Author Topic: Change the look of your avatar?  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
Change the look of your avatar?
« on: August 23, 2009, 02:35:40 PM »
I was wondering if there was a mod or a command that can be done in game that will change the appearance of your character - like the mage look, or the rogue look. Like say I wanted to make a Kensai/Thief. Since I have to choose Kensai first, my character will have the default fighter look - but what if I want it to have the default rogue look with the hood? Same thing with a Kensai/Mage. Fighters don't look any different when they put on robes, but Mages do.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Change the look of your avatar?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 02:41:37 PM »
There are certain components of BG2 Tweaks mod from gibberlings3.net which may help(with robes for sure).

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 04:06:28 PM »
Thanks for the info. :)

I downloaded it and tried installing, but neither of the files that the readme tells me to run are executables. I tried renaming them, but I just get errors. Some of the changes were neat, but there still wasn't one for what I wanted overall.

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 06:07:56 PM »
If you're having trouble installing mods, be sure to check the readmes (and make sure you downloaded the right version for your operating system).  The G3 readmes should have detailed information about how to install the mod.

I think Kulyok is referring to this component from the BG2 Tweak Pack:
Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)
This component will change characters' avatars to a mage if they equip a robe or a fighter/thief/cleric if they equip armor. This allows a thief/mage, for example, to equip a robe and look like as if he is actually wearing one, and then equip a piece of leather armor, and look like a thief. This component will affect all items in the game, including those added by mods.

I believe there's an updated version of this component in 1PP Thieves Galore (requires Female Dwarves).  You may wish to check out the other 1PP stuff as well.

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 12:37:31 PM »
The one I was trying to install was for BG1. I downloaded the BG2 one as well, and that one looks like it could work since it's an executable. The BG1 one, however, is just a zip file and the files that it tells me to run to install it are not executables (which is what it says they are in the readme) and changing either of them to an exe just causes them to give an error.

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »
Firstly, it sounds like you're running Tutu and not plain BG1, in which case you don't want mods that are designed for plain BG1, but ones for the BG2 engine (ie. get the BG2 Tweak Pack, not BG1Tweaks).

Secondly, if you downloaded a .zip from G3, there's a good chance it was the Linux version of the mod, which does not contain a Setup .exe file.

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:54:44 PM »
So running the BG2tweak pack will work for (easy)tutu bg1?

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 07:15:11 PM »
Yes.

This mod works on normal Baldur's Gate II games as well as either of the two Baldur's Gate conversion projects, BG1Tutu (Tutu) and Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT).

This mod includes and deprecates several other mods: the G3 Tweak Pack, the Tutu Tweak Pack, and Wes Weimer's Ease of Use mod.

Offline Madae

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 03:23:08 PM »
Cool, thanks. I'll give it a try. :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: