Author Topic: How to get Xan drunk  (Read 9706 times)

MissBehave

How to get Xan drunk
« on: March 03, 2013, 12:02:27 PM »
So after reading several encouragements to get Xan drunk, I attempted to do just that. Slipped on that ring of Human Influence, found myself a nice pub.. nothing. No PID to sit and have a drink. Okay thought I, I shall get this party started, so to speak. Got my PC drunk. Aha! Xan initiates conversation. Tried every possible response, saw nothing of slipping him strong wine, and got tucked into bed by the end of it. He refused to drink with me or come upstairs. *pouts* What am I doing wrong??!!

MissBehave

Re: How to get Xan drunk
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:08:02 PM »
Ugh! *facepalm* Turns out you've already explained this at least once in the forum. I just found it. My problem was I was only on the FIRST drunk talk. Huzzah, hopefully my problem is now solved. Sorry for the unnecessary post!  ;D

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:09:03 PM »
No problem! And since I typed it already, might as well post it:

If you want to get *him* drunk, you simply need to wait until your last "sequential" lovetalk. Hint: if Xan starts his talk with "It is time."(=to go to Spellhold), it means your 15th lovetalk happened already. And, yep, hang on to that Ring of Human Influence, for it works on elves, too!

You can also get *yourself* drunk simply by drinking, which would be another conversation entirely, but, hopefully, an entertaining one.

Offline Eva Galana

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »
Is there a way to reset that convo?  I was an idiot, found that talk and didn't realize it was 'this' one.  I've gone so far beyond it, rather not miss it or start again.  Thanks!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:22:27 AM »
BONDED: SetGlobal("O#XanST4","GLOBAL",0)
Non-bonded: SetGlobal("O#XanRT7","GLOBAL",0)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
If you want sex talk in non-bonded soa, you have to talk to xan after setting
Global("O#XanHangoverTalk","GLOBAL",0)

Offline Eva Galana

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 11:04:28 AM »
Thanks!  I thought that was the talk to alter, but didn't want to just change it without checking.  'Course, I'm at Spellhold now, and just about ready to 'turn', so this is moot at this point.  Not sure if I'll run through non-bonded again; Xan is making my gal rather depressed! 

Tarlonniel

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »
I just discovered the whole "get Xan drunk" thing thanks to finding this forum and couldn't believe I'd missed it after multiple playthroughs. Trouble is that when I tried bringing up that PID option on both the bonded and non-bonded paths tonight, I couldn't get it to appear in the former. Went way beyond the last sequential LT in both game-time and real-time and the option never showed up. Has it been removed from the bonded path?

BTW, this and the Valygar romance from RE are the Best. Things. Ever. Especially Xan. Playing these games is ten times more fun with him around to flirt with and romance and adore.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 01:31:53 AM »
Heh, the drunk talk was never in the bonded path in the first place - that talk was a compromise between "don't sleep with Xan, he'll break up with you later" and "but I want to sleep with Xan in the non-bonded path before ToB"!

I'm glad you like him! Try the happy ending to the bonded path - hope it works for you.

Tarlonniel

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 07:23:21 AM »
Ah, okay. I was thrown off by the "BONDED: SetGlobal("O#XanST4","GLOBAL",0)" thing above.

Bonded path is my favorite; I tried the "unhappy" ending once, for completion's sake, but the happy ending is much better IMHO. Next up is playing "Back to Brynnlaw"!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 07:45:02 AM »
Yep, that one(O#XanST4) is for getting yourself drunk in the bonded path. :) Xan, unfortunately, stays sober.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: