Author Topic: I cant play SoA or continue to it! Only Throne of bhaal and Baldurs Gate 1.Help!  (Read 22731 times)

Jonathan

Hello folks!

So recently i decided to play the entire Baldurs Gate trilogy through - From Baldurs Gate 1 - Throne of Bhaal. But to improve my experience even more, i heavily modded the games, only using "done" mods here from Pocketplane.

Though, there is a problem!

After i killed Saverok, nothing happens. I am just stuck in a cutscene, i cant move or anything. And nothing happens.
So after trying to resolve the problem alot of times, i finally gave up and thought "to hell with the xp from Saverok and the ending movie. I'll just import my latest save to Baldurs Gate 2 - Shadows of Amn.

And here comes the real problem.

I have installed Baldurs Gate 1 + Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal.
But to start Baldurs Gate 1 +TOTSW, i need to open the Baldurs Gate Throne of Bhaal shortcut, or baldurs gate exe. Then, the titlescreen comes up with Throne of Bhaal where i can click configure, or play or whatever.

After i click play and after the intro cinematic stuff, i come into the menu where i can choose to play throne of bhaal or Baldurs Gate 1, using the enhanced features from Baldurs Gate 2 engine.

BUT! There is no option to play Baldurs Gate 2, Shadows of Amn. (I actually managed to import my final save from Baldurs Gate 1, into a whole new game in Baldurs Gate 1. Thus, starting as a pretty badass lvl 9 paladin in Candlekeep.)

Or i can start a new game in throne of bhaal and import my final save from Baldurs Gate 1 there, thus gaining the extra levels that i would have gotten in SOA and all that (Here, funnily enough, all my companions from Baldurs Gate 1 goes with me to the talking head thing in the start of Throne of Bhaal.)

But i cant play Baldurs Gate 2 - Shadows of amn. And i cant continue to it, because i dont know how to start it, and i dont know if it would continue to it after the ending movie from Baldurs Gate 1 that never happened.

So. What should i do?

Best Regards:
Jonathan

Offline Martha

• Planewalker
Hm, very far from an expert here, but as I do have a lot of reinstalling experience I have the utmost sympathy for your problem.

I think the first thing the mods will need is a more explicit description of your problem -

as in: which mods did you install?
did you install any patches/fixes?
and which version of tutu?
(preferably if you remember, in which order did you use the mods/fixes, some can mess up your game if you take them earlier or later than required)

I've installed tutu several times, but somehow I never ended up without a screen for BG-SOA/BG-TOB. Are you sure it's tutu and not trilogy?

Never heard that you're supposed to be able to go on playing after the final battle - as far as I know you're supposed to export your character and important it into BG2.

*crosses fingers* Good luck, I hope someone can help you. If not, believe me. Reinstalling isn't as bad as going without BG.  ;)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
First, you must have two separate game, BG1+TotSC and BG2+ToB, in _different directories_. They mustn't cross anyhow. So, if BG2:SoA isn't working on your computer, it shouldn't be in any relation to BG1 installation.

To get your BG2:SoA to run, first you need a clean reinstallation. Read here for more details.
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555.0
- patch only(latest NON-BETA patch); no mods. Make a clean backup.

Then make sure your SoA game runs properly. Then post a new topic here, or at Forums.gibberlings3.net or at shsforums.net with your list of mods, listen to the recommendations and then install mods carefully one by one. Don't overdo it - twenty mods may be too much for the first time. Then play.

Good luck!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Er, Jonathan, it sounds as if you installed Tutu? Would you post your weidu.log, please, that is in the BG main folder (to be opened with any editor). I would be especially interested in the weidu.log from your BGII game.
If you installed Tutu, then your "BGII" game is currently a Tutu game, meaning you can play BG1 with the BGII engine. But let's see what it sais.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: