Author Topic: Tutu NPC Portrait Woes  (Read 6663 times)

Compunoob

Tutu NPC Portrait Woes
« on: July 22, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
Hi everyone,  I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but anyway,

I've just recently taken up playing NG again after many years. Last time I played I was running the vanilla version, however this time I've discovered mods :D

Anyway, in my new found enthusiasm for BG mods I managed to get quite a few, easytutu included. Everything's working great except I can't seem to modify my joinable NPC portraits. I've read up about these issues (seems to me they're pretty common), and it seems I've avoided making the more common mistakes. I'm trying to change Imoen's portrait, so I found an image I'd like to use, converted it to BMP in the appropriate sizes and resolution. I ended up with three files: IMOENL.bmp, IMOENM.bmp, and IMOENS.bmp @ 71 dpi and 210x330 pixels, 110x170 pixels, and 38x60 respectively. I placed these files in /OVERRIDE in my tutu directory. They work fine when I run NearInfinity, everything shows up where it should. However, when I run BG it still has the default portrait. I have tried every trick I know (admittedly though that isn't much, I'm not on the tech savvy side), I even tried puzzling out Shadow Keeper, which was totally beyond me.

The only thing I can think of is that one of the mods I installed is screwing me up somehow, I really can't think of any other reason why this shouldn't be working. Any light anyone can shed on this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Tutu NPC Portrait Woes
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:01:44 AM »
Tutu files have "_" in their filenames. Did you try _IMOENS.bmp, or _MOENS.bmp?
Also, I think Portraits directory has a higher priority than Override.
If everything fails, I would advise learning how to make your portrait mod via tutorials here and at Gibberlings3.net. It's really just as easy as item mods. And modding can be fun.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: