Author Topic: Nalia Romance Music  (Read 9697 times)

Offline Jaxsbudgie

• Planewalker
Nalia Romance Music
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »
Before I say anything, I'm enjoying the mod thus far, just been to the funeral and already It's hooked me in.
One thing though that distresses me is the romance music, I have to turn the music off because it distracts me too much from the text on screen.
I liked the Jaheira and Viconia romance music because they faded into the background, whereas the Nalia romance music jumps out at me and almost battles with the dialogue.
Any way I can replace it? I have a few songs in mind, I understand there may be issues with converting the files and such.
Would it be easier to use an existing song from the game? Like the one used in the Solaufein mod?
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks again.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Nalia Romance Music
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:56:57 PM »
The easiest and quickest thing to do would be to replace override\pgnalia.wav with whatever you want to hear (encoded either as a standard WAV file, or as a WAVC). If you don't want to risk having to do this every time you go through a mod update/reinstall process, you can instead replace the file dearnise\audio\pgnalia.ogg with whatever you want to hear (encoded as an Ogg Vorbis file.)
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Jaxsbudgie

• Planewalker
Re: Nalia Romance Music
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 03:33:14 PM »
The easiest and quickest thing to do would be to replace override\pgnalia.wav with whatever you want to hear (encoded either as a standard WAV file, or as a WAVC). If you don't want to risk having to do this every time you go through a mod update/reinstall process, you can instead replace the file dearnise\audio\pgnalia.ogg with whatever you want to hear (encoded as an Ogg Vorbis file.)

Thanks for the speedy reply, the files wasn't in my override because I used the generalised biffing program. But I managed to replocate the original and replaced it with the same name, does it matter if it's in lower case, the original was PGNALIA.

In case anyone was interesting, I replaced it with an edited version of this song: Goldfrapp - Clowns (Instrumental)

Edit the second: I've done it, no worries! Ignore the first Edit if you saw it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:49:47 PM by Jaxsbudgie »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: