Author Topic: New Wizard Slayer base resistance not reflected on character sheet.  (Read 9780 times)

Offline Joe

• Planewalker
On the character sheet, at first level, it shows Magic Resistance to be at 4 instead of 8.

I'm running EasyTutu with a bunch of mods, all of them compatible and installed in the order recommended here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122

SlayerOF bHAAL

Re: New Wizard Slayer base resistance not reflected on character sheet.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:31:56 PM »
You're lucky. I messed up my wizard slayer by creating him in the first Baldur's Gate and not correcting a problem with his magic restitance bonus per level. I think I fixed it now but I'm to far into the game, and missed alot of the gains pers level. I'm level 20 now and only with 24% magic resist. If anyone knows how to fix this please reply.

SlayerOF bHALL

Re: New Wizard Slayer base resistance not reflected on character sheet.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:53:21 PM »
My bad you guys I found my answer on another website

"Wizard Slayers.

In SoA-only installs, they actually receive a 2% per level MR resistance bonus every level. In theory they could cap out at 80% at level 40, but the XP cap keeps them to 38% at level 19.

With ToB installed, they receive 1% per level until level 20. At level 20, they start alternating between +5% and +1% MR each level. This leads to a theoretical cap of 84% at level 40.

Why they decided to change it from the slow, steady, imminently predictable SoA scale to the one in ToB is beyond me, but in both cases there is no 14% startout bonus. I believe Nick's already got a topic floating around here about updating this kit description.

Lesson learned for wizard slayers: don't install ToB until you hit level 20."

However with only SOA installed you can only reach level 19. That's the cap. However with ToB installed you can use potions with your wizard slayer. Otherwise you can't in SoA unless you have ToB installed. Not sure what would happen if you had SoA till level 19 and then installed ToB to get the new level up charts. Would it keep you at the old SoA amounts and end at 80% mag resist. Otherwise if you timed your installs right by my math theorically you could end at lv 40 with 104% mag resist.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: