Author Topic: Dumbest question of the week?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
Dumbest question of the week?
« on: January 30, 2009, 05:01:33 AM »
Okay, I'm sort of back ... playing BGII for the first time in several years.  I'm finding a lot of new mods but the one I want is where my clerics can use swords.  For some reason, I'm not finding it ... or I have it installed and it's not working.  Anyone know which one it is or where I can find it ... or did I install it too late and have to start a new game?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Dumbest question of the week?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 05:35:05 AM »
Ashes of Embers, for one. Certain tweakpacks(I'm saying "certain", because I don't remember the exact title, sorry) got it, too.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 05:47:09 AM »
Thanks, Kulyok.  I've certainly done something wrong cause now the game's crashing when I try to get into Renal's hideout.  Time for a fresh install, I think.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:23:41 AM »
Okay, I'm about to get even dumber.  Yes, I have patched the damn thing.  Got the swords sorted out. 

Problem is, program is crashing when I try to go to the docks.  Missing files?  Not sure. I don't understand it.  It was working perfectly on a previous run ... it's just never been on this computer.  And yes, I've seen Gaelan and the slums so that's not the answer.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 08:27:26 AM »
The usual: restore a clean backup from here
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17555
make sure all your mods are compatible(and aren't buggy even when installed on their own)
and (after reinstalling your mods!) post your Weidu.log in this topic, so that others(those who played the mod in question, that is) can help.

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 12:47:02 AM »
Okay, thanks ... checked all that and it seems to be the graphics.  Now I have another problem. Reaver won't work.  Installed mods (all of which I've used before) are, in this order:
SoA
ToB
ToB Patch
Fix Drow Egg Guards (override)
Lady Delcia Fix (override)
Solufein
Kelsey SoA & ToB
Ease of Use
Items Upgrade
Ashes of Embers
DBG
Kivan
Banter
Flirt
Zyrean's Misc

Any clues there?

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 02:47:51 AM »
Fix Drow Egg Guards (override)
Lady Delcia Fix (override)

Drop these, install the big BG2 Fixpack on G3 instead ;).

As for your install order, I recall something about having contend-adding mods (such as NPC mods such as Kivan) before the tweak mods (Ashes of embers should go a bit later, in that case).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: