Author Topic: Item Upgrade - "No valid replies or links"  (Read 25583 times)

Malek

Item Upgrade - "No valid replies or links"
« on: December 04, 2010, 05:15:03 AM »
I installed Item Upgrade mod yesterday - at first it worked fine, but when I went to him today I'm getting "no valid replies or links" message in red letters when he reaches components for "Gloves of Pick Pocketing" - it didn't happen before, and I didn't install any new mods in the meantime. Anyone can help me or am I going to have to reinstall the whole thing and hope for the best?  :-\

Malek

Re: Item Upgrade - "No valid replies or links"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 05:48:59 AM »
Heh. I managed to figure out what's happening - apparently it happened because I had two rings of protection +1 in inventory - drop one, and the dialouge goes on fine. No idea *why* - it always broke on "Gloves of Pick Pocketing" recipe, and it only seems to break with rings of protection - I spawned myself a pair of shields of harmony to test it and the dialouge went on without any problems. Perhaps someone will be able to find and squash the bug.

Speaking of bugs and shield of harmony - that upgrade is broken, at least for cromwell. He upgraded it for me with only Beljuril, no control circlets nor brine potions.

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »
Thanks for that awesome report! :D I don't suppose you''ve installed the "Revised consistency plus" version cause I found the bug (that I caused :P) thanks to you ... happens with c2brac01 (the gloves), c2ring04 and c2dagg01 - borked OR()'s. Hopefully, it can be easily fixed :)

I'll have something up within an hour ... or something

Malek

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 07:13:13 AM »
Yes, I installed revised consistency plus. I mostly did that because readme seems to offer no information what's the difference between the two options (hint, hint :P) and thus "revised" seemed a safer choice.

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 07:22:51 AM »
Ohhhhh ... I guess I'll do something about the readme too then :P

Anyway, you also mention something abour the harmony shield ... I don't see anything wrong in the code that could lead to that :o (unless maybe somehow your itemcodes got changed :P ... which isn'y very likely)

PS: I'm revising pretty much every recipe again (got a chance put some of the stuff I learnt in college about "logic" to use here ;D)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 07:24:24 AM by Lollorian »

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 07:55:34 AM »
Okey doke :)

Here's changeloggy: (skipped it in the updated readme cause I dunno what version you guys may wanna update to :P)
Version XXX:
- Fixed NVLORs in recipes for Girdle of Glory, Teleomortis +4, Gloves of the Master Thief, Quietus +4, Inevitable Entropy & Creeping Chaos, Ring of Elemental Mastery, Sorcerian Ring and Enhanced Robe of the Good/Neutral/Evil Archmagi.

Here's a package with just the updated files (there's no changelog in the readme so please add it in when the version number is decided :D)

Btw, this is what I added to the readme :P

Code: [Select]
Starting from v38, there are 2 sub-components for both SoA and ToB components:

1) Original Version: This is Wes Weimer's original item upgrade mod where
you can actually *tell* Cromwell and/or Cespenar through
dialogue about what to upgrade.

2) Revised Consistency-plus version: In order to bring the upgrades more
in-line with how vanilla Crom/Cespy upgrades happen
(they rummage through your stuff and tell you what they
can do with the items) this component lets Crom and Cespy
find what they can work with without you specifying. Like
vanilla, you can still tell them to ignore the item if you
want :)

PS: Malek, if you need to use the fix, you'll have to uninstall the mod, overwrite the mod's files with the new package and reinstall the mod :) Sorry for the trouble!

Malek

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 09:59:36 AM »
Ooookay. Another problem - Girdle of Glory recipe doesn't trigger for some reason. I admit I had to use console to give myself Golden Girdle (since as a non-mage player I can't get it legally, thank you oh so very much Black Isle... ahem, sorry for that outburst) - could this be a problem? (note: installed your hotfix above before visiting cromwell so I can't tell if it's a general problem or problem with the fix)

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
Ah thanks! :) Tried my best to avoid ANY loopholes now ... fix at the same place (part deux)

The problem affected the Robe of G/N/E Archmagi too btw :P (the girdle recipe needed ALL 3 greenstone sources - amulet, ring AND stone to trigger ... although it used only one of them for the recipe :P)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:35:37 AM by Lollorian »

Malek

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 12:16:19 PM »
(wouldn't know about Robe of G/N/E Archmagi - Robe of Vecna FTW :P)
Thanks for the fix - yay, 3 more AC for my Kensai xD If you don't mind me being a bother pressing some more questions: I know that "not all reagents taken" is a known bug, but how common is it supposed (for lack of better term) to be? So far I had that happen to me with:
-Sorcerian Ring (Metaspell Amulet was left)
-Improved Ankheg Plate (blue scroll was left)
-Gridle of Glory (*everything* was left - yes, Cromwell took nothing except gold)

That's 3 out of 4 items I upgraded, hence the question. Also some additional stuff noticed:
-Shield of Harmony upgrades without brine potions/mind flayer control circlet as I mentioned in my second post
-Both Gridle of Glory and Sorcerian Ring played no animation, while I believe other two did

Also, bonus question - I took a peek at the codes in hotfixes and noticed something like this:

TakePartyItemNum("misc20",1)
DestroyItem("misc20")
DestroyItem("misc20")
DestroyItem("misc20")

Any particular reason to do it like this instead of:

TakePartyItemNum("misc20",3)
DestroyItem("misc20")

or even:

TakePartyItemNum("misc20",3)
DestroyItem("misc20")
DestroyItem("misc20")
DestroyItem("misc20")

If DestroyItem works once per item? Honestly curious :P

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »
Frankly, I left it like that cause the original version used (and still uses) it :P

Looking at the code, I have no clue why the ingredients aren't being taken or why the anims aren't playing ??? The dialogue correctly goes to state 56 which triggers the cutscene which contains the anim ... bah! It should work ... unless it's somehow being interrupted :(

Anyhoo, are the NVLORs solved? Does Crom/Cespy detect everything?

PS: Both of your codes should work without problems in case you're wondering :D

Malek

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2010, 05:04:51 AM »
Anyhoo, are the NVLORs solved? Does Crom/Cespy detect everything?
No idea to be honest - I visit Crom/Cespy on "need to have" basis, so I'll only spot errors if I gather components for something that interests me. Though if I run into anything buggy I'll be sure to post about it :P

Malek

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »
Rejoice! Another bug for you - Teleomortis recipe doesn't "see" String of Gesen (not that I would rob myself of Gesen bow but anyway...).

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 11:03:33 PM »
I should really try to test out the "fixes" before sending them out :P Too bad my rig isn't in prime condition atm ...

Here's to you, Malek!

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies! :'(

Offline Angelsfury

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
Hi Lollorian,

Saw you've been updating a bit.  Are the fixes you've posted over at SHS part of a new version, or are they to be used with v38 from Weimer's site?  I ask only because my install, while large, isn't BWP,  and I want to get these fixes into my current playthough (just got the first error Malak mentioned) - a qucikinstall rundown would be great.  Thanks so much.

Angelsfury
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:19:14 PM by Angelsfury »

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 08:25:36 PM »
Heya there! :D

Yup they're supposed to be in a new version but will have to be manually installed until the guys who create the package see it :) The "full_update" thing from here should be the only package you need. Now to actually use the package ...

1) Run setup-itemupgrade.exe, choose language and [U]ninstall it.
2) Extract the "full_update" package over your BGII-SoA installation (make sure all files in the new pack overwrite the older files ... everything should :P)
3) Run setup-itemupgrade.exe again, choose a language and [I]nstall the components that you need
4) Run game for WIN!!! :D

Offline jbravo

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »
Thanks for fixing the No Valid Links bug and keeping this fun mod updated.

I also wanted to report that this mod is incompatible with one specific feature of G3's BG2 Tweak Pack mod:

Wear Multiple Protection Items
This component allows players to wear more than one "X of Protection" item at a time. Players have their choice of two different implementations (from Ease of Use and G3/Tutu Tweaks respectively):

The G3/Tutu P&P Tweak replaces the normal Ring of Protection +1 (RING06) with ring06cd (+1 AC/+1 Saving Throw) that can be converted into cdring06 (+1 Saving Throw) and vice versa.  It also replaces the Ring of Protection +2 (RING07-->ring07cd/cdring07) and I would assume the Cloaks of Protection and Amulets of Protection are likewise replaced.  Players can use Shadowkeeper to import the original magical items into their inventory for Cromwell to use.

Offline jbravo

• Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:37 AM »
Encountered a bug. Cromwell promised to make a Staff of Elemental Mastery for me, took my 3 staves and my gold, but gave me a Ring of Elemental Mastery instead.

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 01:50:20 AM »
Encountered a bug. Cromwell promised to make a Staff of Elemental Mastery for me, took my 3 staves and my gold, but gave me a Ring of Elemental Mastery instead.
<facepalm> Fixed! Thank you ;D

The G3/Tutu P&P Tweak replaces the normal Ring of Protection +1 (RING06) with ring06cd (+1 AC/+1 Saving Throw) that can be converted into cdring06 (+1 Saving Throw) and vice versa.  It also replaces the Ring of Protection +2 (RING07-->ring07cd/cdring07) and I would assume the Cloaks of Protection and Amulets of Protection are likewise replaced.  Players can use Shadowkeeper to import the original magical items into their inventory for Cromwell to use.
Ok I looked at the tweakpack .tp2 and I'm stumped :D And even if the tweakpack versions become compatible (I add new recipes for them) the resulting upgraded rings/cloaks/amulets won't be usable with multiple protection items :P

Best solution imho would be to check for the tweakpack component and add recipes for their items AND patch this mod's items to be usable with multiple protections ... now if only someone could donate the code to patch these items :P

Anyway, full update to v38a is this package :) Follow steps in my reply to Angelsfury to use it :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:18:59 AM by Lollorian »

Offline jbravo

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 07:56:45 AM »
Ok I looked at the tweakpack .tp2 and I'm stumped :D And even if the tweakpack versions become compatible (I add new recipes for them) the resulting upgraded rings/cloaks/amulets won't be usable with multiple protection items :P

If I understand you correctly, I don't think it's a problem.  According to the ItemUpgrades Readme, "Currently none of the items count as "magical items" or "magical armor", so you may wear them and rings of protection at the same time."

Thus, I've been able to equip the Ring of Preservation +2 while wearing the Cloak of Protection +2. 

If you want to modify Item Upgrades to use the new rings in the Tweakpack, maybe you can treat the ring requirement in recipes like the bloodstone requirement for the Girdle of Glory.

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 10:38:51 AM »
In that case ... EN GARDE! ;D

This is gonna need a lotta changes to many recipes ... heh heh (oh boi :P) The bloodstone thing was a bloody pain! Ah well :D I'll have something up in a few hours then.

Barring brand new recipes and item stat changes, I'm all for compatibility and fixes!

EDIT: Ofcourse, there's still gonna be the thing that you'll need the same versions of the stuff for recipes that use multiple prot items (2 cdamul14s OR 2 amul14cds but NO cdamul14 + amul14cd) ... but working around that would be tedious, oh-so-tedious!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:27:40 AM by Lollorian »

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2011, 12:21:57 PM »
As promised! Here it is :)

Note that the recipes that need multiple prot items i.e. the amulet of Ilmatar (2 amus) and gloves of master thief (2 ring +1s) need the SAME version of the item to work :P Added a note about that in the "Known Bugs" section of the readme!

PS: Didn't test this btw ... 8)

Jonathan A

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »
Hmm.. another odd bug.

I had the sorcerian ring made up earlier.

Then I had both the 4th head of the flail of ages attached, and then the white dragon scales made up by cromwell, and both times I got another sorcerian ring.

Jonathan A

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 03:24:34 PM »
Ok, every upgrade is giving me more sorcerian rings.

Also once I do the upgrade and get the item. The next 2 times I talk to him he just says the "Well, there ye go, me friend..."

So I'm wondering if I've got some mod incompatibility...

Jonathan A

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 03:43:06 PM »
Ok, I did a re-install of the mod and it appears to be behaving itself now.

Sorry!

Jonathan A

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 04:19:41 AM »
As promised! Here it is :)

Note that the recipes that need multiple prot items i.e. the amulet of Ilmatar (2 amus) and gloves of master thief (2 ring +1s) need the SAME version of the item to work :P Added a note about that in the "Known Bugs" section of the readme!

PS: Didn't test this btw ... 8)

Hmm, ok I tried to install this version and got:

ERROR: internal label [XO#ItemUp02] appears 3 times in processed DLG [WSMITH01]
ERROR: postprocessing [WSMITH01]: Failure("cannot resolve label")
Stopping installation because of error.

Any ideas?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: