Author Topic: BG2 SoA + ToB help from experts.  (Read 1921 times)

GuruX

BG2 SoA + ToB help from experts.
« on: October 11, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »
I have the discs of BG2 Soa and Tob, and downloaded the official patches for each. I havent installed anything yet.

From what ive read, this mods i should get:

Unfinished Business
Ascension for TOB
Tactics for SOA/TOB
Ease-of-use for SOA/TOB (the bugfixes)
Flirt packs for SOA/TOB (romances more interactive)
Baldurdash gametext update
Baldurdash bugfixes
Ascension (all)
Tactics (no improved mindflyers or improved Ilyich)

Now, how is the order of installing of the game, expansion, patches and then mods?

Please help this noob. Also if you think im missing a mod or using one that i should, let me now.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: BG2 SoA + ToB help from experts.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 02:22:15 PM »
Your list seems a little outdated: I'd recommend BG2 Tweaks from Gibberlings3.net instead of Ease of Use(it incorporates all EoU stuff), and BG2 Fixpack from Gibberlings3.net instead of Baldurdash(all Baldurdash fixes and then some, easier to uninstall). Then I'd do this order:

Fixpack/Baldurdash
Ascension
Tactics
Unfinished Business
Flirt Pack
Bg2 Tweaks

Check other mods, too - there are various quest/enhancing mods around. SCS from Gibberlings3.net offers good tactics, too, for example.

GuruX

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 02:41:35 PM »
Thanks a lot for your help. What about the order of installation of the game, the expansion, patches and mods?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:27:55 AM »
The usual: Install SoA, make sure it runs, then install ToB, make sure it runs, then install the ToB patch(not beta patch! the one that ends with "8" in its number). Run the game once, make sure it's okay.

Then I advise to backup your installation: copy the whole override directory, baldur.exe, bgmain.exe, chitin.key and dialog.tlk in a separate folder or an archive.

Then install mods one by one. Make sure that the game(or Shadowkeeper) aren't running as you're installing patches or mods, and make sure you're not installing two mods at once. This should work.

Good luck!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: