Author Topic: BG1 UB v13 released and available on the website  (Read 10778 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
BG1 UB v13 released and available on the website
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:20:07 AM »
With huge thanks to jastey and other people who created, added to and maintained this mod over the years!

V13 includes the following:

BUGFIXES
Imoen portrait patching now checks whether another portrait was assigned
Assigns the SIL script as General script instead of Class script (component "Creature Corrections") to ensure compatibility with "The Lure of the Sirine's Call"
Shilo Chen Ogre spawn fixed (Tutu version)
Corrected the tp2 so that the Tanar'ri sound fix checks for the right game (BG and BGT versions).
Component "Item Corrections and Restorations": Corrected sound reference for Bolt of Lightning
added check for Dudley Fix to prevent the wife in Beregost (house next to Jovial Juggler, AR3327) giving two rings if charmed.

CHANGES
Scar quest extention more extended (component "Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter"), by jastey: making the ring a unique item, add more reply options that enable to restart the Scar quests if denied at the bridge, added reply options where missing to be able to return to the quests if not finished. Includes fixes of quest rewards. New lines translated by: Salk (Italian), Isaya (French), Ancalagon el Negro (Spanish), Bartek (Polish), prowler (Russian), jastey (German).
corrected readme (new Polish translation was wrongly announced as Russian translation); mixed up family name for component L (Silvershield instead of Sashenstar)
Files "ppglogofinal.ico" and "bg1ubplaceholder" moved from the backup-folder into the general bg1ub folder
Spanish translation completed and proof-read (by Ancalagon el Negro)
Ajantis sound fix German version: written lines corrected to the spoken ones of the sound files.
For the component "Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance" added check to prevent installation if already installed via BGII fixpack.
Journal entry corrections (by Jarl): sorting to SOLVED / UNSOLVED and adding title headers. For the components "Edie, the Merchant League Applicant", "Quoningar, the Cleric", "Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi", "The Mysterious Vial" (BGT and Tutu versions). New lines translated by: Salk (Italian), Isaya (French), Ancalagon el Negro (Spanish), ## (Polish), arcanecoast.ru team (Russian), jastey (German).
Changes to the audio restorations of the core changes: Inclusion of audio files into the main mod (no separate download for other languages). For BGT, they will not be installed (all files already imported to BGT). For Tutu they were reduced to the audio files not present in BGII. Installation only for language version where audio files are provided (English, German, French, Spanish).
"Corianna, the Petrified Ranger": Reward unified to 100 XP and a potion of mirrored eyes (Creature restorations)
Revised Russian translation (arcanecoast.ru team). Sound references in "extra_tmp.tra" are unified (formerly missing the Tutu-recognition)
Updated to WeiDU v231

Please see bg1ub.txt for release notes pertaining to your specific platform.

Read the Readme and grab the mod at the BG1 UB website: http://www.pocketplane.net/bg1ub

We currently don't have an update for Mac users, but if someone experienced steps forward, please, PM me with the link, and we'll add it.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: BG1 UB v13 released and available on the website
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
That happens if I first nag people for updates and then go on changing the content.  :P
The update is an intermediate version. I think it is stable, though. Update to v14 will follow soonish.

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »
That happens if I first nag people for updates and then go on changing the content.  :P
The update is an intermediate version. I think it is stable, though. Update to v14 will follow soonish.
here's hoping v14 will include the new Prism component ^^
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Hurricane

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:37:24 AM »
Since the uploaded v13 package is the TEST version v13_120121 from January, the fact that this is only an intermediate version should probably be stated somewhere on http://www.pocketplane.net/bg1ub. For instance, the MODDER tag is currently activated in the tp2. If people install this "release" without knowing about this, they will be VERY confused by all the warnings they'll get.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:32:28 AM »
Yes, we're aware - there'll be a v14 soon to counteract this. Also, removed MODDER flag, sorry about that. :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 02:45:29 AM »
That's good.
v14 will take a short while, though. Still need to finish the install and call for translations.

Offline prowler

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »
Good good! :DWaiting v14 and ready to update tra ;)
Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru

Offline RobinHood70

• Planewalker
  • Still trying to find my band of merry men.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
Minor site issue: the "Latest Version" text still reads 12.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 06:23:59 AM »
Fixed, thank you.

Offline Jaesun

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 02:14:11 PM »
Just to clarify, this *should* work on vanilla Baldur's Gate (say for example the GOG version)?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 07:21:42 AM »
I don't know what the GOG Version is, but the mod is designed to work on vanilla BG1, yes.

Offline OfficerDonNZ

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
Yep it works with the GOG versions of BG1 and BG2 (if you're running Tutu or BGT)  :D As that's what I have.

The Good Old Games versions of the BG games are fully patched and inclued the add ons TotSC and TOB and have no DRM. The other benifit is that it removes the hassle of getting the infinty games to run on Win 7.  8)

I have the GOG versions of BG1, BG2, IWD and IWD II :) As I hate Torment with a passion it's the only infinty gamed I didn't buy.

Offline Jaesun

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »
I don't know what the GOG Version is, but the mod is designed to work on vanilla BG1, yes.

Thanks!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: