Author Topic: Whats the difference in making npcs in BG1 or 2 and BGTuTu?  (Read 2746 times)

Offline Kitsune Non Grata

• Planewalker
I have read a lot of tutorials on modding for BG2 and I get the hang of it for the most part. I know TuTu uses the BG2 interface. I have the banter pack installed if that matters.

In general I figured it would be more fun if I made npcs that were in both games since I figured I've played enough mods I should try to donate a bit of time back to the community.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Whats the difference in making npcs in BG1 or 2 and BGTuTu?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Welcome to PPG!

Making a full NPC mod with banters, a soundset, a quest and interjections might take hundreds of working hours - three or four months of full-time work. So, I'd recommend completing one NPC first. Tutu modding isn't that different from BG2 modding: it's just file names differ a bit. If you want to make a mod that will keep you interested(so you don't abandon it), maybe it's worth it to start with the character's story - and then you'll see which game fits for him or her. Good luck. See our tutorials - coding in .d for beginners, scripting guide, How to make an NPC and so on.

Offline Kitsune Non Grata

• Planewalker
Re: Whats the difference in making npcs in BG1 or 2 and BGTuTu?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »
oh trust me, I've already done all that and I understand how much time it will take. I wouldn't try if I wasn't already ready. I have a good idea in my head. The first game lacks content even though tis the second game's mods that got me wanting to do things. I don't mind spending hundreds of hours on something if I enjoy the end result and can share it. I have a job doing this sort of thing already. Doing it unrelated to work is far more fun.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:08:10 AM by Kitsune Non Grata »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: