Author Topic: Missing Music?  (Read 3837 times)

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
Missing Music?
« on: August 26, 2009, 03:24:24 PM »
I've noticed while playing easytutu BG that music during cutscenes, like the narration during chapters and dreams, doesn't play like it's supposed to. Is there a patch that will add this music back to the game? Or will I just have to deal with it if I want to play tutubg?

An unrelated issue, my character has all the bonus spell abilities right at the beginning instead of earning them through dreams/gameplay. Is this something else that can be patched?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:30:12 PM by Madae »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Missing Music?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »
If you have battle music, tavern music and forest music, you've nothing to worry about: cutscenes during chapters and dreams only have voice, not music. (Though the short movie with kobolds when you enter Nashkel probably should have some foreboding music).

As for abilities, yes: when you create a new character and start a new game, wait a few seconds until a quarterstaff appears in his or her hands. Then the abilities disappear and you can save.

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 03:39:13 PM »
I guess maybe I don't remember the game that well. I'm really just going off the first narration video when you start a new game. In regular BG, it plays a song, but in BGtutu, it doesn't. I guess I just assumed all narration videos had some sort of music to them (and I really thought there was?).

And the abilities thing - that stinks. I've gotten pretty far in the game already. =/ I would hate to have to start over. Kinda a bummer. Thanks for the info though. :)

edit; weird. I'm trying to duplicate the problem i had with the abilities, but it fixes it rather quickly like you said it would. For some reason though, the character I made is level 4, and has 6 abilities already only after 3 dreams. I have 3 cure light wounds (i'm guessing I should only have 2 at this point) and just got slow poison (which was a new add over what I started with), but I also have draw upon holy might, vampiric touch and larlochs minor drain (and something else). Not sure what I could have done that made her keep the abilities at creation. I created a new game in BG2 just to see if it would transfer over and I have fewer abilties overall, and missing one or two - which is a good thing at least, I won't have things I shouldn't when I finish and transfer over. :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 04:00:33 PM by Madae »

temujin_

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 05:58:05 PM »
If you have battle music, tavern music and forest music, you've nothing to worry about: cutscenes during chapters and dreams only have voice, not music.

that's not entirely true.  he's asking about textscreen music.

I guess maybe I don't remember the game that well.... I guess I just assumed all narration videos had some sort of music to them (and I really thought there was?).

no, you're right.  there is indeed music during the prologue.  try going here and download the 'Restored Textscreen Music - Core Installation Pack' and also the language pack.  i believe it also works for Easytutu.

the problem is, neither Tutu nor BGT can restore this textscreen music on their own because this stuff is hardcoded somewhere............which means, there is only one guy that has the skill and the will to fix this properly once and for all:

Taimon - The Slayer of All Things Hardcoded!

maybe someone should ask him...

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the download. :) It works now.

Rune Darkfire

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »
I just installed that music-patch, and it fixes music during the opening prologue part, but there's unfortunately still no music during the Chapter One textscreen.  Haven't got to Ch. 2 yet or any of the dreams, so I guess we'll see.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: