Author Topic: BG1UB v13 beta *download here*  (Read 28648 times)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
BG1UB v13 beta *download here*
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:24:46 AM »
Below the download link of the current pre-version 13 (beta) is provided. 

BUGFIXES
  • Imoen portrait patching now checks whether another portrait was assigned
  • Assigns the SIL script as General script instead of Class script (component "Creature Corrections") to ensure compatibility with "The Lure of the Sirine's Call"
  • Shilo Chen Ogre spawn fixed (Tutu version)
  • Corrected the tp2 so that the Tanar'ri sound fix checks for the right game (BG and BGT versions).
  • Component "Item Corrections and Restorations": Corrected sound reference for Bolt of Lightning
  • added check for Dudley Fix to prevent the wife in Beregost (house next to Jovial Juggler, AR3327) giving two rings if charmed.
CHANGES
  • Scar quest extention more extended (component "Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter"), by jastey: making the ring a unique item, add more reply options that enable to restart the Scar quests if denied at the bridge, added reply options where missing to be able to return to the quests if not finished. Includes fixes of quest rewards. New lines translated by: Salk (Italian), Isaya (French), Ancalagon el Negro (Spanish), Bartek (Polish), prowler (Russian), jastey (German).
  • corrected readme (new Polish translation was wrongly announced as Russian translation); mixed up family name for component L (Silvershield instead of Sashenstar)
  • Files "ppglogofinal.ico" and "bg1ubplaceholder" moved from the backup-folder into the general bg1ub folder
  • Spanish translation completed and proof-read (by Ancalagon el Negro)
  • Ajantis sound fix German version: written lines corrected to the spoken ones of the sound files.
  • For the component "Elven Charm & Sleep Racial Resistance" added check to prevent installation if already installed via BGII fixpack.
  • Journal entry corrections (by Jarl): sorting to SOLVED / UNSOLVED and adding title headers. For the components "Edie, the Merchant League Applicant", "Quoningar, the Cleric", "Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi", "The Mysterious Vial" (BGT and Tutu versions).
  • Changes to the audio restorations of the core changes: Inclusion of audio files into the main mod (no separate download for other languages). For BGT, they will not be installed (all files already imported to BGT). For Tutu they were reduced to the audio files not present in BGII. Installation only for language version where audio files are provided (English, German, French, Spanish).
  • "Corianna, the Petrified Ranger": Reward unified to 100 XP and a potion of mirrored eyes (Creature restorations)
  • Updated to WeiDU v231

For version 13 no additional audio pack is needed. Do not install the separate German, French or Spanish audio packs of earlier releases!

Download here: bg1ub_v13_120121.zip
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 09:29:02 AM by jastey »

Hurricane

Re: BG1UB v13 beta *download here*
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »
Wow, thank you for your hard work!
I'm so happy that you put in all the things I hoped for. :)

Having said that, I now have a first bug report. I tried to install UB in my tiny BGT setup, and for testing purposes I simply installed all the components at once. Everything installed fine except the Mysterious Vial.

WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #0 // BG2 Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil): v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #3 #3 // BG2 BETA Fehlerbehebungen (Hauptteil)   (schaut bitte in die Liesmich Datei!): v9.01
~TP/SETUP-TP.TP2~ #0 #0 // MKs BG2 Textpatch Revised: v3.4
~BGT/SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #4 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogie - Hauptteil: 1.12 (12 Jun 2011)
~TP/SETUP-TP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Namenanpassungen (wenn Ihr BGT installieren wollt, installiert diese Komponente danach): v3.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #0 // Wiederherstellung des zweiten Levels der Eisinsel: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #2 // Zusaetzliche Begegnung mit Elminster: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #3 // Angelo bemerkt Shar-Teel: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #4 // Loesbares Karavanenabenteuer mit Kagain: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #5 // Coran und die Lindwuermer: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #6 // Kivan und Tazok: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #7 // Branwen und Tranzig: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #8 // Safanas Flirten: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #9 // Angemessene Belohnung von Albert und Rufie: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #10 // Entar Silberschild in seinem Haus postieren: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #11 // Scar und Sashenstars Tochter: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #12 // Quoningar, der Kleriker: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #13 // Shilo Chen und die Ogermagi: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #14 // Edie, der Bewerber fuer die Haendlerliga: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #15 // Verstaerkungstruppen fuer die Soeldner der Flammenden Faust: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #16 // Korrekturen von Kreaturen: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #17 // Wiederherstellung von Kreaturen: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #18 // Wiederherstellung von Namen der Kreaturen : v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #19 // Wiederherstellung von kleineren Dialogen: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #20 // Wiederherstellung von Toenen: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #21 // Korrekturen und Wiederherstellungen von Laeden, Tavernen und Wirtshaeusern: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #22 // Korrekturen und Wiederherstellungen von Gegenstaenden: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #23 // Korrekturen und Wiederherstellungen von Gebieten: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #24 // Bleibende Leichname: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #26 // Korrekturen der originalen BG-Saga Musikabspielliste: v13_120114
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #1 #27 // Korrekturen von Sarevoks Tagebuch: v13_120114

Debug file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7nc9p25nsoskkhz

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »
Thank you, Hurricane! I still haven't got a BGT install, therefore I didn't test it. The error was due to a really, really... not smart try of mine to split extra BGT dialogue versions.

The link above is corrected and should work in about 5 minutes.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 01:28:35 AM »
jastey,

the version above is not working on a BGT install.

Changing from this:

Code: [Select]
ACTION_IF ("%tutuorbgt%" STRING_EQUAL "Tutu") THEN BEGIN
  COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~bg1ub/vial/cpm/ubvial.d~
END ELSE ACTION_IF ("%tutuorbgt%" STRING_EQUAL "BGT") THEN BEGIN
  COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~bg1ub/vial/cpm/ubvial_BGT.d~
END
END ELSE BEGIN
  COMPILE ~bg1ub/vial/ubvial.d~
END

to this:

Code: [Select]
ACTION_IF ("%tutuorbgt%" STRING_EQUAL "Tutu") THEN BEGIN
  COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~bg1ub/vial/cpm/ubvial.d~
END ELSE BEGIN
  ACTION_IF ("%tutuorbgt%" STRING_EQUAL "BGT") THEN BEGIN
    COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~bg1ub/vial/cpm/ubvial_BGT.d~
  END ELSE BEGIN
    COMPILE ~bg1ub/vial/ubvial.d~
  END
END

fixes it

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »
One more thing.

When I install the component Ice Island Level Two Restoration WeiDu tells me:

'Could not find bg1ub\*.ogg': The system cannot find the file specified.

Otherwise it installs successfully. Is it normal?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 04:54:54 AM »
Thank you very much for the reports, Salk! The download is updated and [insert optimistic phrase here]! :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 05:10:58 AM »
The download link is updated with completed Italian translation!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
Link is updated with completed Spanish translation!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 06:41:43 AM »
Link is updated with completed Russian translation.
For Tutu, the sound installation had a bug concerning the version detection which is fixed now.
For BGT, now the "mysterious vial" component should not only install correctly, but should also have the right strings installed!

I would be happy if someone would check on the strings for BGT: Please install the mod and have a look at e.g. Berrun.dlg. Thank you!

Hurricane

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 08:14:59 AM »
Done. The good news is that BERRUNG.dlg now looks exactly the way it should, including the new journal headers! The bad news is that I now get a bunch of warnings during the setup, always saying that "setup.tra is being used", so half the components are installed with warnings. Have a look at the debug file. I uploaded it using my SHS forum account. I hope anyone can access the link when simultaneously being logged in at the SHS forums. If it doesn't work please let me know. debug file

I also had a look at the revised Tutu sounds code. I saw you changed the %language% check, and I think it is correct now. Just one question: I believe (not sure!) that Italian users now get the English sounds again (versus no additional sounds at all). Is this intended?

Hurricane

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 08:16:23 AM »
Nevermind about the last paragraph, just saw your post in the Journal Entries thread.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 08:26:19 AM »
Sorry for the warnings, I turned on the MODDER tag. Will be out for the next version (or, at least, for the final release). The install should be fine!

If you want to suppress the warnings, open the setup-bg1ub.tp2 and put to // in front of MODDER.

Thank you for checking the dlg. I cannot believe I finally did it right!

Hurricane

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »
Just to confirm, I just did a new install without the MODDER tags. No warnings. It seems that all components are working fine right now, at least I couldn't make out any other problems. Very well done! :)

Now that v13 is coming closer, I should say that I still want to submit the updated German translation I started working on last year (with the corrected sound references). I know it's long overdue, but please don't release v13 without it. You are welcome to give me a deadline! Your effort shouldn't be delayed because of my laziness.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 09:46:32 AM »
There is no real deadline. I am still hoping for some translations / sound files, and it doesn't hurt to get some more test reports.
I am looking foreward to receiving your revised translation! Are you using the new tra files (I did some minor changes, and adjusted the Ajantis text lines to his sounds, just because I was working with them anyway.)?

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 10:03:33 AM »
I tested out the quest "The tainted ore." in a new BGT 1.13 installation and it seems to work fine.

I tested with:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BERRUN")
Talked to Berrun and got the "Investigate the Nashkel mines"
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC85")
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("SCRL2W")
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC87")
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("POTN48")
Talked to Berrun again and completed the quest "Investigate the Nashkel mines". Got the quest "The tainted ore"
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("TAEROM")
Talked to Taerom. He took the tainted ore and directed me to Thalantyr.
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("THALAN")
Talked to Thalantyr and completed the quest "The tainted ore". He took the vial.

Thanks for giving this mod some love!

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 10:18:22 AM »
Everything installs fine on BGT and Berrun's dialogue is now flawless!  ;)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »
Thank you, hook71 and Salk! That seems to be debugged.

Salk: Is there any chance you could extract Italian BG1 sound files for me? http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,22315.msg328853.html#msg328853

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »
Salk: Is there any chance you could extract Italian BG1 sound files for me? http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,22315.msg328853.html#msg328853

I'd love to. Problem is, I myself use the english version of the game and I don't have access to those files.  :(

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
Oh, sorry! I assumed you have the Italian one. But look who is talking - currently, I only have English version(s), too!  ;)

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »
Looked through the UB*-files and found the following typos:

UBQUON.DLG

It is hard for me to pursue my meditations in the bustle of this city. Could I ask your assitance in obtaining a potion of mind focusing?
(StrRef: 87841)

assitance -> assistance

Please, unless you have a potion of mind focusing, I must return to my near-futile motivations.
(StrRef: 87843)

Shouldn't it bee meditations instead of motivations?

UBMERCH.DLG

I've heard a lot of stuff lately.  Iron seems to be hard to come by, what with the bandits and the faulty Nashkel ore.  Trouble seems to be brewing betwen Baldur's Gate and Amn.  I wouldn't be too surprised if a war broke out between the two.
(StrRef: 87724)

betwen -> between

UBBA0133.DLG

I need nothing or the moment, though your offer is appreciated.
(StrRef: 76350)

or -> at

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 11:49:00 PM »
Well spotted!  ;)

Those typos are in the extra_tmp.tra file.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 07:34:09 AM »
Thank you! Corrected the typos locally. (Btw: the StrRef numbers are valid for your modded game, only.)

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »
Looked in extra_tmp.tra and found the following:

~The Black Talons are a group of mercenaries, they're part of the group who's been raiding the merchant caravans.  I just got lost in a raid a couple days back, some of the Flaming Fist had been doggin' my steps.  There, I've told you want ya wanted to hear.~

want -> what

~Hey bud, we should drop by the Undercellar and chick out the fest girls.  How 'bout it?~

chick -> check. I guess this might be a rather weak joke though?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
Hmm.. I realised they are actually original BG1 lines.. Should we correct them nontheless?

Offline hook71

• Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »
I can't see any harm in that. No need to propagate the errors...

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: