Author Topic: Stuck at Chapter2: Missing NPC? Possible bug.  (Read 5665 times)

Offline Cale

• Planewalker
Stuck at Chapter2: Missing NPC? Possible bug.
« on: April 01, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »
After completing the Nashkel mines in chapter2, It appears I'm in a selfcaused stuck-state in the mainquestline. There are two ways to find the Bandit camp, correct? One being the harassing that mage Tranzig - OR - Finding the "bandit group working with demi-humans", appears that I have at some point KILLED said group of bandits, and cannot reach the camp via them, excuse my babbling, here comes the real deal: It appears said NPC Tranzig is missing from the inn in Beregost, I have the letter from Nashkel mine's where it's told that he's waiting there.

Is there any ways to spawn him? I believe this bug is caused by Tutu v6 possibly. I have tried the console command CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("[monster name]") in attempt to spawn him and yes, I am aware of the six letter namelimit, still I'm getting "creature does not exist" error from the console.  ???

Another solution could be to spawn those two(?) Bandit groups in the forests of Larswood & Peldwale, which I had already apparently killed before while doing little..exploring, until I realised they were more than just some bunch to get shinies from that is.

Also, this is my first time playing BG1, so I heard that I should be at chapter3 after completing Nashkel mines, but still I'm stuck at chapter2 ? again, possible that the Tranzig hasn't spawned because of that. I double-checked the mines to see if I had forgotten anything with no help. Any console codes to jump straight to chapter 3?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 03:45:35 PM by Cale »

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
Re: Stuck at Chapter2: Missing NPC? Possible bug.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »
Tutu v6 is not reccomended for playing. It still contains some problems. The source code has been donated to the community, but the development has stopped on v6.

The last version of vanilla Tutu that works well (and is moddable) is v4. The recommended version, however, is Macready's EasyTutu_SoA or EasyTutu_ToB, http://www.usoutpost31.com/easytutu/ which provide an excellent Tutu experience if you use english language SoA or ToB. These distributions provide bugfixed, stable, and independent Tutu installs.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: