Author Topic: Ascension in French : Bug report  (Read 9180 times)

Fouinto

Ascension in French : Bug report
« on: November 20, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »
Hi,

I've a strange bug when trying to install BigWorld Project in French : I am not able to install BGT if I have previously installed Ascension in French (it works if I install Ascension in English). More infos : http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=43202&st=0&gopid=468645

And I see that Ascension 1.4.23 has this in the changelog :
* Ascension/WeiDU v1.4.23
    + Updated the French translation.

I guess something went wrong

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Ascension in French : Bug report
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »
You're going to have to be more explicit about how the installation fails.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Fouinto

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
OK, let me summarize :

I did try a BWP (BigWorld Project) installation. BWP is made for english, german or spanish speaking people...
But with a simple tricks, you can choose in which language each mod will be installed, and that's what I did in order to choose French when available and English in the other case.

Everything seems alright before the installation of BGT. When the installation of BGT run, I get this error (I can't upload files here, so, complete log is attached to the message http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?showtopic=43202) :
Code: [Select]
[BMINSC.DLG] loaded
[BJAHEIR.DLG] loaded
[BEDWIN.DLG] loaded
WARNING: internal label [1] not found in processed DLG [MONTAP]
ERROR: processing .D actions [BG1D/MONTAP.D]: Invalid_argument("index out of bounds")
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Composant principal], rolling back to previous state

First, I thought TDD was the responsible of this problem (since it is one of the mod that alter MANTAP.D).
But I have continued my investigation and discovered that TDD has nothing to do with my problem :
 - If I install every mods in English, , BGT will be installed flawlessly.
 - If I install every mods in French, BGT is not installable (see the error message above).
 - If I install every mods in French, but Ascension in English, BGT will be installed flawlessly.
 - If I install every mod in English but Ascension in French, BGT is not installable (see the error message above).

That's why I think this problem is due to Ascension (since depending of the language you chose for ascension, the installation of BGT will work or not). Reading the Readme.txt of ascension, I discovered that the version I try to install (1.4.23) has updated the French translation. That's why I really think that there is a problem in the French translation.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »
If the BWP guys find something that needs to change, we can change it.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 05:52:05 PM »
Well, if you are using the latest BWS, you won't need to install Ascension, as it's already in the BPv179d and it should work.
Of course it's a bit different if the people use the BWP Ascension, than the regular Ascension, as the BiG World Fixpack should update the 1.4.23... so are you exactly sure it isn't the old BWP version of Ascension, Fouinto?

Fouinto

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 02:05:30 AM »
Here are the mods versions I tried to use :
  • BWS 8.2 ==> (FixPack 8.2.3, InstallPack 8.2.1)
  • Ascension 1.4.23 (from readme... how can i be sure?)
  • BGT 1.08
  • BPv179d.7z
Maybe BWS should put a conflict between Asension and BP ?

Moreover, which one is "regular ascension" and which one is the "BWP ascension"? I have only found one : Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.23.exe

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 10:01:40 AM »
Here are the mods versions I tried to use :
BWS 8.2 ==> (FixPack 8.2.3, InstallPack 8.2.1)
Ascension 1.4.23 (from readme... how can i be sure?)
Well, if you use the old Ascension v1.41... from the Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.23.exe, the you are using the wrong component...

BGT 1.08
BPv179d.7z

Maybe BWS should put a conflict between Ascension and BP ?

Moreover, which one is "regular ascension" and which one is the "BWP ascension"? I have only found one : Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.23.exe
There is ~SETUP-BPV179.TP2~ #0 #15 // Ascension for BP ... which is the BP Ascension that should work better than the Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.23.exe component 0 that's called "Ascension v1.41".
Why the BWS actually loads the Ascension and BP, is that the BP doesn't have the additional components 1-5 that the Ascension does.

Fouinto

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 01:03:46 PM »
OK

Well it's getting stranger each day... I've removed ascension from my selection and tried again a French installation of others mods and the installation of BGT crash the same way :/
I've pointed ascension, but I was wrong, sorry.
I can't understand what's happen... I guess I will give up the French installation and install everything in English.

Thank you for your help

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: