Author Topic: 1 bug (unbiff), 2 feature request (BG:EE path from registry)  (Read 3755 times)

Offline K4thos

• Planewalker
Let's start with feature requests:

1. Could you please add 2 new constants?:
- REGISTRY_BGEE_PATH - the path of BG:EE (as read from the registry), or empty if not available.
- REGISTRY_BG2EE_PATH - ditto for BG2:EE.
There are already such constants for BG1, BG2, PST, IWD1 and IWD2.

2. Please allow us to specify from which exact biff we want to extract files. Currently it is only possible to do so from all biffs at once.

And here is a bug that is literaly driving me insane  :'(
This code works just fine when run from the batch file in BG1:EE directory:
Code: [Select]
Weidu.exe --noautoupdate --no-auto-tp2 --logapp --log test/bash.debug --game "C:/Program Files (x86)/BeamDog/Games/00766" --out "test" --biff-get-rest "^MAIN.*\.wav$"all files are extracted.

BUT this one when run from BG2:EE directory, tp2 file:
AT_NOW ~Weidu.exe --noautoupdate --no-auto-tp2 --logapp --log test/bash.debug --game "C:/Program Files (x86)/BeamDog/Games/00766" --out "test" --biff-get-rest "^MAIN.*\.wav$"~will correctly unbiff files from CHASOUND.BIF but at the same time will show errors for files in LOCCHA.BIF:
ERROR: BIFF [C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766/DATA/LOCCHA.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\BeamDog\\Games\\00766/DATA/LOCCHA.BIF")all files from LOCCHA.BIF ends up corrupted 0 kb files.

I really don't get it. It is exactly the same code, just running from different directory ??? All other bif files that I have tested can be extracted just fine.

Here is a test tp2 file that should be started in BG2:EE directory and will try to unbiff these wav files from BG1:EE. Please let me know if you can reproduce this error. https://www.sendspace.com/file/xmq5mf

edit: I'm using the latest beta.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:15:09 AM by K4thos »

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
Re: 1 bug (unbiff), 2 feature request (BG:EE path from registry)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 06:44:05 AM »
1. Could you please add 2 new constants?:
- REGISTRY_BGEE_PATH - the path of BG:EE (as read from the registry), or empty if not available.
- REGISTRY_BG2EE_PATH - ditto for BG2:EE.
Is this information obtainable from the registry? Last I checked, the Beamdog client did not provide it.

2. Please allow us to specify from which exact biff we want to extract files. Currently it is only possible to do so from all biffs at once.
So some sort of --unbiff X that would extract all resources from biff archive X?

I really don't get it. It is exactly the same code, just running from different directory ??? All other bif files that I have tested can be extracted just fine.
Conceptually, you need --use-lang, because you can no longer fall back on using ./weidu.conf. If that does not work, it's probably a bug.

Offline K4thos

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »
Is this information obtainable from the registry? Last I checked, the Beamdog client did not provide it.
RegEdit search only results in REG_SZ entries.  I'm not seeing any other registry entries created by BD, so I'm not sure if this is usable.

So some sort of --unbiff X that would extract all resources from biff archive X?
Yes, this is exactly what I'm looking for.

Conceptually, you need --use-lang, because you can no longer fall back on using ./weidu.conf. If that does not work, it's probably a bug.
Still gives the same error for LOCCHA.BIF  :-X

edit: I've tested all biff archives and it is definately releted to language. Here are the archives that can't be accesed from external directory:
LOCTUT.BIF
LOCNPC.BIF
LOCMP.BIF
LOCCRE.BIF
LOCSFX.BIF
LOCCHA.BIF

All of them are located in "lang/en_US/data" instead of "data" folder. Maybe I'm using --use-lang wrong? Here is the modified code:
AT_NOW ~Weidu.exe --use-lang "en_us" --noautoupdate --no-auto-tp2 --logapp --log test/bash.debug --game "C:/Program Files (x86)/BeamDog/Games/00766" --out "test" --biff-get-rest "^MAIN.*\.wav$"~I also tried it without enlocing en_us in "", but it doesn't change anything.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:31:26 PM by K4thos »

Offline Wisp

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 04:09:39 AM »
Still gives the same error for LOCCHA.BIF
Fixed. The code that deals with the EEs' special hiding places was hardcoding the game path to "." instead of respecting --game.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 04:10:25 AM by Wisp »

Offline K4thos

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 05:27:17 AM »
thanks! I'm looking forward for the next beta :) Hope that pvrz biffing problem will be also fixed soon.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: