Author Topic: manipulate skill points  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Irie

• Planewalker
manipulate skill points
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:05:12 PM »
hey guys,
i noticed several chars have pretty darn useless skillpoints when you pick them up to join your groups. for instance kivan has two skill points in helbards wich is fine with me since he has that in BG1 without tutu as well. but he also has two skill points in two weapon style! what the hel? is he supposed to dual-wield helbard?! also minsc has the same problem. he has two skill points in two-handed sword which is fine. but then 3!!! skill points in two weapon style. i mean come on... how senseless is that?

so im wondering how i can manipulate their skill points to make then a serious fighter. any suggestions?

Offline Mike1072

• Planewalker
Re: manipulate skill points
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »

Offline plainab

• Sasha al'Therin
  • Planewalker
    • Infinity Engine Modding
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »
hey guys,
i noticed several chars have pretty darn useless skillpoints when you pick them up to join your groups. for instance kivan has two skill points in helbards wich is fine with me since he has that in BG1 without tutu as well. but he also has two skill points in two weapon style! what the hel? is he supposed to dual-wield helbard?! also minsc has the same problem. he has two skill points in two-handed sword which is fine. but then 3!!! skill points in two weapon style. i mean come on... how senseless is that?

so im wondering how i can manipulate their skill points to make then a serious fighter. any suggestions?
You can use the Level1NPCs mod (that Mike1072 linked to) to make changes to the bioware NPC's as well as a few of the mod added NPC's depending upon which game it is being used in.
Also, Minsc and Kivan are rangers by default and in the BG2 engine (which Tutu uses) rangers are given automatic points in Two Weapon Style. There is no getting around that, unless you want to change them into pure fighters but then you loose any ranger spells that they could have had.
My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altherin.webs.com

Offline Irie

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 03:28:34 AM »
in BG2 minsc had no pints in two weapon style, so i guess its possible to get around it

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: