Author Topic: Crashes/problems in Easytutu...?  (Read 8240 times)

Offline Taitiana

• Planewalker
Crashes/problems in Easytutu...?
« on: February 26, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
Last week I finally started to play Baldur's Gate for the first time, though not without installing Tutu/a banter mod.

But of course there's been problems-and I'm pretty sure the banter mod has nothing to do with it...
-Game crashes when I kill a skeleton
-Bandits, when they die, glitch out and when I try to loot them the game crashes
-Game (sometimes) crashes when I right click on a item
-Some bugs that are more funny then anything else, though start to get annoying after a while...IE Jahid (sorry if I spelled that wrong) has the portrait of a girl and the voice of one, Imoen has the voice of Minsc...(heheh...fixed that by giving her a cursed belt that turned her into a guy...)

I can live with the screwed up portraits/voices of my companions but the crashes are pretty much game-breakers. And I probably haven't found all the problems yet so I need to fix it before it goes haywire on me.

Does Tutufix fix most of these problems? If so, which version should I try out? (Have the BG2 expansion...)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Crashes/problems in Easytutu...?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 02:49:33 PM »
It's likely (very likely) a bad (mod) installation. If Macready was here, I think you'll probably be asked to replicate your problems on a clean install of Easytutu.

I can only give you my universal advice:
1) make sure you have a clean Easytutu installation handy, always. This is created by creating a "clean" backup(override directory, baldur.exe, chitin.key and dialog.tlk) - then, if you ever needed a clean EasyTutu install, you could delete your mod folders, override folder and weidu.log, and restore a clean backup. Saves time reinstalling.
2) Most causes of problems are bad installs of mods(any mods, really). Mods themselves are okay, it's just something went wrong during the install. So, when you install mods, do not install mods with the game running, do not run two mod installators at once, and certainly never install patches after mods.

That's it. If you follow these rules, restoring a clean backup(or, if you don't have one, then installing EasyTutu anew) and reinstalling BG1 NPC and starting a new game generally helps. Also, before installing any mods on EasyTutu, check that your game runs stable. It may crash from time to time, but by stable I mean that portraits and sounds should remain as they should be.

Also, when in trouble, please post the contents of your Weidu.log when reporting here.

And welcome to PPG!

Offline Taitiana

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
Other then the backup...I installed everything very cleanly-all my games installed, updated with all the correct updates. And my WeiDu file is kinda...uninteresting, only burdened with one mod's log. (I installed Easytutu because I needed it for this one mod that I wanted to have badly.)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #19 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts in the Cloakwood Forest: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #21 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Wyrm's Crossing: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #23 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Baldur's Gate: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable Until In Party: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open Cloakwood Lodge (first Cloakwood area only): v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds: v18
~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v18

Oh, and thank you for the welcome! (Edit.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:00:02 PM by Taitiana »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
Yeah... yeah, that's what I'm saying - something went scrambled, and since it's not possible to tell which and at what stage(clean EasyTutu, or during BG1 NPC install), since you don't have a clean backup, you might need to spend half an hour and reinstalling the whole thing.

(Sorry: it's midnight in here, so turning out. That is, if crazy celebrating folks in the next apartment let me sleep. :) So, hey, maybe your situation is better than mine now. Best of luck!)

If you take my advice, DON'T install "Walking speeds" component - in fact, try uninstalling it, maybe it'll help. Though probably it won't. It's just that Walking Speeds components in all mods are scary, and get lots of bug reports throughout the universe - BG walking speeds and Tutu just don't match. Other components are fine(I _think_ I had a problem with "Starting Locations" components, but it's not important).

Offline Taitiana

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 03:19:56 PM »
Hmm...I guess I'll try the reinstallation route.

Thanks! And I'm sorry for the slight noobiness. And good luck with the insane neighbors. You could always call the cops if they go too insane, though...

Offline Taitiana

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
 :o

It's working! All I needed to do is reinstall Easytutu! My save is alright and skeletons don't have a timebomb that goes off when they die...

For reasons of curiosity, I kind of knew what may have been the source of the problem though didn't know I could do anything about it.

It was the patching during the first Easytutu install. It randomly screwed up-waited a hour but it was still patching so had to cut it off. It worked this time. (Now I feel foolish since I forgot to add that earlier. Sorry bout that.)

*Tears of joy of a pitiful noob in extreme ectasy*

Thank you!  :-yin All is right in my immediete world.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: