Author Topic: Nalia's class  (Read 4700 times)

Offline Ohpus

• Planewalker
Nalia's class
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
Just a thought.

One of the reasons I never used Nalia is that she just seemed sub-par class-wise. You get Yoshimo right out of Chateau Irenicus and he is much better at that than Nalia. Even Aerie is a better wizard than Nalia. Then Imoen gets back and she fills the same Thief/Mage slot in a party. She's much better at it and one has to ask...do i really need two Thief/Mage?

It would seem better for her adoption if her SoA/ToB install had the ability to change her class to Fighter/Mage (perfectly appropriate) or just a straight Mage (as a poor substitute for Edwin instead of a poor substitute for Imoen). This would be similar to the Xan mod for example.

It may not be possible to change any "thiefy" referances in the official Bioware scripts, but they could be downplayed.

(...and yes I read the FAQ...an install option regardless would be good....)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:24:30 PM by Ohpus »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Nalia's class
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 12:15:07 AM »
All Bioware NPCs, including Nalia, can be changed to whatever class you want via Level1NPCs mod at
http://www.gibberlings3.net/level1npcs/

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »
And to answer the next question--no, it won't break any of our scripting, although the bit where Nalia explains in roundabout fashion just how she came to be a thief->mage dual classer won't make quite as much sense narratively.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Ohpus

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:31:18 AM »
That's okay. When you play a female characte romancing the Bioware NPCs much of the dialogue does not seem to make contextual sense. That's where imagination comes in.  ;D

I thought about that utility and Spellkeeper, but i suspect Spellkeeper is responsable for the other issue I was experiencing with renamed characters.

Offline nmodd

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 01:18:16 AM »
I used that to change her class to multi instead of dual class.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: