Author Topic: Heart of Winter  (Read 3659 times)

Eleriana

Heart of Winter
« on: May 06, 2009, 08:31:32 AM »
Finished Icewind Dale last night, with the NPC mod installed.  Was amazing!  I must have played IWD a hundred times without the mod, but it was so much more deep and emotive with it added on.   

Great work! :D

One problem though...

I killed Belifhet, and then started Heart of Winter with all of my characters imported.  To my horror, it seemed that my relationships with all of the NPCs was back to square one!  (Especially heartbreaking when it came to Korin  :'( )

Is there anything I can do about this?  Or do I just pretend they all hit their heads on the ship to Lonelywood?  I have a horrible feeling I should have played HoW half way through IWD now, but I hate doing that.  And it's too late now!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Heart of Winter
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:38:10 AM »
Yes, just like the Readme recommends, it's best to make HoW a part of IWD - the game's final is the ultimate final.
(I recommend TotL, by the way - it's very nice; I'd say it's deeper than Durlag's tower in BG1 expansion).

What I'd do - I'd play HoW and TotL with my heroine, knowing that I love Korin and he loves me. When my party members talk in HoW and TotL, it shows that they are real friends and brothers-in-arms by now. Yes, certain flirt options will be missing - but, seriously, existing banters and your imagination should more than make up for it.

And thank you for the kind words!

DalreiDal

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 02:32:52 AM »
...I don't understand...  You mean you can leave with Hjolder to take care of his barbarian business, and then go back to finishing off Poquelin/Belhifet-what's-his-name?  Meaning, playing the whole expansion pack before going back to finishing the vanilla campain?

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 02:50:50 AM »
Yes, exactly, this is what I recommend. And this is how, I believe, the game is meant to play - otherwise Hjolder wouldn't be waiting for the party in Kuldahar during the main campaign.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: