Author Topic: Fresh Run!  (Read 3479 times)

Offline Lady Ladile

• Planewalker
Fresh Run!
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:10 PM »
I've not posted here in a long time, but I just wanted to post and say that I'm starting a fresh IWD run with this mod for the first time and I'm really looking forward to it (having played the Xan mods for BG1 & BG2/ToB)!  Since there's not been a ton of activity here lately, I wasn't sure if you're still taking bug and typo info. for future versions?  Only reason I ask is that I ran into a typo playing around in Easthaven and wasn't sure if I should post about it or any others or not.  Anyhoo, I'm sure this will be a great adventure; I may post my progress/thoughts as I go :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Fresh Run!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 12:30:51 AM »
Hello!

Sure, typo reports are welcome, if they do not hinder your playthrough.

I don't know if you're going to like it as much as Xan's "we're all doomed" adventures, but hopefully you'll have fun with character interaction here. Enjoy your game!

Offline Lady Ladile

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 03:45:16 PM »
It's been almost a month, but I'm slowly making progress on my game.  I went to HoW after the start of Chapter 4, and am currently nosing around in the Gloomfrost area.  Actually haven't noticed but one or two typos throughout the game, but I'll go ahead and post the ones I did find:

Speaking to Churin in Easthaven at the Start

Churin - "When when the fish is spawning, we don't approach the shore."

Holvir & Teri (Speaking of Egenia)

"What makes you think so? There are always ways and paths. Look at us: we made it to Dragon Eye."

Teri & Severn (one of the lower levels of Dragon's Eye)

"But if I find a signpost to Jewellery Chamber..." - Maybe should be "signpost to the Jewelry Chamber"?

That's all that I've noticed thus far.  Anyhoo, I'm enjoying the characters and the fact that they're all rather low-key compared to most of the modded NPCs out there, which makes for an interesting experience.  I especially enjoy that everyone is growing to like everyone else and become a team of friends.  Good work so far!  :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it, and thank you for the typo reports!

Offline Lady Ladile

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:12:26 PM »
Finished the TotL section last night; still enjoying myself!  Here are a couple more typos I've noticed:

TotL: Skulls in the Dungeon
Severn: "So, as long as we treet these skulls with reverence, it is going to be all right, eh?"

TotL: Teri vs. Holvir (Post Slime Attack)
Teri: "But he betrayed his master! And even so, matryr he may have been, but he is no saint."

TotL: Nella & PC (Caves)
Nella: "We are so different, and so are the places we travel through. Still, it is marvellous how we..."

TotL: Korin & Severn (Drawing)
Korin: "A few excursuses into some areas of magical theory and technique? I could provide that for you, but little else."  Excursions sounds appropriate here.

*Edit* Didn't realize that excursuses was an actual word! I learned something new  :-[

I hope you don't think I'm deliberately trying to nitpick on spelling and such; I usually make mention of typos I notice for any mod that I play because I figure it couldn't hurt to mention it.  :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:26:51 PM by Lady Ladile »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 12:17:53 AM »
Thank you! "marvellous" is okay, I believe : I tend to slip to British spelling. Glad TotL went smoothly.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: