Author Topic: Sad panda  (Read 1511 times)

Offline ibanix

• Planewalker
Sad panda
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:22:53 PM »
I love the mods on this site, but I can use them because the downloads never finish. What's up with that?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Sad panda
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 12:38:12 AM »
Use a download manager like Flashget that ensures your downloads get complete.

Offline ibanix

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »
Flashget has been running to over 4 hours and I have all of 1MB downloaded. Download speed is lucky to get over 1KB/s.

The server is clearly busted. With the plethora of free hosting sites, it would make sense to host these files in more than one place.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 01:06:05 AM »
Yeah, that sucks. Sorry you have to jump through these hoops. I'm not sure if it's got to do with the server or your internet connection or the time of day, but then again, I'm not an admin. I would recommend you to write a private message to jcompton, the forum/site administrator, and he will look into it.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 11:14:24 PM »
Based on my logs I can't see that this is a trend. Download accelerators are actually very *unlikely* to help you fetch files from our server. Have you tried running your browser in safe mode instead? If this continues to be an issue even after you've disabled download accelerators and extensions, I can ask the hosting company to look into connection issues between you and the server.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net