Author Topic: Help restoring original baldur's gate save file in easytutu (please?)  (Read 2503 times)

Offline h-town

• Planewalker
I've recently decided to reinstall baldur's gate 1 and 2, since I quit playing the first game a while ago in frustration, but since I've heard about tutu i've been very interested in trying it again. So i've installed the 2 games (fully), patched them and installed tutu. It runs fine and makes BG1 look GORGEOUS! but, I've tried to copy my 4 hour old game I was playing today before I installed Tutu into the tutu Save folder, but it doesn't recognize the save files when I try to load them. What gives? I don't want to replay the last 4 hours if I don't have to  :-\

Offline h-town

• Planewalker
Re: Help restoring original baldur's gate save file in easytutu (please?)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:26:43 PM »
Never mind. From the faq:

Q: Can I somehow convert my savegames from vanilla BG1 so that I can use them in Tutu?

A: No, you can only use Tutu savegames in Tutu.  In addition, be aware that savegames are also tied to the mods in use at the time they were created, so for a savegame to transfer perfectly from one Tutu installation to another, you'd need the same versions of the same mods, installed in the exact same order.

Sorry for spamming your boards. I think easytutu is totally awesome though  ;D

Offline Macready

• Planewalker
    • EasyTutu
Re: Help restoring original baldur's gate save file in easytutu (please?)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:13:53 PM »
Woohoo, a self-answering post! :)

Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself.
EasyTutu: Tutu installation made simple.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: