Author Topic: Sensible Weapons Daggers damage  (Read 3572 times)

Lord Khelben

Sensible Weapons Daggers damage
« on: September 15, 2015, 07:53:40 AM »
Greetings.

I noticed recently that i was getting unusually high backstab damage in irenicus dungeon. I have the Rogue Rebalancing mod installed which gives assassins higher multiplier from the start but even taking that into account i couldn't justify the damage i saw. I play a dagger-wielding character and at the time i used the +1 dagger you get from the trapped painting besides the jailkeep golem.

Anyway, at some point i tried to open the dagg02.itm in dltcep and i noticed that it is doing 1D6+1 damage instead of 1D4+1. My first thought was that the change comes from Big Picture or Item Revisions but AoE is the one that changes it in the "Sensible Weapons" component. For every type of weapon besides daggers, the code just changes minimum strenght and dexterity. However, for daggers there is an extra code from the weidu tutorial that changes the melee and ranged abilities of  daggers to 1D6 base damage.

I searched the forum and found that the code originated in the following link http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,549.0.html but it doesn't say why the difference in code for daggers exist. Does anyone know why it is there and if it is intended behavior ?

Thank you for your time.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: