Author Topic: Crashes on some characters inventories.  (Read 2202 times)

Uncumber

Crashes on some characters inventories.
« on: September 19, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »

Hi there, I've successfully played BG1 with tutu before on this computer - so I know it CAN work. However I'm having a bit of a problem.

I've installed easytutu and the hotfixes. The problem is that every time I open up some of my NPC's inventories to equip them, the game crashes and I have to close it. So far the problem has happened with Khalid and Shar-Teel. I've recruited Imoen, Viconia and Jaheira and it doesn't happen with them.

It might be worth mentioning that I did first install the npckits, but I figured that might have been the problem so I uninstalled tutu, then reinstalled it without the npckits. Obviously the problem is still persisting.

Any help would be massively appreciated, I want Shar-Teel in my party! Thanks for reading, I'd be happy to post any more information regarding it all.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Crashes on some characters inventories.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 11:50:17 AM »
You never uninstalled the NPC Kits. I am guessing the files are still in the override folder.

Uncumber

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »
to my knowledge it is uninstalled, if I run the npckits setup everything is uninstalled in it - and I just started a new game and ran through to Khalid and he's an ordinary fighter, not anything I changed it to previously. So I'm sure it is uninstalled - but it still crashed when I loaded his inventory.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 02:19:28 AM »
It's not the NPCKits, it's the two handed sword in the NPCs inventory and your screen resolution being in the unsupported setting in the BG2... if you want larger than 1024x768 resolution, you need to install the Widescreen mod after Tutu and all the other GUI changing mods.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: