Author Topic: TUTU or not, that is the question.  (Read 5014 times)

Offline aernor

• Planewalker
TUTU or not, that is the question.
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:06:42 PM »
Looks like I got BG1 Unfinished Business installed, and now have can I install TUTU, (and then TUTU enhancements??)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: TUTU or not, that is the question.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 12:27:33 PM »
Not exactly. EasyTutu(=newer and better Tutu in English) is not just a mod, it's a whole engine conversion. And it needs an unmodded install of BG1 and TotSC, which means you have to run that Setup-bg1ub.exe first and choose U for uninstall.

What you have to do is go here: http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/ - and read VERY carefully - it's simple, it's easy, but you have to read the instructions first. You will install your EasyTutu, get a whole new BGEasyTutu directory for BG1 in BG2 engine, and then you'll be able to install mods, including Tutu enhancements, yes.

And since you haven't been installing mods for a while, here's another reminder: before installing mods, every game(including Bg1, and EasyTutu, when you install it) needs a clean backup: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=17555 - read more here.

Offline aernor

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »
How much, if any, control do you have over the transition? I remember playing BG1 a long time ago and being really p****d off to find that my main character had forgotten half his spells, lost a ton of hit points and all his equipment. Others fared worse.
And how about the NPCs, lots of new ones I see and lots of old ones, how do they fare?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »
You get to export your old character at the end of the EasyTutu game and import him or her to BG2 - at least that's what I've always done. XP, spells and such are transitioned flawlessly.
All BG2 NPCs, including Imoen and Jaheira, and certainly mod NPCs like Kivan and Xan have their own new BG2 cre files, but your protagonist imports fully, including any changes made to his or her stats(equipment disappears, but you can cheat by pressing pause at the beginning of your BG2 game and placing all equipment on the bottom of the cage, you probably know that). You can also export your final BG1(EasyTutu) save to BG2, although I've never tried that.

Offline aernor

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:57:47 PM »
What me transfer equipment .... where did that sack come from. Who hit the 'pause' button?

Just one more question for the moment. Approximately how long does it take to run/load EasyTutu assuming that you install most of the NPCs and Mods?

Thanks for all your help.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »
It's recommended to install only mods you're going to use in the current playthrough, but really it's just the same as BG2. I never noticed any lag or stutter. Please note that your override folder shouldn't be bigger than 500 mb, or you may well experience some lag.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: