Author Topic: can't play multiplayer!!  (Read 3720 times)

Amon

can't play multiplayer!!
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:42:50 AM »
hi there!

i want to play TuTu on  multiplayer with my friend, but i can't join a game or create game.. when i try to do these, game crashes to windows and give me an error named as "baldur's gate II SoA stopped working bla bla.."

we use same version hamachi, my DVD's.. but i have vista operating sistem, my friend's is XP..

this is an annoying problem.. Any suggestions?

Offline Miloch

• Barbarian
  • Planewalker
Re: can't play multiplayer!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 12:14:06 AM »
You need to have exactly the same games, patches, mods, etc. - same order and everything. Maybe it's the different operating systems, I dunno.

EKitty

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:12:46 PM »
This problem snapped me on the butt as well.  I can play single player, but cannot start a multiplayer session.  I am not able to select IPX and don't have the cabling or ports necessary for a serial game.

This problem is truly frustrating.  It was working with my BGII:TB installation before I switched to using Tutu.  I uninstalled all other BG installations, so I'd really like to get this working.  Since I, like the OP, am not able to even start a multiplayer session, the version and mod order of any other player doesn't pertain just yet.

EKitty

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 05:53:04 PM »
Solved my own problem by going into the BGConfig and changing the Cache size to 900 MB under Gameplay>Miscellaneous.  Why it was set to 300 when the game won't even run with less than 250 is beyond me.

Sorry for the bit of necromancy performed on this post unnecessarily.  Thank you for such a great mod!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: