Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Anthology Installation and EasyTuTu  (Read 17109 times)

Offline Time Mage

• Planewalker
Dungeons and Dragons Anthology Installation and EasyTuTu
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
Hi, I bought this collection on Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/6ljqyqt) which includes BG1, BG2, expansions and a few other games. I've run into a few problems using it though. My first problem is that I can't install the ToSC patch because afterwards it asks me to enter disk 6 though I was able to install the BG2 ToB patch (which is necessary for EasyTuTu). My biggest concern is that I am unable to install EasyTutu because it says I am missing bgate2.mpi which is unfortunate since it seems like a really good mod.  I have seen a few older topics where this problem also occurs with the 4 in 1 boxset but I haven't found any fixes. Is there one?

Edit: For anyone else who needs BGate2.mpi I have uploaded it on mediafire- http://www.mediafire.com/?wbmw34lms9k2p46 - All you need to do is put it in your Baldur's Gate II directory and EasyTuTu will install without a problem.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:53:23 AM by Time Mage »

Phantom Watchdog

Re: Dungeons and Dragons Anthology Installation and EasyTuTu
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »
I'm getting the exact same problem. I also tried installing the manual tutu and couldn't get it to work either. Has anyone figured out a workaround yet?

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
Try the following and see if it solves anything for you:

1) complete uninstall & delete all folders and files in reference.  Use a program like Revo Uninstaller to assist if neccessary (google for a link)

2) once clean, reinstall BG (sans totsc)
 2a) use a custom location rather than the default location. this is especially true on the Windows OS
 Example:  C:\games\Baldurs-Gate

3) initialize game settings -- do this by:
 3a) run config.exe and set any features that you want, else go with the default
 3b) start the game, create or import a character, allow the prologue intro to play
 3c) once you are at the game screen with your avatar available to use, exit the game (no need to save)

4) install ToTSC

5) repeat step 3 and pay attention to the version # which should be located in the bottom left of the options screen

6) if not version 5512, install the correct patch for version 5512.
 6a) there are US English and UK English versions to know which one to use open the readme.txt file that came with the game
  (if it is the UK version the readme will say that it is, if it says nothing then you have US English)

7) repeat step 3 again to verify the game works

8) repeat steps 2 thru 7 for BG2 SOA & TOB substituting proper version numbers, directories, etc...

OPTIONAL (but strongly encouraged): backup your game.  don't need to really back everything up, but it's real easy to use 7zip, WinRar or similar and compress the whole game into a backup file.  Will come in handy if you find major problems with the game later on after having installed multiple mods.

9) after everything is tested and works out of the box, EasyTutu may be applied.
 9a) I recommend using the EasyTutu beta installer.  It is real simple and easy to use
 9a1) go to this thread http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,27712.0.html read at least the first post and the fourth post. links are in the fourth post.

Any issues after doing all that, report back with what happened and at which point in the process.

Also if you still get a request for 'disc 6' after installing the ToTSC patch, put whatever disc has the ToTSC content in the drive, it should accept that.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Time Mage

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
The game doesn't allow me to install Baldur's Gate without the expansion. Here is a picture of what I see - http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq327/GreenCard/Screenshot.jpg . Also ToSC is version 5508 and whenever I run the patch it sees the installation but puts the patch files into another folder and I have to cut/paste the contents into the directory myself - this won't cause any problems will it? BG2 installs fine and patches fine. I'll try running the EasyTuTu installation after I patch/initialize the games. I'll update this post when I do.

Offline Time Mage

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 12:22:46 AM »
I don't know how to edit so I'll make another post. I updated TSoC to 5512 and tried to play the game with the DVD in the drive (tried both DVDs) and neither worked. I do have the original CDs but I only have the first 5 and it asks for the 6th so I couldn't even try that.

Edit: lol found it. I have been installing the game into C:\games directory to avoid any problems with UAC. Also I tried installing Easty TuTu after reinstalling, starting up and getting pass the dialogue in BG1, and patching and doing the same for BG II. I received the same bgate2.mpi copy error. Also I read that this uses the GOG installation directory because it is the same as they have on the site.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:38:39 AM by Time Mage »

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
The game doesn't allow me to install Baldur's Gate without the expansion.
Is it one single installation and asks for all the discs sequentially?  Reminds me of Original Saga, but that is v.5521 and in some circumstances has to be patched down to v.5512

Also I read that this uses the GOG installation directory because it is the same as they have on the site.
If it's like GoG, I'm unable to help. That's the one version of the game I don't have access to.  Saga, 5+1 and 4-in-1 installations I could help you with, but not GoG version.  I've seen too many posts about people unable to get mods or the games themselves working.

lol found it.
I hope this means you got it working?
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Time Mage

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 11:27:15 AM »
Is v5512 essential for EasyTuTu? And can someone share the files bgate2.mpi and autorun.ini (maybe autoplay.ini)? I imagine if I am able to download the files and put it in the directory for EasyTuTu to copy that might work.

Edit: I downloaded an ISO for CD 1 for BG2 and used 7zip to extract bgate2.mpi from it. I then put it in my Baldur's Gate 2 directory and ran EasyTuTu. It installed without a problem. I started it up and noticed the different interface immediately and had the option for a racial enemy which I have never seen before. I'm going to edit my original post with a link to this file.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:19:13 AM by Time Mage »

Offline igator210

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »
I just bought this Anthology is hopes to go the whole EasyTutu route.

First, thanks for posting the file "BGate2.mpi". I quickly grabbed that.

Questions...

1) Since EasyTutu needs a "full" install, is there anything that needs to be done differently than just running the standard install included on the dvd?
2) Since the standard install places the different games in folders inside an Atari folder, would it be better to move BG1 & BG2 out of the Atari folder and place them on the C: drive (or some other Folder/File path)?
3) Once TotSC and TOB are patched, was there any other quirks to running EasyTutu?

Nate

Offline Time Mage

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 08:45:20 PM »
1) No.

2) I installed into C:\Games instead of Program Files folder. Not sure if it makes a matters but you can avoid the copy/paste prompts and stuff on Win7.

3) I wasn't able to patch ToTSC (only BGII) but it still installed correctly and open/ran. I ended up playing it normal since I heard EasyTuTu makes the game easier.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 05:11:10 PM »
1) Since EasyTutu needs a "full" install, is there anything that needs to be done differently than just running the standard install included on the dvd?
For BG1, full install means selecting custom and ticking all the boxes. And even then, you might encounter this issue: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,27534.0.html

Offline igator210

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
For BG1, full install means selecting custom and ticking all the boxes. And even then, you might encounter this issue: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,27534.0.html

For the Anthology, there is no 'Custom' install. Just a standard 'setup'. It install 8 games at once. I didn't know if there was anything I had to manually extract off the DVD.

Offline Daulmakan

• Comfortably numb
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »
All the 8? Probably worth it, but the lack of customisation seems overkill.

You'll know if you have to manually copy files AFTER you try to install Easytutu,

Offline igator210

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
So far, going the EasyTutu route has been pretty painless. The Unfinished Business mod is causing me a few issues, but otherwise, everything else seemed to install fine. I haven't actually started playing yet.

As far as installing the game itself, when you put in the DVD you can tell it which of the games you want to install and into what directory. Other then that, there is little you have installation control over.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: