Author Topic: Repeated Crashing to Desktop  (Read 6365 times)

Raiha

Repeated Crashing to Desktop
« on: July 21, 2009, 02:13:29 PM »
OK, so I've exhausted my list of things to troubleshoot. After downloading/installing the Sola mod and the complementary Flirt Pack, every time I have Sola in my party and we talk, there is an immediate crash straight to the desktop right after. I completely uninstalled the game, redownloaded the patch, etc. etc. went back to clean install -- and we're still crashing. This is my WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DEARNISE/SETUP-DEARNISE.TP2~ #0 #0 // de'Arnise Romance for Baldur's Gate II, v2
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v8
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Mage
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1-style flaming swords
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // EdwinRomance
~SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restore Edwin's BG1 portrait
~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)
~SETUP-RPGSOLAFLIRTPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // The RPG Solaufein Flirt Pack for BG2 (Rated NC17)
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #13 // Anomen/Solaufein Romance Conflict For SOA (Solaufein V60 or greater recommended)

Yes, I know I don't have much. Yes, I know I don't have Baldurdash. Anyway, I would really like to play this romance all the way through without it crashing every time I talk to Solaufein or he talks to me - we are at the third LT, I think. Another weird thing is every time I try to AdvanceRealTime to speed things along as far as banters go, it crashes too...

Any thoughts?

Raiha

Re: Repeated Crashing to Desktop
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »
Oh, and some more information.

My party:
PC
Minsc
Jaheira
Viconia
Xan
Solaufein

And in other interesting news, for no reason in the middle of a battle (during a blessed moment of non-crashing) Xan started saying the PC's lines from the last part of the Underdark scene ("A pity, I did want to walk around and pretend to be a true worshipper of Lolth...").

Weird stuff.

Raiha

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:59:05 PM »
Wow, OK. With much repeated testing, even when Sola is the ONLY mod installed, after the patch that is, he still crashes hard every time he's about to talk to me, or shortly after he talks to me. Either way.  I thought for a minute it was Xan messing things up, even though that seemed unlikely, but I've proven that's not the case I suppose. Any ideas? Perhaps my computer is just racist against the Drow? Bare-bones SoA+official patch+Solaufein, that's all I've got going right now and it's still quietly imploding every time my PC and Sola are going to have a normal conversation.

Offline Leomar

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 12:16:09 AM »
Bare-bones SoA+official patch+Solaufein, that's all I've got going right now and it's still quietly imploding every time my PC and Sola are going to have a normal conversation.
It looks like you used your save game after the reinstallation and the bug is stored in it. So you must start a new game or use an earlier save game before you get Solaufein.

Greetings Leomar

Raiha

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 02:38:01 PM »
Curses. That's exactly what I was hoping it wouldn't be, but that makes sense. Alright, thanks.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: