Author Topic: Multiplayer woes...  (Read 2833 times)

Goat

Multiplayer woes...
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »
When I try to start a multiplayer game the screen freezes, then goes black. I've noticed it works if I turn on 3D Acceleration, but then the whole game gets glitchy movement and slow reaction to clicking. I read somewhere that increasing the cache might help, but it didn't for me, I have it at 900mb and nothing is different.  :(

Any ideas?

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Multiplayer woes...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »
It is normal for the screen to freeze for 5-6 seconds or so. How long does this last?

Goat

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 11:47:49 AM »
A good while, just checked and it turns out that if I wait long enough Windows tells me it has stopped working and that it is shutting the program off.

Goat

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 11:13:27 PM »
No more ideas?  :(

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »
Not from me.

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 04:33:49 AM »
I've noticed it works if I turn on 3D Acceleration, but then the whole game gets glitchy movement and slow reaction to clicking. ...
Does the game work in single player mode ? Any better, at all ?

To get rid of the lag, you need to do most of the stuff in this list.

Goat

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 09:04:28 PM »
If I leave 3D Acceleration off single player works fine, but multiplayer not at all; with it on they both work, but both are glitchy.. I am now of the opinion that it is not Tutu that is to blame, but rather conflicts with running some very old programs on a brand new computer. I will try out the recommendations from your link, thank you.

Goat

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »
Well, I followed what I could make sense of from that link, no changes. I was about to try "Run programs made for previous versions of Windows", but I noticed that when I right-clicked Tutu there was an option on the menu to toggle between Integrated graphics (the default) and my fancy 1gb NVIDIA, turns out 3D Acceleration runs smooth with the NVIDIA. LOL. So in the end nothing seems to matter, but dumb luck. I do however greatly appreciate the help given, it was kind of you to take the time to try, thank you.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: