Author Topic: Easy Tutu, Hard Times and weapon proficiencies?  (Read 6166 times)

Marcus

Easy Tutu, Hard Times and weapon proficiencies?
« on: February 03, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »
This thread was originally started at the g3 forums:
Hello, I am playing BG1 using Easytutu v4 with BG1NPCv18, Hard Timesv2, Degreenifier, Widescreen and Sword Coast Stratagems v13.

I am on chapter 3 and have visited the entire available map, more or less. I have found no magic weapons at all, a few magic armors and robes. I have found just 3 "excellent" weapons which has a bonus. All of them have the BG1 proficiences that aren't in BG2.

For example: An "excellent halberd +1" has "spear" as proficiency

An "excellent short sword +1" has "small sword" as proficiency

An "excellent long sword +1" has "large sword" as proficiency.

I have searched like mad, but found no mod that fixes proficiences in Bg1 to match the ones in BG2.
I want them to have the right BG2 proficiencies instead of the old BG1 ones that my characters don't even have.
Any suggestions?

btw, I must say SCS + Hard Times is... very hard, especially when facing lots of mages. I need a magic weapon or two to balance things, even if they're only +1...

Marcus

Re: Easy Tutu, Hard Times and weapon proficiencies?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:21:53 PM »
Come on, I cant be the only one who uses hard times and wants my weapons to have proficiencies? Anyone?

Hobgoblin

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
Sorry, I can't help you, but at least now I know I sholdn't be installing Hard Times... Thanks!  :P

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 10:41:39 PM »
Excellent weapons are from the SCS component "Replace many magic weapons with fine ones".  The issue should only be a cosmetic one.  In other words, it's a typo in the description and the actual item uses whatever proficiency you'd expect it to.

Marcus

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 05:51:08 AM »
No, the THAC0 listed in my character screen when wielding these excellent weapons tells me that it's not cosmetic. Perhaps the problem is related to the install order of hard times/scs.

Cause there are no +1 weapons at all in my game, and no magic weapons either. The only weapons I've found after 40+ hours of playing are the ones I listed in the first post, and I've checked all their proficiencies and it is not a cosmetic thing, they all use the BG1 proficiencies. Right now, I am better off using standard weapons than using the excellent ones, since my proficiencies are more important than the +1 bonus from the weapon being excellent. I can't be the onyl one having this problem?

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 04:01:03 PM »
Neither Hard Times nor that SCS component alter weapon proficiencies from what I can tell.  Could you upload one of these items somewhere so I can take a look?

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »
"Excellent" weapons are not a component of Hard Times.  HT does reduce the proliferation of magic equipment considerably, though.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: