Author Topic: Tactics help please  (Read 2697 times)

Offline norwegianpidgeon

• Planewalker
Tactics help please
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:30:51 AM »
I have really enjoyed the Tactics mod and I am on the final battle with Irenicus in SOA.  After many reloads I finally got a solid strategy for getting through the first phase (boy was that wraith of wrath a pain) and the 2nd phase is easily defeated by turning into the slayer.  However I cannot defeat "The Shattered One".  He seems to have unlimited spells and every time I damage him he just teleports and heals himself and since his aura is cleansed after every spell he can heal critical wounds 2 or three times before my fighters can reach him.  Sometimes he teleports and heals once then teleports again and heals again making it impossible to kill him.  Am I missing something here.  Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline coaster

• Planewalker
Re: Tactics help please
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »
It's a while since I've played against Tactics Irenicus. Two things might help - speeding yourself up and slowing Irenicus down. The first should be done by Improved Hasting yourself (or your party); the second, by using the Flail of Ages (if the slow effect works on Irenicus - I think it does) Ranged weapons (eg. Gesen bow if you have it) might help hit Irenicus over long distances whilst disrupting his spellcasting. Insect Plague could disrupt him more consistently.

Just a few suggestions - not sure how many will work as I can't recall Improved Irenicus's resistances, but worth a shot perhaps.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: