Author Topic: Bugs and typos for v2  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Bugs and typos for v2
« on: September 14, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
Please, report all issues here. This way I'll be sure to notice them and include them in the next version.

Version 2 fixes a particularly lazy gith knight, who cleverly turns invisible during the battle and then stands around doing nothing, instead of attacking suicidally. If you fail to notice him, you fail to kill him, get the wardstone and complete the quest. But no longer.
(If you have v1, you don't need to reinstall. Just use True Sight once during the first gith fight).

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
Re: Bugs and typos for v2
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »
O#1500.ARE error: Container #1 Item #0 does not exist (MICSC07.itm)! Should probably be MISC07.itm.

O#L002.ARE error: No creatures in Rest Spawn Entry but area still set to spawn something!
O#L008.ARE error: No creatures in Rest Spawn Entry but area still set to spawn something!
These will cause a crash when trying to rest in those areas :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 01:16:39 AM »
Thank you for reporting. These don't cause any crashing, thankfully, because rest is forbidden in both O#L002 and O#L008 - it's been tested, but I just re-checked. O#1500 is from Brynnlaw, and yes, should be MISC07.

I fixed all of this silently and reuploaded both mods. Players do not need to reinstall or re-download - unless you worry about 9 gp in one of Spellhold's barrels, that is. :)

I'm leaving for two weeks tonight, but, please, feel free to leave all bug/typo/issue reports here, as well as send me any and all translation updates.

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 01:39:03 AM »
Thanks!

What about combining them with BG2Tweaks' Rest Anywhere component? :P Ah megamod installs... ;D

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 02:11:32 AM »
Ooooh, that's way too complicated. :) Again, thanks for pointing it out!

Stegosaurus

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 03:07:10 PM »
First of all a big thank you and nothing else but gratitude for your efforts. You are making this game even better and sweeten my fondest memories.

I have come across of a problem like this:

Case: I am to effectively consolidate an alliance between Oblondra and the Mind Flayers. I start talking to the Flayers but after the second choice I get and the consequent answer I get, I press continue on the dialogue box and the dialogue effectively stops.

Is there a known issue such as this or am I having this problem on my own?

Thank you again!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 12:38:18 AM »
Hi! Glad you liked the mod, and thank you for the report. I'm going to test it tonight, but let's see if a party member interjection is at fault. Do you have Aerie, Anomen, Korgan, Jaheira or Haer'Dalis in party? Try dismissing them before the conversation and talking again.

Offline Nosphiel

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
Greetings once again! The report of the dialogue bug was made by me under the name Stegosaurus, for I was waiting my account to be activated.

Indeed I have Aerie in the party and once I dismissed her the problem was solved. You sir, are a gift to the rpg community. Thank you for the mod and for your timely assistance once again!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 11:10:04 AM »
Welcome to PPG, and thank you for registering and reporting. :)

(By the way, folks, please, report if you have the same error. I checked Aerie's interjection, and it has all three required conditions: she's alive in party, in the area, and is able to talk, so I wonder if it's her or something else. I'll get rid of that line in v3 just in case, but I'm wondering if it might be something else I need to look into).