavern with blue roof just east of sorcerous sundries, the Elf song tavern/inn, General store just south east of elf song tavern/inn, and in the south east quadrant, bottom of the map is a general store also crashes. if it makes it easier, is there some other way i can get this image to you? let me know, hope this helps and isn't to messy to follow,

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »
Thanks! You can send the image to this address.

Brook

crash map
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
I have sent the image to said address, hopefully reaches you with no trouble, if you don't receive it or cant open it, let me know and ill resend it.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2014, 01:57:12 AM »
I got it and will investigate soon. :)

Feel free to sign up for an account on the forums. It makes it a lot easier to contact other members and send things to each other.

Brook

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2014, 08:04:40 AM »
Just waiting on membership to be confirmed, if there is anything in game that you need someone to test just let me know, happy to help

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2014, 08:09:06 AM »
I see no members waiting for approval. Unfortunately, that likely means that one of us thought you were a spambot and deleted your account. I am sorry. Please sign up again. :)

Brook

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
lol ok will do

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: