Author Topic: Converting Item Upgrade  (Read 54062 times)

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
Converting Item Upgrade
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:49:03 AM »
Heya :)

There's been a lot of stuff about IU nuking Crom and Cespy's dialogues because of the unconventional way in which it presents its upgrades. I've been trying to create a patch that converts all of the upgrades to standard BGII-ToB style (the smiths check the backpack and tell us whether there's something upgradeable) and I've converted all of the upgrades into separate .d's that can be compiled (using aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing mod as a reference :P)

That's when I hit a snag, the standard way requires atleast 3 dialogue lines per upgrade (intro, ingredients needed, ingredients found) but IU just has 1 line for each Crom upgrade and 2 for Cespy's upgrades :) So, I wanted your opinion on adding the missing lines (intros and requirements for Crom and just requirements for Cespy) cause I may need to ask for help :P

Like I said, I don't intend to repackage IU, but coded up a patch that uses REPLACE_TEXTUALLY to convert IU to use the new .d's (while copying the .d's, 2 .baf's and their .tra into a separate folder in IU) As such, the patch would need to be installed before IU. I have an installable copy (with extremely few dialogues :P ... but I've copied the relevant lines from IU's setup.tra) uploaded here. (removed cause of newer version below)

Thank you for your time ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:13:45 PM by Lollorian »

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Converting Item Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »
Well, if there's a superior approach, you may as well repackage it and let me post it. But by all means, work it out first.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:34:07 PM »
Aye good sir :) I'll test it out a bit to make sure.

I'm apprehensive of including the code within IU unless someone other than me tests it out :P (it'd really be bad if IU got blamed for something that my edit breaks)

And then there's the thing about the missing lines. Would it be ok if I make a request for someone who can write like Crom and Cespy in SHS, G3 and (if possible) PPG?? :) To be honest, I'm not a writer, so it'd be awesome if someone more wordy were to think up the lines!

Btw, this looks like a typo with IU in its present state. Line 327 in crom.d and line 332 in cespy.d should probably have been:
Code: [Select]
TakePartyItemNum("leat20",1)   DestroyItem("leat20")(it currently tries to destroy leat21 :)

PS: Might I mention that the new method doesn't break Cespy's additional soundset? ^_^

EDIT: Well, I tried out a few upgrades (with and without the ingredients, gold etc) ... had them forge them too, and it looks like it works pretty well :P (if you can ignore the utter lack of dialogue ;D)

Here's a link to a new package: IUPatch_a3 (I forgot to replace Cespy's dialogue in the old one)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:45:21 PM by Lollorian »

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »
Ok, I have full dialogues and the patch is now perfectly usable :) This package has all the files that are needed by IU (the modded .tp2, and 2 sets of .baf's and .d's ... and only the english translation of the new lines) The pack just contains the modded files (and should overwrite the extracted IU package), none of the items or other stuff needed for IU are included :P

<see last post for latest pack>

Also, if you want me to keep the patch separate from IU (cause of translation troubles) ... a separate package :)

<see last post for latest pack>

The part i'm most concerned about is the translations though (I had to change some numbers to make it faster to type :P) Sorry and thank you!

Btw, I changed the checks for 4 of the recipes based on the original dialogues :P

1)  Gloves of the Master Thief -> checked for brac17 now checks for brac14, ring35, ring36 as well (both dialogues refer to a thief's kit)
2)  Amulet of Ilmater -> checked for amul22 now checks for amul24, amul25, amul14 as well
3)  Sorcerian Ring -> checked for ring08 now checks for ring40, ring06 as well
4)  Girdle of Glory -> checked for belt03 now checks for belt02. belt04 as well
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:45:03 PM by Lollorian »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
Is there a way to get permission from The Grand Old Master to allow updating the mod directly, instead of putting a patch? This, and Cespy's Audio extracting itself to bgii - soa/override/override? If it is a matter of testing, I can volunteer to doublecheck everything but translations, and I bet the BWP folks would volunteer to test those.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 04:41:31 PM »
I control updates on weidu.org and yes, I'm happier just putting up a new version doing things in a new method, so long as I have some reasonable assurance that things work correctly.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 08:03:05 PM »
Awesome and thank you both ;D

Leomar suggested I ask for translations, so I've done exactly that :) The BWPFixpack also has a fix relating to c2ax1h01.itm, so I'll include that and whip up a full package when all the translations arrive.

Offline Azazello

• The Anti-Spammer
  • Planewalker
    • Azazello’s Music Profile at Last.fm
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 06:21:26 AM »
I control updates on weidu.org and yes, I'm happier just putting up a new version doing things in a new method, so long as I have some reasonable assurance that things work correctly.
Can we get this statement Sticked? Possibly globally on all forums?

We oldheads know about it but most younguns think the Weimer mods are sacrosanct. (They are, but still...)
Community Contributions
Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls
========================================
"Deception has many faces. Truth...has only one."

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 07:33:59 AM »
We oldheads know about it but most younguns think the Weimer mods are sacrosanct.
You mean they aren't?? :o Oh the horror :P

I learnt some stuff about Cromwell's upgrades today :) So he won't act like some kinda flash-memory-kinda-guy after the upgrades :P (right now, after each upgrade, he directly skips to his "good day to ye..." dialogue)

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 08:08:05 AM »
Lollorian, remember to check against existing mods to see where/how they integrate.... I suspect you have already taken that into account, as the problem comes up because other mods try to work with the same dialog. Please send me a PM when you want me to test :)

Offline berelinde

• Planewalker
    • Gavin, cleric of Lathander, for Tutu
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 08:20:16 AM »
Rather than arbitrarily setting ForgeItem to 1 or some other value, in this case, I would recommend making a minor change to wsmith01.dlg. Since you are affecting multiple items, and since there's no sense fixing what isn't broken, you're better off maintaining as much compatibility wth other mods as possible.

APPEND WSMITH01

IF ~GlobalGT("XO#ItemUp","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN ws1
  SAY #59797 /* ~Well, there ye go, me friend.  Use it well.  And if ye comes across anything else of interest, ye knows where to bring it, aye?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("XO#ItemUp","GLOBAL",0)~
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
END

Otherwise, you're good to go.

PS - I love your personal prefix. It sounds like the closing salutation on a love note. ;)

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 08:28:31 AM »
Please send me a PM when you want me to test :)
I am honored ;D Will up a new package as soon as I make sure it installs fine :P

@berelinde: Doing exactly that right now!

PS - I love your personal prefix. It sounds like the closing salutation on a love note. ;)
And I thought it looked like a smiley :P

EDIT: Well, this pack's much better :) Now Crom tells you enjoy the item after the upgrade and Cespy's .d's got trimmed to prevent a whole load of dupe states being added. And some of the upgrades were missing their "No. What else can ya upgrade?" option (just overwrite the existing IU files and install :)) Works awesome with the soundset ;)

IUPatch_Integrated_v2 (please use the v3 below ... this one can't upgrade items that have multiple sets of ingredients :P)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:11:27 AM by Lollorian »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »
Two things to doublecheck, please -

#1 -

BEGIN @2
REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ @3 // ToB

Does this work on BiG World and other installs? Or should folks be using Miloch's areas, or simply GAME_IS? We are lookig for the safest most widely non-screwuppable check for ToB on BG2 and BGT installs on this.

#2 -

I think I remember a different CBLUN item problem with this mod, back in the day - is this the full repair?

// change MoD +5 to use MoD +1 BAMs instead of generic mace
COPY_EXISTING ~BLUN25.ITM~ ~override~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x3a ~IBLUN12~ #8
  WRITE_ASCII 0x58 ~CBLUN12~ #8
  READ_LONG   0x64 "abil_off" ELSE 0
  READ_SHORT  0x68 "abil_num" ELSE 0
  FOR (index = 0 ; index < abil_num ; index = index + 1) BEGIN
    WRITE_ASCII ("%abil_off%" + 0x04 + ("%index%" * 0x38)) ~IBLUN12~ #8
  END
  BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

If these are ok, then I am setting up a test install on vanilla | baldurdashed | fixpacked and then adding some mods which extend the Cr/Cy sets, checking against CamDawg's tutorial. I will probably have some time tomorrow evening in betweenother tests, so please let me know if these are good to go...

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
Does this work on BiG World and other installs? Or should folks be using Miloch's areas, or simply GAME_IS? We are lookig for the safest most widely non-screwuppable check for ToB on BG2 and BGT installs on this.
I think Miloch's areas would probably be better (who knows what kinds of stuff may happen to .bif's in the future :D ... people might try to unpack them or something ... for performance and stuff :P)

From Aurora:
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar5503.are~ BEGIN //ToB
I think I remember a different CBLUN item problem with this mod, back in the day - is this the full repair?
That's probably the stuff related to this:
Version 24:
        * Installing the mod now changes the Mace of Disruption +2 icon so
          that it looks like the MoD+1 icon. Thanks, Moonfruit.
this looks like a more serious problem (seems to be already fixed :D)
Version 33 (updated by CamDawg):
        * Fixed broken index for c2blun02.itm. On OS X, a bad index causes
          BG2 to crash to desktop. Additionally, the indexing error can
  cause other mod installations (i.e. Quest Pack) to fail.

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 11:12:29 AM »
Heya again :)

I was trying out some of the upgrades and hit some stuff ... specifically, Haer'dalis' swords can't seem to be upgradable using the Mage version of greater malison (scrl5i) but it works using the cleric version (scrl5w) ??? And in that same recipe, 2 glitches happened ...

1) The normal cutscene (of Crom working at the forge) didn't fire and he immediately gave me the item (it seems to happen at random or something ... I get the cutscene during one game, but reload and try the recipe again and I get no cutscene the second time :P)
2) He didn't take the greater malison scroll (I had both version in the inventory at the time) ... I looked at the code and he should've done that :(

And other than that, I see that the original recipe checks for poisoned throwing daggers (dagg16) even though there's no mention of them in the dialogue :P So I removed them :D

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 04:07:47 AM »
Ok, I tried some nasty workarounds for the 5 recipes that have multiple sets of ingredients :P They now choose which ingredients get destroyed based on (un)importance of the ingredients :) So result is that HD's swords can now be upgraded with either scroll :D So ...

IUPatch_integrated_v3

Should probably be the final stuff until translations come around :) (I got spanish courtesy of Ancalagon el Negro!)

Changelog:
- IU now uses standard BGII-ToB upgrading methods (translations by:
* Ancalagon el Negro (spanish)
- Added README tag
- Added Lich's fixed c2ax1h01.itm (http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/showpost.php?p=903720&postcount=1008)
- Expanded item checks for Gloves of Master Thief, Amulet of Ilmater, Sorcerian Ring and Girdle of Glory
- Smiths now properly destroy Aeger's Hide +3 (used to destroy Human Flesh +5)
- Smiths no longer take Poisoned Throwing Daggers when doing Haer'Dalis' upgrade

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
Ready for some testing?

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 11:15:16 AM »
Woohoo!! ;D ... I mean, yes :P

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 04:54:23 AM »
I'm extremely sorry if anyone's already started testing the v3 :'( but there was a small glitch in the Girdle of Glory recipe (the recipe was only doable with the Bloodstone gems ... amulets & rings even if you had more than 3, didn't count :()

Reuploaded the IUPatch with what was probably the last bug :)

IUPatch_Integrated_v4

PS: If you're already using the v3 (installed and running), don't bother with v4 (will probably be more pain than gain for such a small fix :P)

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 11:31:31 PM »
Heya again ;D

I just noticed that some people still like the older "list" method for the upgrades. With the regular method clogging up Cespy/Crom's dialogue if there's too many items that could be upgraded ...

Well, I'm also a proponent of choice :P So, might I ask whether it'd be a good idea to have separate components for the upgrade-style?? You know like:
Install Component [SoA Item-Upgrade]?
  1] Original Item Upgrade list-style
  2] Vanilla Cromwell-looks-for-stuff style

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 10:01:33 AM »
It's not my call, but as long as both components are written so that existing mods are not messed up (for example, modification of the big original add-to-this state such that an existing mod patches into the wrong one and no longer allows upgrade), I think that is up to you and how much time you want to put in.

I am about an hour away from test installing and running out decompiled .dlg on this, if you are ready.

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of leaving the current patch method as is for the "Original Item Upgrade style" component and just adding the new code as a SUBCOMPONENT (along with the first one). So purists can have the original IU, while folks after consistency with the vanilla upgrades can install the revised code :) Like how many NPC mods allow alternate portraits and such :P

As for testing ... cheerleader squad (and fire brigade) on the ready :D

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
Changelog: v38 prerelease:

docs (all versions of the readme)

[code]
        * March, 2010 - "Lollified", repairs and fixes by < http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?action=profile;u=4491>Lollorian</url > at Pocket Plane Group
* IU now uses standard BGII-ToB upgrading methods (translations by: Ancalagon el Negro (spanish)
* Added README tag
* Added Lich's fixed c2ax1h01.itm (http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/showpost.php?p=903720&postcount=1008)
* Expanded item checks for Gloves of Master Thief, Amulet of Ilmater, Sorcerian Ring and Girdle of Glory
* Smiths now properly destroy Aeger's Hide +3 (used to destroy Human Flesh +5)
  * Smiths no longer take Poisoned Throwing Daggers when doing Haer'Dalis' upgrade
* Upgraded to WeiDU v214

Recheck of package confirms changes are present - the REPLACE_TEXTUALLTY (and the compile) are done using lolwot instead.

Installing on vanilla.

EDIT:/

ok, looking at vanilla vs v37 vs new (v38) shows all changes seem to have been applied well, and most importantly state 13 is still the important list state in wsmith01. For decompiled v37 botsmith and wsmith01 vs v38 same, see this file .

Quick check of a mongo list of mods for wsmoth01 shows

Search "wsmith" (187 hits in 37 files)
  D:\ie_checkfiles\ACBRE_43\ACBre_V4\D\ACBREJ_2.D (15 hits)
   Line 623: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 0 AC1stCrom
   Line 626: ==WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("ACBre")See("ACBRE")!StateCheck("ACBre",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN
   Line 1698: ==WSMITH01 IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @586
   Line 1698: ==WSMITH01 IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @586
   Line 1699: ==ACBREJ IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @587
   Line 1699: ==ACBREJ IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @587
   Line 1700: ==WSMITH01 IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @588
   Line 1700: ==WSMITH01 IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @588
   Line 1701: ==ACBREJ IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @589 = @590
   Line 1701: ==ACBREJ IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @589 = @590
   Line 1702: ==WSMITH01 IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @591
   Line 1702: ==WSMITH01 IF ~InMyArea("WSMITH01")!StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @591
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Ajantis_BGII_Beta0219\c#ajantis_sva\dialogues\ajantis_cromwell.d (4 hits)
   Line 1: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 13
   Line 6: APPEND WSMITH01
   Line 73: COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
   Line 106: COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Ajantis_BGII_Beta0219\c#ajantis_sva\dialogues\romance_underdark.d (6 hits)
   Line 275: == WSMITH01 @68
   Line 277: == WSMITH01 @70 DO ~FadeToColor([20.0],0) Wait(2) FadeFromColor([20.0],0) Wait(1)~
   Line 280: == WSMITH01 @73
   Line 282: == WSMITH01 @75
   Line 284: == WSMITH01 @77
   Line 288: == WSMITH01 @81
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Ajantis_BGII_Beta0219\c#ajantis_sva\scripts\c#ar0334.baf (3 hits)
   Line 12:      ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 26:      ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 40:      ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Ajantis_BGII_Beta0219\c#ajantis_sva\scripts\romance_add.baf (3 hits)
   Line 622:    See("WSMITH01")
   Line 623:    !StateCheck("WSMITH01",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
   Line 644:       StartDialogueNoSet("WSMITH01")
  D:\ie_checkfiles\amber-v2.5\amber\dialogs\m#amber.d (6 hits)
   Line 1290:   IF ~~ THEN EXTERN WSMITH01 M#3
   Line 1295:   IF ~~ THEN EXTERN WSMITH01 M#4
   Line 1300:   IF ~~ THEN EXTERN WSMITH01 M#5
   Line 1310:   IF ~~ THEN REPLY @5204 /* @5204 = ~All right Amber, I'll respect that. Let the sword remain as it is. Do I have anything else that would be of interest?~ */ DO ~ActionOverride("M#Amber",SetDialog("m#amberj")~ EXTERN WSMITH01 M#9
   Line 1315:   IF ~~ THEN EXTERN WSMITH01 M#7
   Line 1320:   IF ~~ THEN EXTERN WSMITH01 M#8
  D:\ie_checkfiles\amber-v2.5\amber\dialogs\m#npcapp.d (26 hits)
   Line 3410: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 13
   Line 3414: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~WSMITH01~ 13
   Line 3437: APPEND ~WSMITH01~
   Line 3493:     COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
   Line 3543: ADD_STATE_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 58
   Line 3546: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 13
   Line 3548: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 13
   Line 3550: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 19
   Line 3553: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 23
   Line 3556: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 33
   Line 3559: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 38
   Line 3562: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 43
   Line 3565: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 48
   Line 3568: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 51
   Line 3571: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 54
   Line 3575: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 13
   Line 3581: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 19
   Line 3599: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 23
   Line 3615: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 33
   Line 3628: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 38
   Line 3639: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 43
   Line 3648: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 48
   Line 3655: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~WSMITH01~ 50
   Line 3661: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 51
   Line 3667: EXTEND_TOP ~WSMITH01~ 54
   Line 3674: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~WSMITH01~ 54
  D:\ie_checkfiles\amber-v2.5\amber\scripts\m#ar0334.baf (1 hits)
   Line 10:       ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\BTL\aD&L\Interj.d (18 hits)
   Line 3073: Global("KKFindCrom", "GLOBAL", 1)~ THEN WSMITH01 KKFindCrom
   Line 3075: == WSMITH01 IF ~Global("GreetCrom", "GLOBAL", 0)~ THEN
   Line 3082: == WSMITH01
   Line 3086: == WSMITH01
   Line 3096: == WSMITH01
   Line 3100: == WSMITH01
   Line 3105: == WSMITH01
   Line 3109: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 58
   Line 3124: COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 58
   Line 3125: // EXTERN WSMITH01 13
   Line 3127: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 0 wsmith01-0
   Line 3127: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 0 wsmith01-0
   Line 3128: == WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("Kova") InMyArea("Kova")
   Line 3134: == WSMITH01
   Line 3144: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 58 wsmith01-58
   Line 3144: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 58 wsmith01-58
   Line 3145: == WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("Kova")
   Line 3152: == WSMITH01
  D:\ie_checkfiles\BTL\aD&L\Items.d (2 hits)
   Line 5: EXTEND_BOTTOM ~WSMITH01~ 58
   Line 14: APPEND ~WSMITH01~
  D:\ie_checkfiles\CtBv1.11\CtB\dialogs\app&ext\WSMITH01.D (5 hits)
   Line 1: EXTEND_TOP WSMITH01 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 58
   Line 10: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER WSMITH01 13
   Line 21: ADD_STATE_TRIGGER WSMITH01 58                     /*was ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER*/
   Line 27: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 13
   Line 64: APPEND WSMITH01
  D:\ie_checkfiles\CtBv1.11\CtB\scripts\append\apbt0334.BAF (1 hits)
   Line 9:       ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\CtBv1.11\CtB\scripts\append\aptp0334.BAF (11 hits)
   Line 13:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 29:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 45:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 62:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 70:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 87:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 95:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 112:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 120:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 137:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 145:       ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\CtBv1.11\CtB\text\CtB- Readme.txt (1 hits)
   Line 16: 3) This is a weidu mod.  If you don't know what that means, don't worry.  Its just the way the mod was built, so as to allow for multiple mod installations.  It has some good points and bad points.  The good point is that you can install other weidu mods in conjunction with CtB and both should work.  The bad point is that Check the Bodies is a huge and encompassing mod, and overwrites a large number of original files, like Jaheria's dialog or the worldmap.  I haven't yet completely altered the installation process to change this.  Most original dialogs have been updated for v145, with the exclusion of Cromwell's (WSMITH01.DLG), though many areas (ARE files) have not.  My point is that because this is one of the larger mods, up there in size with DSotSC, TDD, TBP, etc, I suggest to you to install CtB FIRST, then install any other weidu mods.
  D:\ie_checkfiles\CtBv1.11\Setup-CtB.tp2 (3 hits)
   Line 1013: COMPILE ~CtB/dialogs/app&ext/WSMITH01.D~
   Line 1176: COPY_EXISTING ~WSMITH01.CRE~ ~override~
   Line 1177:   WRITE_ASCII 0x258  ~WSMITH01~   //Race script
  D:\ie_checkfiles\EMaD_v4_\EMaD\Forgery\forgery.d (1 hits)
   Line 1: APPEND ~WSMITH01~
  D:\ie_checkfiles\EMaD_v4_\EMaD\Tegenk\cromappend.baf (1 hits)
   Line 11:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\EMaD_v4_\EMaD\Tegenk\tegenk.d (3 hits)
   Line 302: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 58
   Line 306: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 0
   Line 310: APPEND ~WSMITH01~
  D:\ie_checkfiles\EpicEndeavours1.0.4_Windows\eeconv\dialogues\WSMITH01.D (1 hits)
   Line 1: BEGIN ~WSMITH01~
  D:\ie_checkfiles\EpicEndeavours1.0.4_Windows\eeconv\scripts\lh0334.baf (9 hits)
   Line 9:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 20:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 31:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 45:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 58:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 70:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 82:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 94:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
   Line 106:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\EpicEndeavours1.0.4_Windows\eeconv\setup-eeconv.tp2 (1 hits)
   Line 598: ~eeconv/dialogues/wsmith01.d~
  D:\ie_checkfiles\HRD_V7\Sheena\Dialogues\K#sheenj.D (5 hits)
   Line 1583: INTERJECT WSMITH01 0 SheenaCromwell1
   Line 1586: == WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("k#Sheena") !Dead("K#Sheena")~ THEN
   Line 1590: == WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("k#Sheena") !Dead("K#Sheena")~ THEN
   Line 1594: == WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("k#Sheena") !Dead("K#Sheena")~ THEN
   Line 1598: END WSMITH01 13   
  D:\ie_checkfiles\ImprovedAnvil_v5\ImprovedAnvil\dlg\crom.d (3 hits)
   Line 2: REPLACE WSMITH01
   Line 142: APPEND WSMITH01
   Line 1615:     COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
  D:\ie_checkfiles\MorrowGateV9D\MorrowGate\english\MorrowGate.tra (1 hits)
   Line 349: @70 = ~ARCANE ARCHER: The Arcane Archer is a warrior skilled in using magic to supplement his or her combat prowess.  Master of the bow and student of magic, the Archer is an arrowsmith of the highest calibur.  The Archer's sharp eyes and enhanced vision are not easily decieved by hostile illusions.
  D:\ie_checkfiles\MorrowGateV9D\MorrowGate\readme.txt (1 hits)
   Line 210: The Arcane Archer is a warrior skilled in using magic to supplement his or her combat prowess.  Master of the bow and student of magic, the Archer is an arrowsmith of the highest calibur.  The Archer's sharp eyes and enhanced vision are not easily decieved by hostile illusions.
  D:\ie_checkfiles\MunchMod_v2.7_\Munchmod\dlg\Crommy.D (3 hits)
   Line 3: REPLACE WSMITH01
   Line 15: APPEND WSMITH01
   Line 97:      COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
  D:\ie_checkfiles\MunchMod_v2.7_\Munchmod\snip\sAR0334.baf (1 hits)
   Line 12:         ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Neht_v2.73a\Neh'taniel\Dialogue\SK#Neht.d (4 hits)
   Line 3313: == WSMITH01 @1041 DO ~SetGlobal("CromwellRelic2","GLOBAL",1)~
   Line 3315: == WSMITH01 @1043
   Line 3317: == WSMITH01 @1045
   Line 3319: == WSMITH01 @1047
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Neht_v2.73a\Neh'taniel\Dialogue\SK#Smith.d (4 hits)
   Line 1: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 13
   Line 6: APPEND WSMITH01
   Line 20:  IF ~~ THEN REPLY @6 DO ~SetGlobal("ForgeItem","GLOBAL",0)~ EXTERN WSMITH01 12
   Line 25: COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Neht_v2.73a\Neh'taniel\Scripts\SK#0334.baf (1 hits)
   Line 12:    ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Neht_v2.73a\Neh'taniel\Scripts\SK#Neht.baf (1 hits)
   Line 6049:   See("WSMITH01")  // ~Cromwell~
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Neht_v2.73a\Setup-Neh'taniel.tp2 (1 hits)
   Line 553: // COPY_EXISTING ~WSMITH01.cre~ ~override~
  D:\ie_checkfiles\tyrisflare-v1\TyrisFlare\Dialogue\G#TYRISJ.d (15 hits)
   Line 60: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 13
   Line 64:       !Global("G#TF.CromSeenArmour","GLOBAL",1)~ DO ~SetGlobal("G#TF.CromSeenArmour","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#1.1
   Line 68:       Global("G#TF.CromSeenArmour","GLOBAL",1)~ EXTERN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#2.1
   Line 71: CHAIN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#1.1
   Line 74:   == WSMITH01 ~Ye've got some spirit in ya, girly.  I like that.~
   Line 78:   == WSMITH01 ~Oh is <PRO_HESHE> holding the purse strings then?  So what's it to be?  Do you want me to fix up this lassie's armour?~
   Line 80:   ++ ~What's involved in that?~ EXTERN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#1.2
   Line 81:   ++ ~No, I don't think so.  Do we have anything else of use?~ EXTERN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#1.3
   Line 83: APPEND WSMITH01
   Line 91:     ++ ~No, I don't think so.  Do we have anything else of use?~ EXTERN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#1.3
   Line 96:     COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
   Line 101: CHAIN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#2.1
   Line 104:   == WSMITH01 ~So what'll it be?  Do you want me to fix up this lassie's armour?~
   Line 106:   ++ ~What's involved in that?~ EXTERN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#1.2
   Line 107:   ++ ~No, I don't think so.  Do we have anything else of use?~ EXTERN WSMITH01 UpgradeArmour#1.3
  D:\ie_checkfiles\Weimer-ItemUpgrade-Latest\c2\dlg\crom.d (3 hits)
   Line 2: REPLACE WSMITH01
   Line 61: APPEND WSMITH01
   Line 760:     COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
  D:\ie_checkfiles\yikari_v14\Yikari\Yikari.tp2 (2 hits)
   Line 322: EXTEND_TOP WSMITH01 13 #26
   Line 328: EXTEND_TOP WSMITH01 84 #4
  D:\ie_checkfiles\zymisc2\Z#Misc\Dialogue\Interj.d (18 hits)
   Line 3074: Global("KKFindCrom", "GLOBAL", 1)~ THEN WSMITH01 KKFindCrom
   Line 3076: == WSMITH01 IF ~Global("GreetCrom", "GLOBAL", 0)~ THEN
   Line 3083: == WSMITH01
   Line 3087: == WSMITH01
   Line 3097: == WSMITH01
   Line 3101: == WSMITH01
   Line 3106: == WSMITH01
   Line 3110: EXTEND_BOTTOM WSMITH01 58
   Line 3125: COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 58
   Line 3126: // EXTERN WSMITH01 13
   Line 3128: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 0 wsmith01-0
   Line 3128: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 0 wsmith01-0
   Line 3129: == WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("Kova") InMyArea("Kova")
   Line 3135: == WSMITH01
   Line 3145: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 58 wsmith01-58
   Line 3145: INTERJECT_COPY_TRANS2 WSMITH01 58 wsmith01-58
   Line 3146: == WSMITH01 IF ~InParty("Kova")
   Line 3153: == WSMITH01

So, states 13 and 58 are the big ones to check on, and a full check of Amber to make sure all those

Line 3546: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 13
   Line 3548: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 13
   Line 3550: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 19
   Line 3553: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 23
   Line 3556: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 33
   Line 3559: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 38
   Line 3562: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 43
   Line 3565: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 48
   Line 3568: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 51
   Line 3571: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER ~WSMITH01~ 54

entries in Amber don't accidentally shut down anything on the new install if Amvber is installed after ItemUpgrade.

(lowercasing everything in the package too so it can be set up for osx and linux easily).

EDIT:

with Amber and then Item Upgrade, things look good from the .d - reversing it also looks good - in both cases, it looks like Amber's stuff tucks in fine. Proof is in the pudding, though - it looks like a test install of the package I am posting

[ removed  ]

just needs a quick test in-game with the following mods:

ACBre
Ajantis_BGII
amber
BTL
CtB
EMaD
EpicEndeavours
HRD_V7\Sheena
MunchMod
Neht_v2.73a
tyrisflare
yikari_v14
Z#Misc

don't bother with ImprovedAnvil_v5, as the mod does

REPLACE WSMITH01
  IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 13
    SAY #59707
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @0 GOTO regular

following up with a reply state that does
  IF ~~ THEN BEGIN regular
    SAY @1
    COPY_TRANS WSMITH01 13
  END
IA would have to go first, but with the reconstruction there adding mods afterwards might provide some oddities - but the troubleshooting forum for the mod is behind a paywall, and the modder states that the playing experience provided by his work  needs to be unhindered by extraneous mods, so my advice is to simply not bother. If you really want to run it down, just working with it placed at the front of the install is probably the safest.

I am out of time for today, but will post the updated package in a sec, and Monday or Tuesday I have a vacation so I will run out a few mods on an install, CLUA over to Crommy, and create some items/join some folks and see what happens. It looks like everything will be ok, though - good work![/code]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:01:36 PM by cmorgan »

Offline Lollorian

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
Mucho gracias ;D

I tried to keep both components apart (while bloating the .tp2 from 9 kB to 25 kB :D) Also changed the ToB checks to Miloch's area...

Here's the file that'll let YOU decide what kind of Crom/Cespy you want :) (I think I should also try to DESIGNATE the new components to 10 and 20 to avoid breaking mods that check for components 0 & 1 of IU :))

Now about the test-list :P

@EpicEndeavors: Isn't that a total conversion?? Is it compatible with all the other stuff in that list?
@Neh'taniel: Is now in v4.3 :P
#Yikari: USes duplicate code from the original IU to make the Celestial Fury recipe work for ITS custom Celestial Fury! Unfortunately it will still show up in list form unless the author changes the code (or adds 2 components if you're using the 25 kB IU .tp2 :P)

Also, I tested with all of them except ACBre, CtB and EpicEndeavours if that counts for anything :P It works ... it freakin works (so happy ;D)

I noticed the .dlg's in your v37v38.rar (the first file) - the v37 dlg's are almost half in size compared to the v38 ... is that bloat something to worry about :o

And finally, a polish translation of lolwot.tra will probably arrive soon from the good folks at Children of Bhaal :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:44:21 PM by Lollorian »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 09:44:04 PM »
Epic Endeavors - I think you are right, it is a TC, and therefore may not need testing with anything else - I have the install space, so I might give that a try. Cross that one off, unless someone has an "Epic-d Install" ready to sacrifice from testing; they call on the file, so checking is good.

Dialog bloat at this level is not a problem. bg1npc blows things sky-high with no big difficulties; in a BWP install some of the dialogs for NPCs go upwards of 500+ states with no problem. The problems are more along the lines of what you are addressing - does it break other mods? Does it now allow ItemUpgrade to work peacefully in both traditional and Mega installs? Is it traified with updated translations and readme, so that more folks can enjoy it? Does it work as advertized? Are the items created valid/not corrupt?

Basically, all the stuff you are doing is the right stuff, and a few more states (all of which appear to match/fit in nicely while preserving Weimer's intent) is no big deal. In fact, it looks like it is necessary to bulk up if you are allowing folks to choose.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: