Author Topic: Rate my voice!  (Read 6158 times)

Offline Lorph Halys

• Planewalker
Rate my voice!
« on: October 22, 2009, 10:51:07 AM »
Alright, folks. It's time for Lorph Halys to take his medicine, and in this case, the medicine is a double dose of brutal honesty.

This is a selection of voice clips for the Zathali NPC mod, provided by yours truly. What I need you folks to do is tell me if they suck or not. If my delivery is bad, or you just don't like my voice, or you have any problems with them at all, let me know. (EXCEPTION: I'm aware that some of the clips are muffled, too quiet, or of uneven amplitude. This is being fixed to the best of my ability.)

Don't concern yourself about sparing my feelings, please. If you genuinely do think they're OK, great, but if they're bad, tell me they're bad. I'm no actor and I've never done something like this before, so I know full well that my skills probably aren't up to scratch.

If the consensus is negative then I'll probably just end up giving Zathali a standard "functional" voice set (battle cries, death rattle, etc.) and leaving his actual dialogue unvoiced. Not my first choice, but still preferable to subjecting people to ear sodomy every time he has something to say.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:16:54 AM by Lorph Halys »

Offline Jarno Mikkola

• The Imp.
  • Planewalker
    • website jocuri
Re: Rate my vocie!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:19:13 PM »
Well, if you have the patience to record the lines multiple times so you can get rid of the bad effects the microphone makes when something hits it, your voice will do better than fine. Cheers...

Offline nurgles_herald

• Planewalker
  • Valar dohaeris
Re: Rate my vocie!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 08:30:36 PM »
Yeah.  If we're just talking about voice tone and tenor and whatnot, I see your voice working magnificently.  That said, you should probably rerecord most of those lines under more ideal circumstances, to eliminate or minimize background noise and "popping."  But the voice itself is excellent.
"It makes far better sense to reshape ourselves to fit a finite planet than to attempt to reshape the planet to fit our infinite wants."

"Communism failed as an ascetic morality. Capitalism failed because it destroys morality altogether."
--David Orr

http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC27/Orr.htm

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: