Author Topic: Tutufix v17  (Read 14040 times)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Tutufix v17
« on: May 16, 2006, 03:07:07 PM »
Hello -

For those who are curious, here's what's changed:

- Version number 17 was chosen to avoid confusing this update with the Tutu 6 beta
    versions of Tutufix.
 - The "BG2 style world map" component has been updated to correct a small
    oversight: it now copies in all three files required for it to be fully
    installed and functional.
 - The "Remove Spells That Weren't In BG2" component has been temporarily deprecated
    due to causing unavoidable game crashes in certain instances.
 - The "Core Bugfixes," "Organised Journal Entries," "Journal Entry Titles," and
    "BG2 style world map" components have been updated such that they will not
    install on the *pending* release of EasyTutu (which will be released around
    01 June 2006).
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
  • Death comes for you! Feel its icy breath!
Re: Tutufix v17
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:36:04 AM »
What would you recommend i install on the lateiest EasyTutu from the 17version fix? I don't want to risk the core fixes until i had a comfirmation that it was okay to do so without corupting my game.
Montaron- Ye goody-goodies make me sick!
Xzar- Must we be so insufferably charitable?!

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 11:21:26 AM »
Hello -

What would you recommend i install on the lateiest EasyTutu from the 17version fix? I don't want to risk the core fixes until i had a comfirmation that it was okay to do so without corupting my game.

Until the next version of EasyTutu is released, nothing has changed.

Once it has been released, using Tutufix 17 will eliminate the need to worry about what should or should not be installed, because Tutufix 17 will refuse to install anything that should not be installed on that version (and all future versions) of EasyTutu.

Offline alboy

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »
Hi all

I just downloaded Tutufix 17. Before I install I would like to check if I have the correct version, The version no. in the readme says Tutufix version no. 15.  Is this correct or have you not uploaded version 17 as yet?

Alan

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:49:52 AM »
Hello -

I just downloaded Tutufix 17. Before I install I would like to check if I have the correct version, The version no. in the readme says Tutufix version no. 15.  Is this correct or have you not uploaded version 17 as yet?

That is entirely my fault.  I am not accustomed to maintaining the documentation for that package, and I didn't notice the version number at the top.  You'll know you have the right package if the revision history at the bottom contains notes for v17.

My apologies for the confusion.

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »
Hello -

A corrected package has been submitted, and should replace the one with the incorrect readme within the next hour or two.

Thanks for reporting the oversight.

uagrafik

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 12:02:45 PM »
 I'm trying to fix core bugs with tutu fix v17 but it wont work. Says something in key directory is missin or somethin. i have a full bg1 install with latest bioware patch(no totsc), and BGII soa&TOB with latest patches and alla fully installed. no other mods. i re installed 3 times all the games and tutu but it wwont work. And my real problems are: cant see casting glows altough its open, and I cant get to cloakwood forest part 2 map. when it loads the map i hear the birds singin(env. audio) for a few seconds and Game CRASHES!!! after last re installation i started a new game thinking i made a mistake maybe, played through and same thing happens (Man im playing with only main char with no companions and really cant re start again !!!)

can you please help me.

thnx

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 12:12:15 PM »
Hello -

I'm trying to fix core bugs with tutu fix v17 but it wont work. Says something in key directory is missin or somethin. i have a full bg1 install with latest bioware patch(no totsc), and BGII soa&TOB with latest patches and alla fully installed. no other mods. i re installed 3 times all the games and tutu but it wwont work. And my real problems are: cant see casting glows altough its open, and I cant get to cloakwood forest part 2 map. when it loads the map i hear the birds singin(env. audio) for a few seconds and Game CRASHES!!! after last re installation i started a new game thinking i made a mistake maybe, played through and same thing happens (Man im playing with only main char with no companions and really cant re start again !!!)

You may be stuck with restarting no matter what, unfortunately.

I am pretty sure your Cloakwood problem is a direct result of not having successfully installed the core bug fixes.  If you want to take a stab at getting them installed, have a look at this thread.  Once you get them installed, a game restart might still be required...I can't say for sure.

The latest release of EasyTutu has added experimental support for BG1 without TotSC, so you could also try reinstalling with that.  If you are interested, read through this thread for things to watch out for.

uagrafik

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »
I got a Totsc and reinstalled all games and patches, then got the lateset easy tutu. all is ok my cloakwoood problem is over now but I have the same problem in the Farm area North of F.ARM INN!! (Man i love this game and tryin very hard believe me) I tried everytjing but  it wont work. after saving the game to autosave load screen comes but suddenly game chrashes. I re copied .bif of area1400 but that didnt help. Can you please * looks into ur eyes hopelessly * (man i hate it cuz that area is a bridge to baldurs gate so i cant avoid it is there an app that i can use to get to the BG bridge area?)

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 06:01:42 PM »
Hello -

I got a Totsc and reinstalled all games and patches, then got the lateset easy tutu. all is ok my cloakwoood problem is over now but I have the same problem in the Farm area North of F.ARM INN!! (Man i love this game and tryin very hard believe me) I tried everytjing but  it wont work. after saving the game to autosave load screen comes but suddenly game chrashes. I re copied .bif of area1400 but that didnt help. Can you please * looks into ur eyes hopelessly * (man i hate it cuz that area is a bridge to baldurs gate so i cant avoid it is there an app that i can use to get to the BG bridge area?)

Did you start a new game or just use your old save on EasyTutu?  If you used your old save, you may have more problems ahead of you -- your best bet would be to start fresh now that you have a stable installation.

I am pretty sure the BG bridge area is FW0900.  To teleport there, exit Tutu, go to your EasyTutu folder, open baldur.ini, add Debug Mode=1 as the first line under [Program Options], save, and restart EasyTutu.  Then hit CTRL-Space to get the console, and type CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("FW0900").

pedro perez

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 01:48:41 PM »
Hello -

For those who are curious, here's what's changed:

- Version number 17 was chosen to avoid confusing this update with the Tutu 6 beta
    versions of Tutufix.
 - The "BG2 style world map" component has been updated to correct a small
    oversight: it now copies in all three files required for it to be fully
    installed and functional.
 - The "Remove Spells That Weren't In BG2" component has been temporarily deprecated
    due to causing unavoidable game crashes in certain instances.
 - The "Core Bugfixes," "Organised Journal Entries," "Journal Entry Titles," and
    "BG2 style world map" components have been updated such that they will not
    install on the *pending* release of EasyTutu (which will be released around
    01 June 2006).
>:(

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: