Author Topic: Missing Magick Items  (Read 3737 times)

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
Missing Magick Items
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:07:02 AM »
Are the Gauntlets/Bracers of Dexterity and Gauntlets of Ogre Power in the FotD mod? If not, it kind of spoils the "Shar-Teel vs Khagain, which is best?" debate.

Khagain, Ogre Power or Dexterity? Will his greater hp then make more difference if he has a higher AC than Shar-Teel?

But what about his STR 16? Does that make him a poor second, even if his DEX is high?

~

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
Re: Missing Magick Items
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:21:53 AM »
They are not in the game right now because I did not find a place to put them, but they will be back in 1.08.

Offline Shadowblade

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:07:50 AM »
Cheers,

Where were they originally?

I found the cursed DEX gauntlets on Bassilus, but they are only +1 DEX by the description, rather than setting DEX to 18 (of course, as they are cursed, they actually grant something like -5 to DEX).

I'm managing by having Edwin memorise two Cat's Grace spells per day, so he and Kagain get DEX 16 to 18 for most of a map. I think they were part of your mod, so well done!

~

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »
Originally, the Gauntlets of Dexterity are found on the corpse of Hairtooth, who is found in the Gnoll Stronghold area. Likewise, the Gauntlets of Ogre Power belong to Desreta, who is hanging out at the Low Lantern.

The description is correct. This is how the real GoD work now:

Dexterity: +1
Pick Pockets: +10%
Open Locks: +10%

Cat's Grace is a FotD spell, yes. I am glad you have found it useful. I intend to update the site to include descriptions of all the new spells.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: