Author Topic: Bugs and typos, issues with Dungeon Crawl? Report them here.  (Read 18442 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bugs and typos, issues with Dungeon Crawl? Report them here.
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
All reports are welcome in this topic, so I don't lose them.

Offline Sergio1992

• Planewalker
Re: Bugs and typos for v7. Issues with Dungeon Crawl? Report them here.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
My issue with this mod is that is so great that I can't avoid installing it.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Bugs and typos for v8. Issues with Dungeon Crawl? Report them here.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 08:04:12 AM »
Version 8 is out with multilanguage support for BG2EE.

Offline Mereinid

• Planewalker
Hello all, I am unable to install the mod. Downloaded fine and unzipped it into ( D:\Game Drive\Baldur's Gate II; EE\00783) Then ran the Setup-DC. I get these errors; Iconv.exe -System Error 'Code execution cannot proceed because libiconv2.dll was not found.' Same error pops up 4 times and then gives me the option to Install, Quit, Not-Install. It was a clean fresh install and was the second mod I tried to install. I tried to reinstall after I installed several sound sets and 'The Picture Standard, the BG2FixPack. All of which installed correctly. But I still received the same error. Any ideas?

(Side note-The Athkatla Assassinations mod gives me the same error.)

Thank you,
Mereinid

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
There's a v10 available, so this is...
Anyways, I wonder how you extracted the archive, as the file in question is in the v10 at least, but it's in a subfolder, which if you set your extraction program to an unusual setting might botch the folder system and thus create the problem of not enabling the finding of the files that the archive contains. And your anti-virus software might also freak out for a .exe copy during the archive extraction, for no reason and thus might need to be shut down, or in the worst case uninstalled ... as they think you are a little child in a little sandbox.

Hmm, also the code might freak out from your game folder's location, as you have named it as "D:\Game Drive\Baldur's Gate II; EE\00783", the ; character is untypical for a lot of reasons and the used moding codebase might not understand it's significance correctly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 08:55:21 AM by The Imp »

Offline Mereinid

• Planewalker
I am using v10, straight from the website here. I used 7zip to extract the folder DC + the Setup-DC to my BG2EE mods folder then copied those two pieces into the BG2EE directory. I did the same exact 7zip extraction for the sound sets and The Picture Standard. TPS, installed wonderfully. Granted those are just image files and the sound sets were just copied straight into Lang\en-US\Sounds folder.
I have verified the folder twice and installed it twice, all mods that actually mod the game files or add in extra content, minus picture portraits and sounds, all of them show the same error of not seeing the libiconv2.dll file. My AV is Vipre and is fine with me installing mods for this folder as I have excluded all game folders from the AV when I install a new game.

The semi-colon thing, not sure on. Both files from the archive are already inside the BG2 directory and do not query where the game executable is or ask me to locate it. So, and this is just moi, I think that character is a moot issue.
Hopefully, I have answered the questions you asked about. I may just go ahead and uninstall them and install them to my C: drive. I just hate putting game files on my operating system drive.

Anyway, luck and loot to you all and may your favorite loin cloth always be a +1.

Mereinid,
(The slayer of all Ritz crackers)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: